SportsWrath

Peyton Hillis to re-sign with the Giants

Mr. P

Peyton Hillis, who helped bail the Giants out of a running back jam last season, will return to the team and sign a two-year deal on Tuesday, the Daily News has learned.

The 28-year-old Hillis was enroute to New Jersey on Monday night, according to an NFL source, and is expected to sign the deal today. His signing is the first clue to the Giants’ plans at running back, where Andre Brown is a free-agent and David Wilson is recovering from neck surgery.

Last year, Hillis signed with the Giants in mid-October after Wilson suffered his neck injury and Brandon Jacobs – another veteran who had been signed after the season started to help the depleted Giants – pulled his hamstring. The Giants were left with just one healthy running back in rookie Michael Cox.

Hillis, the former Cleveland Brown (and Madden coverboy), started his first game for the Giants and gained 36 yards on 18 carries and had a touchdown in a win over the Vikings. The 6-2, 250-pounder stuck around to carry the ball 73 times for 247 yards in seven games and provided a physical presence out of the backfield.

Terms of his deal were not immediately available. The Giants are also close to re-signing cornerback Trumaine McBride and kicker Josh Brown and both of those deals could be done today.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2014/03/peyton-hillis-to-re-sign-with-the-giants

Hillis proved his worth and like Naz says, a true "blue collar guy", not a prima donna that needs attention or sits everytime he gets rattled with a hard hit. No way he should be the feature back, but he's very useful off the bench and pounding for a few necessary yards. Good move!

yeah he also reminds me of other scrappy blue collar lunch pail players like toby gerhart, brian leonard, jim leonhard, danny woodhead, dave tollefson, heath miller, brian hartline, john lynch, wayne chrebet, nick greisen, greg comella, chad bratzke, christian peter, larry csonka, john riggins, merrill hodge, and peyton manning

yeah he also reminds me of other scrappy blue collar lunch pail players like toby gerhart, brian leonard, jim leonhard, danny woodhead, dave tollefson, heath miller, brian hartline, john lynch, wayne chrebet, nick greisen, greg comella, chad bratzke, christian peter, larry csonka, john riggins, merrill hodge, and peyton manning

Lovie Smith is a real class act.

LOL.... i.e., every notable white player in the NFL for the last 20 years. All fifteen or so of them.

:LMAO:

i forgot to mention all the kickers and all the punters except rodney williams. he's a class act though

And he's also well-spoken and a good teammate.

But obviously not scrappy nor brings his lunch pail to work.