SportsWrath

Jameel McClain

gmenroc

McClain is better in coverage too.

I'd like to also add, and I could be wrong, but playing in a 3-4 is more designed for linebackers to have more tackles. The play is funneled more into the linebackers. So that is a possible reason for his higher tackle rate. But there is also an extra linebacker to compete with for tackles.

Either way I like this guy, and hes a cuse guy, so theres that.

and this recently posted newsday article says:

The 245-pounder suffered a spinal contusion in 2012 that put him on PUP for the start of 2013. He wound up starting all 10 games for the Ravens after he returned from the injury and racked up 52 tackles, but the Giants likely will want to give that injury a very close examination.

52 tackles.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-reach-agreement-with-linebacker-jameel-mcclain-1.7387788

I'd like to also add, and I could be wrong, but playing in a 3-4 is more designed for linebackers to have more tackles. The play is funneled more into the linebackers. So that is a possible reason for his higher tackle rate. But there is also an extra linebacker to compete with for tackles.

Either way I like this guy, and hes a cuse guy, so theres that.

He's nothing really special, but better then Rivers was. I wish we went after Wesley Woodyard

He's nothing really special, but better then Rivers was. I wish we went after Wesley Woodyard

Woodyard just got 4 years 16mil from the titans. haven't seen McClain's contract yet but not sure we could have given Woodyard that.

It's hard for me to get a read on this guy.....he showed good play recognition at the snap, and was able to track receivers coming out of the backfield.

But seemed like he had a guard in his face constantly, especially v. NE.

It will be interesting to see how he transitions from the Ravens to a 4-3 scheme....with two DT's to occupy blockers, he might have a greater impact.