SportsWrath

Report: NYG meeting with reps for Beason and A. Brown

Mr. P

Hahahah well that's why they are meeting with him.

Understood...was just interested in the thinking behind why a coach needed to be in place prior to these two players.

Beason provided a clear upgrade, and any current or potential new coach or assistant who couldn't see that, need not be retained or brought in by the Giants in my opinion.

Brown, well, he's a co #1 RB on this team as far as I'm concerned. Wilson's neck injury and possible surgery (I guess there's still a decision to be made there as to whether he'll have it or not) scares me into thinking he might not be around for 2014, which necessitates the signing of Brown as well as the bringing in of a solid FA.

So I think both moves would be viewed as positives by whatever coach or assistant is brought in. The iffy decisions...like Justin Tuck's future (despite solid year, despite talent, having replacements, salary cap implications)...could wait until the coaching staff settles.

Beason is a no brainer, assuming we don't have to offer the moon and/or a ton of guaranteed money.....but anything much beyond the minimum for his years of service (don't know what that number is), is a gamble with Brown. I love him when he's healthy but....well, you know. With both our running backs big question marks, expect to see many new names crop up as possibilities.

Knowing these fucktards, "everyone will be evaluated" means Beason will probably end up getting 15 sacks for the season with the Jets next year and Andre Brown will be hitting average of 70 yards with the Steelers.

Why? I'd think that given Beason's performance, any coach would be glad to have him over what we had prior...

No, I agree . Just that there is so much going on this week with possible coaching moves I thought the Front office would go with getting the coaching settled first and then move on to the players, but with news of the front office setting down with Rosenhous I guess that is not the case.

Understood...was just interested in the thinking behind why a coach needed to be in place prior to these two players.

Beason provided a clear upgrade, and any current or potential new coach or assistant who couldn't see that, need not be retained or brought in by the Giants in my opinion.

Brown, well, he's a co #1 RB on this team as far as I'm concerned. Wilson's neck injury and possible surgery (I guess there's still a decision to be made there as to whether he'll have it or not) scares me into thinking he might not be around for 2014, which necessitates the signing of Brown as well as the bringing in of a solid FA.

So I think both moves would be viewed as positives by whatever coach or assistant is brought in. The iffy decisions...like Justin Tuck's future (despite solid year, despite talent, having replacements, salary cap implications)...could wait until the coaching staff settles.

That concerns me as well did we not learn from waiting so long to get JPP operated on and then come out and have a year like he had Also with the way the dealt with Nicks past injuries. Look Wilson is on the long term IR he should of already had his Surgery in Oct/Nov........ lets wait til July

That concerns me as well did we not learn from waiting so long to get JPP operated on and then come out and have a year like he had Also with the way the dealt with Nicks past injuries. Look Wilson is on the long term IR he should of already had his Surgery in Oct/Nov........ lets wait til July

I suspect they may need to wait for muscle spasms/swelling to go down before they can properly assess the damage and see how they respond to physical therapy. As anyone with back problems can tell you that's never a short wait.

Beason is a no brainer, assuming we don't have to offer the moon and/or a ton of guaranteed money.....but anything much beyond the minimum for his years of service (don't know what that number is), is a gamble with Brown. I love him when he's healthy but....well, you know. With both our running backs big question marks, expect to see many new names crop up as possibilities.

Agreed 100%.

Beason and Brown are 2 separate deals in my opinion.

Would really like to see the Giants just get a fucking banger from the SEC in the 4th round next year....Brown is simply unreliable.

Like Tree said, I think there is a waiting game on the neck surgery. I'm thinking that when it comes to a knee, they're pretty cut and dry anymore to surgically repair. And if the guy limps when he's 40, I think that everyone is okay with that outcome. But when it comes to a neck or back, potential paralysis and career threatening type stuff come into play...they're much more cautious initially in the evaluation it seems.

Not being a doctor, but I believe with the neck/back...players are weighing long term career/life vs. short term playtime and that's not something that they should take lightly. As anorganization, I'd be impatient for a decision from Wilson as to get the surgery or not so I could plan my offseason priorities, but I'd also want him to make the right decision and he should be alotted the time to do so.

With JPP, I think the surgery was inevitable and that's why there was some flak there. If it's already decided that you're going to need/have the surgery, why not have it as soon as possible?

I suspect they may need to wait for muscle spasms/swelling to go down before they can properly assess the damage and see how they respond to physical therapy. As anyone with back problems can tell you that's never a short wait.

Holy fuck are you right on this, Any time i get back spasms in my lower back. it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months for me to start feeling right. It all depends on the severity of the spasms.

I like Brown, but due to the frequent injuries, I wouldn't go nuts spending on him. At best, I would offer him a 3 year deal in the 8-9 million dollar range (total); incentives laden.

In general, I'm not very big on investing in RB's. I'm much more interested in rebuilding the offensive line. In the modern game, an O-Line is far more important. I believe it is here where the gmen should invest the most.

I would also cut Kiwanuka, so that we can resign Tuck at a reasonable price (offer 3 years, ~15-16 million). I'd rather have Tuck than Kiwi back, and I believe Kiwi's 2014 cap number is in the 4-5 million dollar range.