SportsWrath

Eli Manning to set NFL interception record!

Sephiroth

Actually, he's on pace for 27. Which for a single season, puts him behind such icons as Fran Tarkenton, Y.A. Tittle, Peyton Manning, and of course... the "great" Brett Favre.

If only Eli had won as many Super Bowls as those guys. Then he'd truly be great.

Actually, he's on pace for 27. Which for a single season, puts him behind such icons as Fran Tarkenton, Y.A. Tittle, Peyton Manning, and of course... the "great" Brett Favre.

If only Eli had won as many Super Bowls as those guys. Then he'd truly be great.

I get the sarcasm but what's the point? He's a gunslinger?

I get the sarcasm but what's the point? He's a gunslinger?

The point is every time I hear an NFL "analyst" say, "WILL Eli Manning set the NFL interception record this season?" the answer should be "NO, you fucking moron, he's not even close... and until you all get off Brett Favre's cock it doesn't really mean anything now, does it?"

My take: Eli has a good take on his offense......namely, it sucks. As a result, he feels he needs to gamble in order to give the team a chance to win.

He's been this way since Ole Miss. One Sugar Bowl and 2 Super Bowls later, I'm of the opinion that the way to make Eli "better" is to surround him with better players, and change offensive coordinators.

And even if that doesn't happen, right now, Eli goes into the books as the best Giants QB ever.

My take: Eli has a good take on his offense......namely, it sucks. As a result, he feels he needs to gamble in order to give the team a chance to win.

He's been this way since Ole Miss. One Sugar Bowl and 2 Super Bowls later, I'm of the opinion that the way to make Eli "better" is to surround him with better players, and change offensive coordinators.

And even if that doesn't happen, right now, Eli goes into the books as the best Giants QB ever.

You replace Diehl and Cordle with two average players on that O-line and we're once again talking about the Pro Bowl and playoffs.

Pugh hasn't lit the world on fire either, but he gets a pass for being a rookie. He looks small and weak, though (for an O-lineman). Hope a year in the weight room will bulk him up a little.

You replace Diehl and Cordle with two average players on that O-line and we're once again talking about the Pro Bowl and playoffs.

Pugh hasn't lit the world on fire either, but he gets a pass for being a rookie. He looks small and weak, though (for an O-lineman). Hope a year in the weight room will bulk him up a little.

Pugh is decent, though he seems penalty-prone. But like you said, rookie and he's exceeded my expectations. Beatty is a turnstile, however. And I also do think we improved with a more healthy Diehl coming back. Though he's not lighting the world on fire, either.

Yeah, Diehl is one of my favorite Giants, but his time has come and gone. And Cordle has actually made me appreciate David Baas.

I feel like I should back off my criticism of Beatty a bit, even though he did get the Winston Justice treatment against Carolina. But he's been better since then... not good, but better.

I feel like I should back off my criticism of Beatty a bit, even though he did get the Winston Justice treatment against Carolina. But he's been better since then... not good, but better.

He didn't play so good against the Packers. I think he gave up 2 sacks against the Packs.

I was curiouos what the actual stats were. So far Eli's thrown 3 Pick-6's (Week 1 v Dal, Week 6 v Chi, Week 10 v Oak). There's also been 3 PR TDs given up (Week 2 v Den, Week 4 v KC, Week 7 v Min) and 3 fumble returns for TDs (I'm including the one for Oak that Pryor finished with the 1 yard run).

The record for Pick-6's is a season is held by Peyton, with 6 in 2001, so Eli still has a shot at the title.

When he has a defense, and a running game, Eli knows when to play it safe.

Earlier this season, he was surrounded by dogshit.....gambling was his only option.

I don'r care how many INT's or pick 6's he has this year as long as he leads them to victory Sunday I'll be perfectly content. :cheers: