SportsWrath

Jon Beason

Sephiroth

Honestly, I think we should make this guy an offer now.

I was at the game yesterday and the guy totally cut Pryor off from his runs about a half-dozen times. Still looked fast as hell, makes the right reads, and seems like a real character (I liked him checking Tuck's gloves when he almost had the pick). Dude is a purebred leader. This doesn't even look like the same defense anymore... if that was Herzlich in there that fucking QB would have had 100+ rush yards.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the defense has been playing so well since he's been in the middle. We don't have to break the bank but we need to lock this guy up.

We still need to draft LB's. Beason also misread a few running plays and he's not the greatest in coverage. I wouldn't mind resigning, but he's not a long term solution.

Beason has been a great addition to this team... in the few games he's played for us, he's played better than any LB I could remember going back to Jesse Armstead. This guy needs to be a Giant till he hangs them up.

Pryor was fairly predictable, wouldn't you say?

Yes, but Mark Herzlich, Dan Connor, Clint Sintim and whatever shitty LBs the Giants have been trotting out for the past few years would have blown those plays 80% of the time.

This guy can play.

Beason has been a great addition to this team... in the few games he's played for us, he's played better than any LB I could remember going back to Jesse Armstead. This guy needs to be a Giant till he hangs them up.

He wpuld be nice stop gap for a year or two, if he can hold up that long. Depending on were we fall now in the draft I am hoping for a LB to play next to him on the outside.

He wpuld be nice stop gap for a year or two, if he can hold up that long. Depending on were we fall now in the draft I am hoping for a LB to play next to him on the outside.

The guy is 27.. barring a devastating injury, he has far more than 2 years in the tank.

Antonio Pierce just said WTF MAN! :pimp:

I agree that Jon Beason has been amazing for us and a four to six year contract is warranted but consider this...

We have no money and Beason has a history of injuries.

I was at the game yesterday and the guy totally cut Pryor off from his runs about a half-dozen times. Still looked fast as hell, makes the right reads, and seems like a real character (I liked him checking Tuck's gloves when he almost had the pick). Dude is a purebred leader. This doesn't even look like the same defense anymore... if that was Herzlich in there that fucking QB would have had 100+ rush yards.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the defense has been playing so well since he's been in the middle. We don't have to break the bank but we need to lock this guy up.

I agree.

If Reese lets someone else snap him up in free agency - like Martellus Bennett - it would be a huge mistake.

Like you said, Beason still has game speed, takes great angles, and most importantly, has real linebacker instincts.

Reese has a sad track record of being penny-wise and pound foolish....he'll lowball some decent players, and then overspend on duds like Baas.

If anyone deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's Beason.....if Reese needs to pay extra to keep him on the team, by all means, do it. The team has way too many holes on the offensive line to allow middle linebacker to become a draft day need. Beason should nail down that spot for a few years at least.

I agree that Jon Beason has been amazing for us and a four to six year contract is warranted but consider this...

it's a risk, but if they can swing a deal now, they likely get Beason for a more reasonable contract than they will if he hits the open market.

I think a three deal with an opt out after two is fair. He said he wants to be a Giant the rest of his career. JWill has been pretty solid and Rolle said Beason is having an effect on the younger guys. Taking a LB real early isn't has much of a priority.

Oh silly, Sephiroth... Why sign Beason, when our future MLB is sitting on the bench some where else... Maybe in Jacksonville.

Beason has been fantastic since he joined us . I want him in the middle in blue for the next 3 years .......he is exactly what has been missing since AP departed. It is hardly a coincidence that our D had looked good since he arrived whilst it was fucking awful before hand .Sign him Jerry FFS !

I had AP in mind when I went back to Armstead... AP was great but he's remembered for his down years towards the end of his career... maybe unfair on my part but I just love Beason.

I think a three deal with an opt out after two is fair. He said he wants to be a Giant the rest of his career. JWill has been pretty solid and Rolle said Beason is having an effect on the younger guys. Taking a LB real early isn't has much of a priority.

joemorris just choked.

Rolle is playing lights-out. Thomas is playing physical akin to his former self. McBride has made it unlikely (in my opinion) that Corey Webster will get the starting job back. The secondary is the only reason we are getting sacks.

But Beason has been unbelievable and definitely the exception, not the rule, when it comes to midseason trades.

joemorris just choked.

Seriously, though, I think they could offer Beason a solid 4 year deal and then middle linebacker is no longer a red flag position next draft. They can concentrate of rebuilding the interior of the line, and if a solid OLB is available in the mid rounds, add him to the mix for preseason competition.

I agree J-Will has looked better, and Paysinger as well....it's a case of a good veteran helping to elevate everyone else's play. Rivers also had a solid game.

I also think Fewell dialing down the complexity of the scheme has helped everyone. The linebackers are all attacking right now.....and gang tackling too.

I'm cool at this point letting Herzlich back up Beason.....probably a good chance he also improves by backing up a Pro Bowler.

Dan Connor is likely done.....that move letting Blackburn go in favor of Connor was a real dumbass decision, given Connor's health history.

Seriously, though, I think they could offer Beason a solid 4 year deal and then middle linebacker is no longer red flag position next draft.

I agree J-Will has looked better, and Paysinger as well....it's a case of a good veteran helping to elevate everyone else's play.

I'm cool at this point letting Herzlich back up Beason.....probably a good chance he also improves by backing up a Pro Bowler.

Dan Connor is likely done.....that move letting Blackburn go in favor of Connor was a real dumbass decision, giving Connor's health history.

I think it's all dependent on where we pick too.

The guy had microfracture surgery on his knee--can we wait and see if he can make it to the end of the season first?

I'm not trashing the guy--it's great to see a real linebacker again--but it would be a good idea to find out if he has some ability to keep on the field before risking a multi-year deal.