SportsWrath

I've never been less excited for a weekend of football...

Treehugger

I still love the NFL, even when the Giants are in a down year....in fact, I probably follow the rest of the league more since I'm less focused on the Giants. I was watching Red Zone by midway 3rd qtr last week and am ready to do the same this week.

Yep, a lot of jobs are on the line this week. 0-4 is doomsday for Reese at least, maybe not this week but the end of the season for sure.

I think there is just enough veteran pride on this team to stun a team thats feeling really good about itself.

No chance. The Giants are about stability and one or even two bad seasons will not cost Reese his job. He'll get every chance to rebuild.

I still love the NFL, even when the Giants are in a down year....in fact, I probably follow the rest of the league more since I'm less focused on the Giants. I was watching Red Zone by midway 3rd qtr last week and am ready to do the same this week.

I don't. I think it's gotten way too violent and I haven't seen a game yet this season wothout a scary injury and 2 concussions. They are going to allow more players because it's like a battlefield out there. And the Commisioner addresses the concussions but he doesn't address the HGh, which makes a man willing to propel his body. But they all have chaplins on the sidelines!

The only thing I like is the god damn NY Football Giants and when they're going bad, I hate football.

No chance. The Giants are about stability and one or even two bad seasons will not cost Reese his job. He'll get every chance to rebuild.

Agreed. If this turns into a losing season, it will be the first one since Eli was a rookie.

It would signal alot of changes, but I think 2 championships would preserve Reese and Coughlin. The coordinators will be judged on how well they adjust to the reality of this season.

I think the best coaching is done when a team isn't as talented as their opponent. I think the Giants went into the Panthers game feeling that they weren't really an 0-2 team, but the Panther were. i think they got sucker punched as a result. They'll have no illusions going forward.

If anything, this season might bring Reese back down to earth a bit, which might be a good thing. He's a relatively young guy, and maybe a dose of humility will give him a new perspective.

I don't. I think it's gotten way too violent and I haven't seen a game yet this season wothout a scary injury and 2 concussions. They are going to allow more players because it's like a battlefield out there. And the Commisioner addresses the concussions but he doesn't address the HGh, which makes a man willing to propel his body. But they all have chaplins on the sidelines!

The only thing I like is the god damn NY Football Giants and when they're going bad, I hate football.

You don't like college?

Yeah you may be right, still it depends on how bad the losing season is. You think if we are completely non competitive like in the last 2 games for much of the remainder of the season someone ain't getting canned?

Yeah you may be right, still it depends on how bad the losing season is. You think if we are completely non competitive like in the last 2 games for much of the remainder of the season someone ain't getting canned?

Big player turnover, to be sure and as Joe said above, the coordinators could be on shaky ground, depending on how they handle the new reality......so to answer your question, if we are completely non competitive, like last two games, then the coordinators and much of the staff could be shown the door but that's as high as the purge will go.

And just thinking out loud here, IF that happens and Gillly & Fewell are fired, might that prompt Coughlin to see this as an appropriate time to retire, rather than rebuild from the ground up with a whole new coaching staff? While neither is likely to happen, I think TC going is a MUCH greater possibility than Reese. They are committed to Reese for the long haul.

You can't win them all. I don't think there will be a huge turnover, not with Eli still being around. I would think co-coordinators but that would probably be Fewell and not Gilbride. It's too early for a complete gut. If a 2-14 season happens in 3 years then I could see it happening with Eli being part of it. It's not wise to gut with your franchise QB still on the roster.

I also think the Giants win in KC because they always win the surprise we are competitive. After that it could be a downward spiral again. It could be worse; the Vikings or Steelers will be 0-4.

You don't like college?

No , just heard Fran Tarkington on the radio this morning talking about injuries being up 36 % last 5 years. And with non- guaranteed contracts, guys are staying out longer, until they are fully healed. I don't blame them .

I still get excited over the upcoming game. The eternal optimist in me.

I don't want to see them get slaughtered (and they very well might), but footballs take funny bounces and sometimes we discover a new player who has real heart. Don't know who's dressing today, but maybe Cox will have a great day, or maybe Murphy will show us that he's the real deal, or maybe today will be Myer's breakout day and we discover that Eli-to-Myers is as deadly as Romo-to-Witten.

On the other hand (besides four fingers and a thumb), I could be throwing stuff in the living room and my blood pressure could skyrocket.

Baas and Snee are out. Starting oline looks like...LT-Beatty LG-Boothe C-Cordle RG-Brewer RT-Pugh

Honestly, this might be our saving grace....get some young blood in there instead of the stagnant guard and center combo that has been getting Eli killed all season. Still worried about Beatty though. But this was about the only way that Snee and Baas would leave the field because they wouldn't be benched.

Totally missed the game... was locked into playing Crusader Kings II while getting my daughters ready for their skating session over at Aviators (Floyd Bennett Field Brooklyn) the site of the WWII Naval Air Station in the City...right across the Bay from the Rockaways... Then I just turned on the tube at about 5...thinking they were the late game to find out they lost badly... oh well better luck next year gentlemen and ladies... :)