SportsWrath

Burning questions that must be answered today.

Sephiroth

1. What will JPP give us? He's looked like a shadow of his former self through two games, and is getting pushed around and sealed off at the edge. I know he's hurt, and in the great Giants tradition we're playing him anyway over the "depth." This guy has to show that he wasn't a one-year wonder. It's time for JPP to decide... is he Michael Strahan, or Kevin Carter?

2. Is Eli going to look like a Pro Bowler or like a middle of the pack guy? Three picks weren't his fault I'd argue, but that's still four picks in two games. He usually starts slow in the first two games each season, then turns it on in the second half of game 3. The team really needs him to do that today.

3. Will the offensive line, finally together as a group for more than a week, play better? Baas and Snee haven't played very well. On the other hand, the same 5 guys are together for the first time since the season started. Hopefully some continuity will get them playing better. Eli is getting killed back there, and if they don't step up their play, it's going to be a long season.

4. Will the linebackers progress and be competent? Hell, I'll just answer this one myself: no.

I'm not sure we'll answer any of that today... JPP is out of shape.. as he was last year. His rookie year may have been an aberration... reminds me of Shockey.

Eli needs a running game but I resigned to the fact he's an Elite QB who shits the bed about 4 games a year. Bringing BJ back was stupid.

The OL won't get magically fixed. Baas is our center and Snee seems to have lost a step for good.. now if the Giants make a trade or the Browns' center or LG (shuffl the OL as a result) then maybe...

Nope.. our LBs are subpar... looking back we should have landed the guy Chicago landed in the 2nd round instead of Hankin... we're pretty good at DT... suck at LB.

• 2 weeks later...

1. What will JPP give us? He's looked like a shadow of his former self through two games, and is getting pushed around and sealed off at the edge. I know he's hurt, and in the great Giants tradition we're playing him anyway over the "depth." This guy has to show that he wasn't a one-year wonder. It's time for JPP to decide... is he Michael Strahan, or Kevin Carter?

2. Is Eli going to look like a Pro Bowler or like a middle of the pack guy? Three picks weren't his fault I'd argue, but that's still four picks in two games. He usually starts slow in the first two games each season, then turns it on in the second half of game 3. The team really needs him to do that today.

3. Will the offensive line, finally together as a group for more than a week, play better? Baas and Snee haven't played very well. On the other hand, the same 5 guys are together for the first time since the season started. Hopefully some continuity will get them playing better. Eli is getting killed back there, and if they don't step up their play, it's going to be a long season.

4. Will the linebackers progress and be competent? Hell, I'll just answer this one myself: no.

Well, I guess we got our answers:

1. Not much. This IS a guy in a contract year, right?

2. More like Dave Brown than Phil Simms

3. No.

4. Wait... we have linebackers? Though I have to admit Paysinger was actually competent.