SportsWrath

English Premiership Soccer .......starts again

UK-Giantsfan

2 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

not the greatest of starts for QPR JR !

They didn't make any improvements over the summer and lost some players and I am worried. We'll see by Christmas, they need to find someone to score some goals and some injured players to come back. 

Horrible start for LFC! Not sure if I’m all in on Darwin…. At least not a upgrade to Mane!  Trent seem to be always the weak link of the defense.  

seeing Haaland do his thing for man shitty really got me nervous…. Didn’t know he was plug and play and it’ll only get better.   

Just spent 5 days in Denmark, and on Sunday instead of watching United live, I was at FC Copenhagen and Brondby. And looks like I made the right choice.

The Danish Superliga level might be bottom six premier, top 6 championship and we had plenty of goals in a 4-1 win for Copenhagen. The atmosphere was top drawer though and those Danes can drink boy. City is open carry.

And then I went home and watched United carry on from last year..............

6 hours ago, boohyah said:

United just paid 85 million for him to play center forward.

They have lost faith in our current top scorer Owen Goal.

My god. I had to send out an amber alert for my manU friend.  That was just disgusting showing and next week they will face my Liverpool. Gonna be crazy

5 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

That was a disgrace ............the worst Man U performance i have ever seen

Boo is probably on the side of a building right now about to jump ......

Nah Uk. This is going to get worse before it gets better.

We'll see how this boycott works out Monday if the fans actually stay out. The only way up here is for that stadium be half full for a prime time game. But these guys were doing bullshit boycotts last season that meant nothing. Time to drive on now. Ten Hag doesn't want Ronaldo but Joel Glazer insists he stays because revenues will get killed if he's out. Maguire should be stripped of the captaincy, because he's not even leading now let along playing well. Shaw again was hopeless. Fernandes needs to be pulled. Rashford is a passenger. Fred is not a holding midfielder, he played behind the forwards at Shaktar. McTominay went from best player in the Europa final to a guy with no confidence. And DiGea should be dropped next week for Tom Heaton because he was that bad. Malacia and Varane were miles ahead of the guys they replaced. And you can't play a 5 9" center back in this league and honestly, journeymen like Ben Mee just showed you why yesterday. It is the worst day we've had?, no. City and Spurs whalloping us 6-1 at home was worse. Liverpool making mincemeat of us last year. But it's the weak way they responded yesterday that's scary. Ten Hag has a job in front of him.

4 hours ago, jranieli said:

I bet Ronaldo cries at night wishing he'd did actually sign for City.

I don't believe City were serious about him because if they were they would have just outpaid United. I think the rumors were put out, and United bit. Fact is though, if we didn't have him, we may well have been relegated. But you can't bring him into a team that who just came second and then you have to change the teams entire style to fit him and expect us to improve. 

47 minutes ago, boohyah said:

UK, you may get a laugh out of this, but my son bought me a Cameo video from Alex Stepney for my birthday. And it was delivered 4 days after it!.

Good old Alex, decent bloke.

Stepney is an all time great ……that 1968 European Cup Final was the year before I was born but he has been a United hero ever since

7 hours ago, jranieli said:

QPR just brought in than Ethan Laird on loan from MU. Seems like a good player. Seeing United fans are not happy with this. 

With everything else going on at United, in the background is another problem in that we sent a bunch of guys out on loan last year and apart from James Garner it was an abject failure in that they got fuck all out of it.  A bunch of young players basically fell back a year.

Laird was sent on loan to MK Dons 2 years back and he did well. Last year they sent him out to Swansea and he was a regular and then inexplicably United switched him over to Bournemouth. And he play 1-2 games because Bournemouth was in a promotion battle and couldn't take chances. So I think he's a year away, but if they leave him alone and let him get proper playing time, I think he'll be playing Premier League next year. There's talent there, I like him, he just needs experience. And QPR looks like it might be a good fit.

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

Wtf LFC?!?!?  What the hell are you doing Nunez?!? Grow the fuck up bro! This is EPL not no bs Spanish league.  They will bait you here and you just bite.  

gonna be crazy playing manU next week

The guy has to get used of the physicality of the league, but there's something there. It was stupid but I think he'll get used of it and be a good buy.

Overall though, I watched that game and Liverpool had to work hard out there. But Palace have become the hard to beat team in the league, so don't be surprised with today. Palace took points off City last year also.

JR, don't know if you have ESPN +, but I had Blackpool v QPR on in the background at work today. Laird in from the start. Honestly though, they don't have a lot there from what I saw. Never really looked convincing to get back into that game. 

40 minutes ago, boohyah said:

JR, don't know if you have ESPN +, but I had Blackpool v QPR on in the background at work today. Laird in from the start. Honestly though, they don't have a lot there from what I saw. Never really looked convincing to get back into that game. 

It's going to be a long year. 

3 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Big performance from Man Utd and Ten Hag ......a thoroughly deserved win.

Liverpool were poor. ( Virgil having a rough start ) I didn't expect to have 2 points from 3 games at this point .

Watching us against Brentford and then watching this game, it was a full 180. We deserved to win, amazing what effort will do and good for Eth to bring them back in on Sunday and make them do make up running. Leave it on the field. 

That said it will all be for nought if we drop points at Southampton the weekend.

VVD looked all over the place last night uk, and your fullbacks never got far enough up the field. You have too many injuries and in a way it's a good job you have Bournemouth at home this weekend.