SportsWrath

Karlos Dansby

JMFP

Singletary was 230, what LB plays at 260. When Connor did start, he graded out has one of the best run stuffing lb's in the NFL.

The guy plays like he's very well coached... he will be great for us.

Lol are you guys really arguing about weight?

Conner can't stay healthy but he's decent at best when he is. I like him for depth and sub packages not to rely on him as a every down starter. Dansby should be our first choice but I think he lands in western New York instead. Daryl Smith, a Boley return, and even Urlacher should also be considered.. We need a leader that will help bring an identity to our D.

1st choice - Dansby - veteran presence still plays at a high level.

2nd choice - Urlacher - Although not what he once was, a liability in some areas but still a leader and brings an identity/attitude.

3rd choice - Smith - Versatile veteran who could give us some flexibility with our backers.

BIC... not for nothing, but... it's a joke, right?

LT, Carsons, Banks, Reasons, Huff, Van Pelt.

You can throw Peppa in there.

The majority of these guys played what? in the mid 70s to late 80s

Outside of that I really don't see how you can say the Giants had a tradition of great LBs. We had great LBs during the first two SB runs, a couple before that, none after that.

LT, Carsons, Banks, Reasons, Huff, Van Pelt.

You can throw Peppa in there.

The majority of these guys played what? in the mid 70s to late 80s

Outside of that I really don't see how you can say the Giants had a tradition of great LBs. We had great LBs during the first two SB runs, a couple before that, none after that.

Armstead

I don't think this has shit to do with tradition and more to do with we just haven't been able to find someone worth it at the position we were picking... The last few drafts there have been very very few LBs worth a damn. OL and DL are bigger needs for us because by definition those positions are more important. Does anyone here (Joe?) think that if the Giants have a young Unrlacher type of player they can pursue that they wouldn't go for him?

The new tradition is d-line. and in a 4-3 that's where it should be.

Huff played in a 4-3. Same with Kelly, Carson, and Van Pelt. We switched around the time we drafted Taylor.

And a period spanning over 20 years with many very good linebackers and 2 hall of famers could be called a tradition. You add in Huff, and you're going back into the 50's.

I haven't heard a thing about Dansby other than the Bills were working him out, but dropped out after their haul in the draft. I also read somewhere that the Bengals and Vikings were hot on him.

I think it would be a good decision for the Giants to get him in and at least talk. I suspect he wants a ton of money, which is going to make it tough for any team with little cap space to work with.

Yeah, we have 3mil in capspace, I'm pretty sure the rookie contracts are already accounted for, but 3mil with cruz still unsigned.

Dansby would be cool but are we even thinking about cap space when we say we want him and the giants would be stupid not to sign him.

The word on the street is that Dansby wants a multi-year contract...and I don't mean two years. Apparently, a whole lot of teams are interested in signing him on a 1-year deal, but nobody wants to go 4 or 5. Dansby would be nice, but remortgaging the farm to get him means cutting costs elsewhere. Personally, I like the low cost youngsters who want to make a name for themselves rather than signing a 31 year old to a long term contract that eats the cap like a kid eats an Oreo cookie.

yeah i don't blame him.. he know his value and want to take advantage of it. I believe if no team bites, he'll lower his terms and we might have a chance but i highly doubt it. Some team like the Raiders gonna snap him up with a little more than what the market is willing to pay.