SportsWrath

Karlos Dansby

JMFP

The tackle stat is one of the most pointless stats out.

It depends. I want to see my Linebackers accumalting a lot of tackles. It means they are doing there job. Now how well depends on where on the field these tackles are made but atleast they are making them. The position where I don't like to see a lot of tackles is on the DB's. To me that means they are not defending the pass as well as they could and only tackling they guy after they caught the ball that they were supposed to prevent.

Usually, the guys among the league leaders in tackles are decent LBs on bad defenses and/or bad offenses - they're on the field all day! I learned this years back, when I was in a fantasy league that gave points for tackles. Sam Mills and Jesse Tuggle were Tackle Gods!

• 2 weeks later...

It depends. I want to see my Linebackers accumalting a lot of tackles. It means they are doing there job. Now how well depends on where on the field these tackles are made but atleast they are making them. The position where I don't like to see a lot of tackles is on the DB's. To me that means they are not defending the pass as well as they could and only tackling they guy after they caught the ball that they were supposed to prevent.

TFL is the pnly worthy one. Or the need stat for Takles withing Five Yards of Scrimmige(TWFS)

The tackle stat isn't totally useless. As said, a linebacker that gets a whole lot of tackles is usually a very good linebacker. It means you are around the ball a lot, beating others to the ball carrier, and it usually means you also have some pretty good range, block-shedding ability, and are a sure-tackler. If you're talking about a guy who gets you 60-70 tackles a year, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad linebacker, but you also wonder how many tackles he's leaving on the field.

You have to be kidding me........Dansby is a stud, and this signing would be a NO BRAINER........Connor is friggen Midget

Dansby 6''4'

Connor 6''2'

Ray Lewis 6''1'

LT 6''3'

Singletary 6''0'

Jack Ham 6''1'

Although Connor isnt as good as Dansby, I don't think it has anything to do with height.

ok, we'll see how that guy does when plowd by a 330 pound Offensive Lineman..........

He'll do fine... the laws of physics says a 230 LB is much faster than a 330 OL.. chances they'll collide at the line of scrimmage... the play will go for no gain... may even cause a butt fumble lol

He'll do fine... the laws of physics says a 230 LB is much faster than a 330 OL.. chances they'll collide at the line of scrimmage... the play will go for no gain... may even cause a butt fumble lol

He won't do fine and you know it......he was unemployed for a reason.....wasn't even a starter