SportsWrath

Diehl $1mil

Mr. P

Great move. Thanks, David, classy move. And ya know, I thought he did great on that linked video from NFL.com....can totally see him as an ESPN analyst when he retires.

Came across as knowledgeable and not fake smarmy all grins like Me Me Barber. Was diplomatic in his answers without being opaque or dodgy...not an easy thing to do. Also did not sound like a lot of athletes do with us lesser mortals..."yeah I play this game and you don't know shit about it so suck my dick" attitude that many of them have. :P

Came across as knowledgeable and not fake smarmy all grins like Me Me Barber. Was diplomatic in his answers without being opaque or dodgy...not an easy thing to do. Also did not sound like a lot of athletes do with us lesser mortals..."yeah I play this game and you don't know shit about it so suck my dick" attitude that many of them have. :P

Yep, I was definitely impressed with his knowledge, flow, and ability to speak withou "umms" or any pause to think about what he actually wanted to say---and then say it and have it make sense.

Great move. Thanks, David, classy move. And ya know, I thought he did great on that linked video from NFL.com....can totally see him as an ESPN analyst when he retires.

Totally. Great guy, well spoken, with no ego.

Diehl has been underrated by most Giant fans. Yes, his talent has dropped off in the past year or two, but his flexibility to fill holes across our line over the years has been of the utmost value. He's a jack of all trades, master of none kind of guy that often goes unnoticed.

I'm glad to have him around another year, but I'm also glad that he's realistic in his acceptance of the pay cut. He's a guy who would've likely been a backup wherever he ended up, so why not be a backup for the team that drafted you and that way, you can play your whole career for one team. And who knows, perhaps he'll even compete for the starting RT spot? I don't know if I'm overly nostalgic in that regard, but I think there's something very cool about devoting your whole career to one organization as opposed to chasing the almight dollar.

Diehl has been underrated by most Giant fans. Yes, his talent has dropped off in the past year or two, but his flexibility to fill holes across our line over the years has been of the utmost value. He's a jack of all trades, master of none kind of guy that often goes unnoticed.

I'm glad to have him around another year, but I'm also glad that he's realistic in his acceptance of the pay cut. He's a guy who would've likely been a backup wherever he ended up, so why not be a backup for the team that drafted you and that way, you can play your whole career for one team. And who knows, perhaps he'll even compete for the starting RT spot? I don't know if I'm overly nostalgic in that regard, but I think there's something very cool about devoting your whole career to one organization as opposed to chasing the almight dollar.

Agreed. I wonder if Brewer is any good... I think Diehl did exactly the right thing. He knew what his value was and didn't let his ego cloud his judgement.

Yeah I've said all along I want him back, just cheaper.

I've been a big fan of Diehl in the past, but you can't block pass rushers with nostalgia.