SportsWrath

Boothe Back

Mr. P

I thought they would have given him a longer deal than that.

That was my first reaction, as well. Pure speculation but perhaps he wanted to be here, Giants wanted him back, so they agreed to a lower figure this year, hoping the cap situatin will allow for longer term deal next year. Either way, I'm glad they signed him.

Our suspicion has been confirmed: The Giants are trying to give Diehl a pay cut. I think it's either that or he gets cut.

Now, with left tackle Will Beatty re-signed, with right guard Chris Snee and center David Baas under contract, it looks like all the pieces of the 2012 line will be back again. The only question mark is at right tackle, where David Diehl's status is uncertain. Giants co-owner John Mara recently said that "hopefully" Diehl will be back, and sources indicated the Giants were trying to negotiate a paycut for the 10-year veteran, but a deal has not yet been struck.

From the same article:

The Giants may still be pondering their future options, though. While they were finalizing their deal with Boothe, they also brought in Alabama guard Chance Warmack for a visit this weekend. Warmack is considered one of the top guards available in this year's draft and could still be on the board when the Giants make the 19th overall pick.

I don't think there's a chance in hell Warmack is there, with all the talk about the kid.

Thing is G's don't go that high, the teams with oline needs also want OT's more. Fisher, Joeckel and Johnson will all go ahead of him and maybe Fluker.

Thing is G's don't go that high, the teams with oline needs also want OT's more. Fisher, Joeckel and Johnson will all go ahead of him and maybe Fluker.

Well if he's there... is he the next Snee?

Well if he's there... is he the next Snee?

he's better, then Snee was coming out of BC. I think Lupati from San Fran and that's what most would compare him too, also former Chief Will Shields, who should of went to the hof this year. I don't think we take a G till later in the draft, even if he is there.

he's better, then Snee was coming out of BC. I think Lupati from San Fran and that's what most would compare him too, also former Chief Will Shields, who should of went to the hof this year. I don't think we take a G till later in the draft, even if he is there.

Idk brother.. based on your description of the guy and knowing our OL needs repair.. It'd be crazy of the Giants don't take him... and that's assuming he's there.

If Warmack is there and the Cowboys don't take him, I'd be absolutely shocked. Yes, he's a Guard, but if he's half as good as he's been hyped, it could be a stalwart on your offensive interior for 10 years. I think he's a top 10 pick this year and should be selected before any RB, WR, TE, LB, or S (I'd include QB, but some stupid ass team is going to take Geno Smith before him).

If Warmack is there and the Cowboys don't take him, I'd be absolutely shocked. Yes, he's a Guard, but if he's half as good as he's been hyped, it could be a stalwart on your offensive interior for 10 years. I think he's a top 10 pick this year and should be selected before any RB, WR, TE, LB, or S (I'd include QB, but some stupid ass team is going to take Geno Smith before him).

Arizona at 7, is where I currently have him mocked.