SportsWrath

Webster Takes Paycut

Mr. P

Knew something was going to have to happen with that cap figure. I'd not have banked on his just surrendering it for the good of the cause. Then again, after last year, he may not have seen 4 million on the open market...so I guess I'm good with this from both player and team perspective.

if any other teams are looking at the film of Webster in 2012 ...........i doubt that they would part with more than $ 3 M

a fair deal for both sides i would say

I think a lot of it was him getting too comfortable and letting himself go in terms of conditioning. I see Webster making a rebound and if we sign Woodson, then that's great backfield right there with Prince on the other side and that's not even counting T2.

Don't understand why we'd restructure Baas though, just makes it harder to cut him next year or the year after.

Maybe bc the team views Baas rightfully as the long term starter at C, and they aren't planning on cutting him in the foreseeable future bc they actually know what they are doing.

Maybe bc the team views Baas rightfully as the long term starter at C, and they aren't planning on cutting him in the foreseeable future bc they actually know what they are doing.

Nah it's a mistake IMO.

If Reese has a weakness it's cap management. Paying Baas 7-9 million in dead money for 14 and 15 isn't smart.

Dude played with a bad hammy and broken hand all year.

Yeah he didn't look good but nobody's very fast when they're at 70%.

I didn't hear much about the hammy and it bugs me to no end that a pro player would have such an injury. I think he was out of shape... period.

its not dead money if hes on the team, starting.

then he would merely be overpaid.

Yea he won't be cut anytime soon now. That's for sure.

If we left his contract alone he would have been very cut friendly in 14 or 15.

It's ok though.

Yea he won't be cut anytime soon now. That's for sure.

If we left his contract alone he would have been very cut friendly in 14 or 15.

It's ok though.

I agree with you Osi. However what this tells me is the Giants are trying to make moves to win now... and Baas is part of it... we will deal with 2015 in 2015..

I agree with you Osi. However what this tells me is the Giants are trying to make moves to win now... and Baas is part of it... we will deal with 2015 in 2015..

Actually we have just enough to room to sign our rookies and tender Cruz and Brown plus sign maybe 1 or 2 cheap FAs. I could be wrong though.

Actually we have just enough to room to sign our rookies and tender Cruz and Brown plus sign maybe 1 or 2 cheap FAs. I could be wrong though.

Being in finance and a # cruncher, working for the Giants in their fiscal department is a dream right now...

But to my point, we're trying to make moves now since we're only a couple of months removed from winning the SB.