SportsWrath

Alec Ogletree charged with DUI

Mr. P

Former Georgia linebacker Alec Ogletree, a likely first-round pick in the 2013 draft and one of the top prospects at inside linebacker, was arrested recently for DUI.

“Last weekend, my client Alec Ogletree was pulled over for speeding and a lane violation in Arizona,” agent Pat Dye, Jr. tells PFT. “After the officers smelled alcohol, they conducted tests and also cited him for DUI. Although Alec regrets this incident terribly, he is thankful that there was no accident and that no one was hurt. Because this matter is still pending, we cannot comment further publicly at this time.”

It’s not the first red flag on Ogletree’s record. During the 2012 college football season, Ogletree was suspended four games by the Bulldogs after a positive drug test.

That incident didn’t seem to affect his draft stock. The next question is whether the latest one will. Either way, it will give scouts and coaches plenty of fodder for questions at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/

Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor both had character concerns.

And those are the two best LBers to play the game.

There's also the Odell Thurman's of the league too though.

That's true. But I wouldn't hold LT or Ray Lewis up as off-field role models, either.

Ray Lewis and Lawrence Taylor both had character concerns.

And those are the two best LBers to play the game.

There's also the Odell Thurman's of the league too though.

That's true. But I wouldn't hold LT or Ray Lewis up as off-field role models, either.

LT changed the game there little Bro...Ray Lewis though good was nothing special...and I have been watching football since 88'...

Don't care whether we on SW want him or not...a player with a previous drug incident and now an alcohol incident is one that the Giants tend to stay away from in recent years. Not to mention, I don't think there's an ILB that projects to 19 right now. We'll see how things shake out next week after the combine.

I'm looking more at offensive tackle and defensive tackle in rounds 1 and 2.

What a complete fucking moron.

Yes, so not only is he not a good player who can't play between the tackles, and is the least physical linebacker I've ever studied, but he's also the village idiot.

The only hole this guy has ever filled was attached to the Athens' town slut.

This has to be the most bizarre draft in recent memory. So many mediocre to bad players are being touted as good players, when in reality, this is just a weak draft.

People are elevating players because they have one positive attribute, even though they stink out loud on film. In Ogletree's case, it's his speed. He is fast, sideline to sideline fast. The problem is, he's supposed to be a middle linebacker and the only time he hits someone is in open space when he goes unblocked, outside of the tackles, and it's a smaller player, 'cause he doesn't want any part of hitting a big boy. This is pathetic -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-nVqffyWUo

225 reps - over/under at the combine for Ogletree? I'm going to put it at 11. He could be weight room strong, and I could be underestimating him, but I think there's a fair chance he doesn't crack double digits.

Yes, so not only is he not a good player who can't play between the tackles, and is the least physical linebacker I've ever studied, but he's also the village idiot.

The only hole this guy has ever filled was attached to the Athens' town slut.

This has to be the most bizarre draft in recent memory. So many mediocre to bad players are being touted as good players, when in reality, this is just a weak draft.

People are elevating players because they have one positive attribute, even though they stink out loud on film. In Ogletree's case, it's his speed. He is fast, sideline to sideline fast. The problem is, he's supposed to be a middle linebacker and the only time he hits someone is in open space when he goes unblocked, outside of the tackles, and it's a smaller player, 'cause he doesn't want any part of hitting a big boy. This is pathetic -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-nVqffyWUo

225 reps - over/under at the combine for Ogletree? I'm going to put it at 11. He could be weight room strong, and I could be underestimating him, but I think there's a fair chance he doesn't crack double digits.

he does shy away from contact and the tackles he does make are 10-12 yards downfield. This draft is awful, I am not even sure if the Giants can get a starter at 19. The best three prospects in this draft are offensive linemen, Warmack,Joeckel and Fisher. Mayock has said, a couple times, he would hate to be picking in the top ten

he does shy away from contact and the tackles he does make are 10-12 yards downfield. This draft is awful, I am not even sure if the Giants can get a starter at 19. The best three prospects in this draft are offensive linemen, Warmack,Joeckel and Fisher. Mayock has said, a couple times, he would hate to be picking in the top ten

I agree... trade down. I like the late 1st, early 2nd round talent better (I have my eye on DE Alex Okafor). Pick up some additional draft picks. We have plenty of holes to fill, and I'm not sure there's going to be any free agency spending spree to fill them all: Entire defense, OL, TE.