SportsWrath

Two seasons in a row...

Treehugger

I think with the Ravens, it was more psychological. The offense hasn't had a voice for a long time. All of the identity of this team came from the Defense. Even last year, they won a playoff game and Ed Reed said it had nothing to do with Flacco.

So, I feel it was a strategic move to swing the tide of the team. And it seems to have worked.

I think Flacco is a good QB..Im sure a lot of teams would love to have him instead of their current QB.

He is a lot like Eli. Eli is better, but its a fair comparison.

Yeah I agree. His path is very similar to Eli's. Doubt from the media and their fanbase, inconsistent performances, but stellar postseason play beating other "elite" quarterbacks. I'll give Flacco credit he played great. I never thought much of him and I didn't like the complaining about respect and recognition but he's well deserving of it now.

Yeah I agree. His path is very similar to Eli's. Doubt from the media and their fanbase, inconsistent performances, but stellar postseason play beating other "elite" quarterbacks. I'll give Flacco credit he played great. I never thought much of him and I didn't like the complaining about respect and recognition but he's well deserving of it now.

Flacco is definitely a bitchy little whiner. That bitching and moaning about the Super Bowl being outdoors is just fucking being a pussy. Apparently, he'd prefer Domes with no power in them...because, hey, it's warm and eliminates the weather, which is a part of football all season. I can't respect Joe Fucko.

Flacco is definitely a bitchy little whiner. That bitching and moaning about the Super Bowl being outdoors is just fucking being a pussy. Apparently, he'd prefer Domes with no power in them...because, hey, it's warm and eliminates the weather, which is a part of football all season. I can't respect Joe Fucko.

The screwy thing is, he's from Jersey.

I don't know what he's bitching about. I mean, it's not like he's going to play in an outdoor Super Bowl.

The funny thing is, I dont think I've seen a single article or a player support the idea of the outdoor Superbowl.

So far the only thing I've heard about it is most of the owners and the Commish are going to watch and see what happens and more then likely are going to look for an excuse to never have another outdoors SB in a cold weather state.

The only reason NY got one was because it through a billion dollars at a new stadium.

The funny thing is, I dont think I've seen a single article or a player support the idea of the outdoor Superbowl.

So far the only thing I've heard about it is most of the owners and the Commish are going to watch and see what happens and more then likely are going to look for an excuse to never have another outdoors SB in a cold weather state.

The only reason NY got one was because it through a billion dollars at a new stadium.

How soon they forget the greatest game ever played was played in sub-zero temperatures.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8905494/super-bowl-2013-eli-manning-says-outdoor-super-bowl-new-good-nfl

Well Metlife Stadium not having a retractable roof was a stupid idea imho. Not saying I want a comfy stadium... just sayin.

God created football to be played outdoors in the elements. If the Giants changed to a dome team for inclement weather I would become a Buffalo Bills fan...

And this years Superbowl did not match last years as far as number of viewers...

God created football to be played outdoors in the elements. If the Giants changed to a dome team for inclement weather I would become a Buffalo Bills fan...

And this years Superbowl did not match last years as far as number of viewers...

Agreed, I wouldn't switch teams but the only way I'd want a retractable roof is if there was a legal document stating it would never be shut for a football game.

and about viewership:

Sunday's Super Bowl was the most viewed show in U.S. television history, according to Nielsen figures provided by CBS.

A total audience of 164.1 milllion saw the Ravens victory over the San Francisco 49ers. The average audience for Sunday's game was 108.4 million viewers, which was third largest average audience behind the last two Super Bowls.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

Total viewership is generally considered the benchmark figure.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-02-04/entertainment/bal-super-bowl-most-watched-tv-show-ever-20130204_1_total-viewers-audience-nielsen-figures

Wasn't suggesting a dome stadium (I hate domes).. but as an event venue (I worked an event space company) you'd need to be protected from the elements in case of concerts etc...

Wasn't suggesting a dome stadium (I hate domes).. but as an event venue (I worked an event space company) you'd need to be protected from the elements in case of concerts etc...

The best plan was to have the Jets build that West Side Stadium with the retractable dome and hotels and all that bullshit for events. How great would it be to mock Jets fans about their dome!!!

I dunno about that, either. One of the best concerts I've ever been to was Bruce Springsteen at the Meadowlands in torrential downpours. It was awesome! Wouldn't have been nearly as cool if it was in a stuffy dome...