SportsWrath

Parcells heading to the HoF, Strahan is on the waiting list.

BlueInCanada

Sapp and Carter over Strahan is total bullshit. not to mention both those guys had drug issues during their careers and Sapp mailed in the end of his career whereas Strahan went in on top. These voters musty have been passing the crackpipe around.

In what universe is Sapp's career better than Strahan's?

I think it comes down more to what each did for their position.

Strahan is regarded as one of the top 10 DEs in the game, however with guys like Haley sitting on the wings as well I think it's one of those cases of who do you put in? Strahan or Haley? I think they are waiting for a year when both can get in so it isnt a contest of "which is a better DE", I mean Haley has been sitting in on the list for so long and sure he doesn't have the sack record, but he still has 100+ sacks, 5 SB rings and many other awards to his name. So honestly which of the two are you going to choose over the other to put in this year?

Sapp is regarded as the player who IS the three point position DT, he made the position. Granted he would of never played it if he didn't go to Tampa and Dungy didnt line him up there but that fact still remains that Sapp is a one of a time DT in the HoF having played his career at a position that in today's NFL isn't used (much). Not to mention he goes in besides another all time DT, so basically there is no debate about "which of these two DTs deserved to get in over the other"

I think it comes down more to what each did for their position.

Strahan is regarded as one of the top 10 DEs in the game, however with guys like Haley sitting on the wings as well I think it's one of those cases of who do you put in? Strahan or Haley? I think they are waiting for a year when both can get in so it isnt a contest of "which is a better DE", I mean Haley has been sitting in on the list for so long and sure he doesn't have the sack record, but he still has 100+ sacks, 5 SB rings and many other awards to his name. So honestly which of the two are you going to choose over the other to put in this year?

Sapp is regarded as the player who IS the three point position DT, he made the position. Granted he would of never played it if he didn't go to Tampa and Dungy didnt line him up there but that fact still remains that Sapp is a one of a time DT in the HoF having played his career at a position that in today's NFL isn't used (much). Not to mention he goes in besides another all time DT, so basically there is no debate about "which of these two DTs deserved to get in over the other"

They way I'd think about it is, "you can have Sapp or Strahan to start a francise with. Who do you pick?"

I think most would pick Strahan; he was the better player.

They had to put in a WR to ease the backlog at the position. Sapp/Strahan was a toss up. Have to believe that Strahan will make it sooner than later.

The problem I have with that is, that Sapp could have waited, not Strahan.

And if Charles Haley got in before both of them I would have been fine with that, haley was a beast.

The problem I have with that is, that Sapp could have waited, not Strahan.

And if Charles Haley got in before both of them I would have been fine with that, haley was a beast.

Like I said I think it comes down to the fact that they would of rather put Culp/Sapp in then Haley/Strahan.

I think if Haley got in then they would of had to put Strahan in and left both Culp and Sapp out the two DTs in this years induction.

However I think once again Haley got passed over in voting and Culp got in, instead of trying to pick between Strahan and Sapp they instead put both DTs in (Culp and Sapp) to avoid any log jam at that position in future years.

I'm sorry, but we are talking about Chris Carter and Warren Sapp, right? two of the greatest players too ever play.... I feel bad for Strahan, but to say Carter and Sapp don't deserve to be the HoF is ridiculous. Chris Carter is the second greatest WR to ever play the game.

I'm sorry, but we are talking about Chris Carter and Warren Sapp, right? two of the greatest players too ever play.... I feel bad for Strahan, but to say Carter and Sapp don't deserve to be the HoF is ridiculous. Chris Carter is the second greatest WR to ever play the game.

I think Strahan had the better career than Sapp.

I think Strahan had the better career than Sapp.

Strahan had one more season of starting then Sapp.. Strahan started in 94 and Sapp in 95 they both retired the same year.

Big Mike has 229 more tackles, 52 more assists, 45 more sacks, 5 more forced fumbles, credited with a safety and 3TDs to Sapps 1TD and 0 safteys.... both won Defensive player of the year and both were in the same number of probowls... both being first team 4 times.

I do not see how anyone can argue who has better career stats...

You stay classy warren sapp:

NFL bad boy Warren Sapp was on his best behavior leading up to the voting for the Pro Football Hall of Fame in recent weeks. But it didn't take long for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive lineman to sack New York Giants great Michael Strahan once he was selected. On Wednesday, Sapp took a shot at the popular Strahan on WDAE-AM 620 in Florida (via JoeBucsFan.com), saying there was no question who had a better chance of making it to Canton. “Say if I rewind this to Saturday at 12 o’ clock, me and you are sitting and I say, it breaks down whatever and whatever and then you have Michael Strahan and me. C’mon, the menace and the media darling," Sapp said. “C’mon. Madness or Good Morning America. I mean, c’mon.” Sapp did tone it down by saying he "absolutely" had doubt that he'd be a first ballot selection. Both Sapp and Strahan were in their first year of eligibility for the Hall. The former Giants defensive end — now co-host of the morning gab fest "Live with Kelly & Michael," was one of the 10 finalists but couldn't crack the last five which included: Sapp, Larry Allen, Cris Carter, Jonathan Ogden and former Giants coach Bill Parcells — who were all voted in by the committee. Sapp and Strahan were no friends of each other back in their playing days either. In a lively exchange in 2002, Strahan called Sapp a "*******" and joked about his physique by saying it looked like he made too many trips to McDonald's. Sapp responded by calling Strahans's Brett Favre-assisted sack record a "travesty."

:LMAO: