SportsWrath

Training Camp heading back south

Nas

Good news for us locals.. not so good for the upstaters...

* For 16 of the past 17 summers, the Giants held their training camp at the University at Albany, but when they broke camp last summer, there was a strong feeling they would not be back. After all, they built an expansive practice facility, the Timex Performance Center, and in the lockout summer of 2011 stayed home for camp and then won a Super Bowl.

Albany is now resigned to history as far as being the summer home of the New York Giants. The team this week informed the University at Albany Athletic Director Dr. Lee McElroy, and the mayor of Albany, Jerry Jennings, they will train this summer in their New Jersey site.

“The University at Albany and the Capital Region have been great hosts for us during our training camps,” Giants co-owners John Mara and Steve Tisch said in a joint statement. “UAlbany truly has been the summer home of the Giants.

I'm a "local" but this saddens me. I've been going up to Albany with my wife and daughter for years and it was always a great time. I'l always remember watching my daughter troll for autographs, from Shockey and Sehorn to Bradshaw this past year. Somehow, it won't be the same off Route 3.

I'm a "local" but this saddens me. I've been going up to Albany with my wife and daughter for years and it was always a great time. I'l always remember watching my daughter troll for autographs, from Shockey and Sehorn to Bradshaw this past year. Somehow, it won't be the same off Route 3.

I only made it to Albany once.. and only because I was unemployed and was hoping to get a look at kicker... It will be nice to just spend a day or so seeing the team without having to drive for hours.

That sucks!!! I always do a day at Albany camp while upstate on vacation.. Will not be the same in Secausus

Hey look at the bright side, G.

You may finally get to meet me :P