SportsWrath

JR YOU STOOPID IMGRATE SIGN SPAGS NOW!!!!

Sephiroth

Yeah, when your whole defense sucks out loud all year, don't expect your coach to be all sunshine and rainbows. How about a dose of STFU and listen to the guy? He's got a ring that says his way works. Of course, you have to have players, too... Michael Strahan and a young Justin Tuck doesn't hurt, you know.

I'd welcome him back if he's fired.

And yeah, go ahead and tell a super bowl winner that his way doesn't work...from an anonymous player at that. A coward who hides behind anonymity doesn't deserve this amount of attention.

Most people here are telling super bowl winners their way doesn't work, kg and fewell.

I'd welcome him back if he's fired.

And yeah, go ahead and tell a super bowl winner that his way doesn't work...from an anonymous player at that. A coward who hides behind anonymity doesn't deserve this amount of attention.

He didn't run bounties, so they weren't paid to try harder.

Lmao. Pretty sure what this "un-named" player **Cough** Johnathan Vilma**Cough is full of shit. When Spags was here, he was hailed as someone who LISTENED to what the players on the field were saying and adjusting accordingly.

Pretty sure he gave Antonio Pierce carte Blanche to audible into anything he wanted on the field.

Lmao. Pretty sure what this "un-named" player **Cough** Johnathan Vilma**Cough is full of shit. When Spags was here, he was hailed as someone who LISTENED to what the players on the field were saying and adjusting accordingly.

Pretty sure he gave Antonio Pierce carte Blanche to audible into anything he wanted on the field.

Exactly ...that was his rep...Vilma was a bust with the Jests and he can go fuck himself.

This^ less so for Fewell than Gilbride in my opinion. Never liked him ...never will...at most I will tolerate a Gilbride.

Gilbride gets his offense to put up pretty numbers between the 20s and benefits from Eli playing flawless. When Eli struggles, Gilbride has no solutions and cannot find a rhythm. He has to get more creative on 2nd and 3rd down to compete in this league and win games consistently and beat the teams we should be beating, like the Eagles round 1, Cinci, etc. We could have taken down Pittsburgh, too. Things like running a 3rd and 10 draw play....2nd and 10 forced throws to Cruz over the middle of the field or the back shoulder fade to Hakeem Nicks will KILL your rhythm if you can't hit on them because your WR is banged up and your QB is off. So mix in the other skill position players! Draw up plays DESIGNED to go to Martellus Bennett...and use him as the safety outlet in the way that Jason Witten is! He may not be as good as Witten but he's a big target, and 5 yards on 2nd and 10 is better than facing 3rd and 10.

In all reality, this SHOULD be a 12 win team this season, despite its obvious defensive flaws. The D was forcing turnovers!!!! Fewell's side did it's job, for the most part, but let them down in big spots....but the offense did it the entire second half of the season.

Gilbride gets his offense to put up pretty numbers between the 20s and benefits from Eli playing flawless. When Eli struggles, Gilbride has no solutions and cannot find a rhythm. He has to get more creative on 2nd and 3rd down to compete in this league and win games consistently and beat the teams we should be beating, like the Eagles round 1, Cinci, etc. We could have taken down Pittsburgh, too. Things like running a 3rd and 10 draw play....2nd and 10 forced throws to Cruz over the middle of the field or the back shoulder fade to Hakeem Nicks will KILL your rhythm if you can't hit on them because your WR is banged up and your QB is off. So mix in the other skill position players! Draw up plays DESIGNED to go to Martellus Bennett...and use him as the safety outlet in the way that Jason Witten is! He may not be as good as Witten but he's a big target, and 5 yards on 2nd and 10 is better than facing 3rd and 10.

In all reality, this SHOULD be a 12 win team this season, despite its obvious defensive flaws. The D was forcing turnovers!!!! Fewell's side did it's job, for the most part, but let them down in big spots....but the offense did it the entire second half of the season.

If by D you mean Stevie Brown then yea... almost everyone else sucked... and who knew we'd never mention Prince.. the guy is looking pretty good. everyone else either sucked or was on a hospital bed.

Ayup...hell a check down to Mr. Broke Feet would be something to see as well...its what other teams do...nothing there...throw it to the TE or RB...

This^ less so for Fewell than Gilbride in my opinion. Never liked him ...never will...at most I will tolerate a Gilbride.

I will not even tolerate a Gilbride. His own wife and mother shouldnt tolerate the numbnuts. His children shouldnt tolerate. Society shouldnt tolerate him. he had no right to share my oxygen! The bugger should have a restraining order slapped against by all clipboards! The fuck should be run out of town as of yesterday!! Im not able to fathom how he is still on the team after years of the same fuckupation.

If by D you mean Stevie Brown then yea... almost everyone else sucked... and who knew we'd never mention Prince.. the guy is looking pretty good. everyone else either sucked or was on a hospital bed.

The secondary had quite a lot of picks this year....unfortunately, the big plays given up by them stand out way more, definitely. I am interested to see how Amukamara fares next season, like someone said (it might have been you, Nas, not sure), we rarely heard his name and that's awesome news. It might have just been because teams came out to target Corey Webster (I don't know what Baltimore saw on film but they absolutely abused him) and avoided his side of the field for the weaker link, but I also saw him making some nice tackles and helping in run support, too, so I think he is going to be a good player for years to come for us. Imagine what the secondary could have been like with a guy like Chad Jones, had he not been in that tragic accident. But shit, would Stevie Brown even have made the team if that were the case?

Ayup...hell a check down to Mr. Broke Feet would be something to see as well...its what other teams do...nothing there...throw it to the TE or RB...

It really is ridiculous to see them constantly looking to WRs when nothing is there instead of drawing up something that has a running back release and run a pattern. I would be interested to see the targets by position this season just to see if there is, like I suspect, a huge discrepancy compared to other teams. Obviously you want to throw the ball to the players on your team with the best hands, receiving abilities, route running, physicality, and shit, the ones farthest down the field....and yeah that's typically your WRs, but damn, little dump offs to the running back out of the backfield (instead of always keeping them in to block), designed routes to your running back, screens from the shotgun formation, playaction TE Stick/Sit routes, TE over the middle, etc.....these plays and the proper execution of these types plays are what keeps drives going! They are typically high percentage plays that are guaranteed to get you some yardage if your players can simply execute and they don't throw all your eggs in one basket like calling back-shoulder fades or chucking up prayers in the hopes you'll draw a PI which Eli did way too frequently this season. I also find it hard to believe that it is an execution issue....I think it's more that Gilbride is stubborn and gets lost when his cookie-cutter offense isn't converting third downs or scoring points. Pile on early points by opposing teams and all logic (and the gameplan---not that it was any good) flies out the window as we watch as the entire team panics and Eli can't get the ball into the triple coverage he's throwing it into.

Another thing, virtually any time I've seen this team bust off a big run under Gilbride and Coughlin, it has been by using a nifty, well-designed, finesse/pulling blocking scheme and running it off tackle. I don't think there is a better designed off-tackle/counter play than the one the Giants employ. Virtually any time they ran this play against the Eagles, it busted off huge yardage. Why we don't utilize blocking schemes like this more often is beyond me. Instead they like to run it up Chris Snee/David Baas's backside and constantly bash their heads against the wall because they only pick up a yard or two, but this is the NY GIANTS!!!!! No way would they ever change the philosophy of a power-house, smash-mouth ground game!!!!! Thing is, we don't have a guy like Alfred Morris who can gain 4 yards just by dragging guys as he is falling down.

I will not even tolerate a Gilbride. His own wife and mother shouldnt tolerate the numbnuts. His children shouldnt tolerate. Society shouldnt tolerate him. he had no right to share my oxygen! The bugger should have a restraining order slapped against by all clipboards! The fuck should be run out of town as of yesterday!! Im not able to fathom how he is still on the team after years of the same fuckupation.

I just don't get Gilbride sometimes.....he'll blow my mind one Sunday by implementing just about every single thing that I think he should (and the Madden football in me likes to think I know what I'm talking about---I probably don't, who knows) and the team comes out and stomps a mudhole in the opposition. The season finale against the Eagles was a prime example of this. 3rd down woes were gone. Red zone woes were gone. We used playaction and the run game to open up the bigger plays down the field instead of trying to force the big plays all game. Then the next week, he will have the offense so predictable that I can not only predict what he is going to call and when, but also each game seems like a fucking mirror image of the last, horrible defeat. I mean, look at Atlanta followed by Baltimore. Same exact game! Same exact mistakes! It was literally like he was allergic to adjustments and changing up what obviously wasn't working. I honestly think if they hadn't won the SB last year, Gilbride would have been gone this season. Anyway, I think his time here is coming to an end, one way or another....whether he takes a job elsewhere (I'm thinking he will eventually go on to coach a big name college program that's struggled in recent years) or gets fired, I don't know. I do know that there are other guys out there far more deserving of being fired than Gilbride....but this is NY with one of the more prolific offenses in the NFL and he has the keys to the Ferrari but no fucking driver's license.