SportsWrath

So it turns out we're on the outside looking in...

Nas

Vikings and bears have the tie-breaker over us...

6 Minnesota 8 6 0 .571 3-2-0 6-5-0 .485 .402 Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate NY Giants (Dallas wins tie break over NY Giants based on best win percentage in division games). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Chicago (Minnesota wins tie break over Chicago based on best win percentage in division games).

7 Chicago 8 6 0 .571 2-3-0 5-5-0 .546 .424 Wins tie break over Dallas based on head-to-head win percentage. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate NY Giants (Dallas wins tie break over NY Giants based on best win percentage in division games).

6 Minnesota 8 6 0 .571 3-2-0 6-5-0 .485 .402 Wins tie break over Dallas based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate NY Giants (Dallas wins tie break over NY Giants based on best win percentage in division games). Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Chicago (Minnesota wins tie break over Chicago based on best win percentage in division games).

7 Chicago 8 6 0 .571 2-3-0 5-5-0 .546 .424 Wins tie break over Dallas based on head-to-head win percentage. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate NY Giants (Dallas wins tie break over NY Giants based on best win percentage in division games).

Thats as of right now. If Dallas loses to washington and the Giants beat the eagles then they tie in divison games and it comes down to common opponents. i think.....

Thats as of right now. If Dallas loses to washington and the Giants beat the eagles then they tie in divison games and it comes down to common opponents. i think.....

Not sure if common opponents or conference records come next in the tiebreaking sequence. I thought it was conference record.

Not sure if common opponents or conference records come next in the tiebreaking sequence. I thought it was conference record.

I believe it's Conf Record.

Win out and the Giants are in.....we have tiebreakers over our Non-NFC East opponents.

http://www.nypost.co...YFrQcnGUYnKBq4O

Just before sitting down in the middle section of the charter flight back from Atlanta, Tom Coughlin was approached by Jon Berger, the Giants’ senior director of football information. Earlier, Coughlin’s wildly inconsistent team had been pulverized by the Falcons 34-0 and the loss separated the Giants from controlling their destiny as far as winning the NFC East.

Berger informed Coughlin that, despite the loss, the Giants still were in the driver’s seat as far as making the playoffs via the wild card route. Win their final two games — at Baltimore this Sunday, home against the Eagles in the regular-season finale — and the Giants are assured of no worse than an NFC wild-card berth.

actually ....if we win against the Ravens ( and Vikes , Bears , Cowboys and Skins all lose in week 16 ) .....we are guaranteed a playoff spot ( even if we subsequently lost to Philly in week 17 )

( because we would have 9 wins and our Conf record could not be bettered by any of those other teams ) ...and Cowboys and Skins play in week 17

Seattle results would not matter in this scenario.

Win out and the Giants are in.....we have tiebreakers over our Non-NFC East opponents.

http://www.nypost.co...YFrQcnGUYnKBq4O

The way ESPN explained it is that if the Giants are say tied with the cowboys but the cowboys are ahead due to Division record, that trumps conference record and the cowboys would be ahead of the Giants no matter what... so it goes between the Cowboys and whoever the other NFC teams are... it kindda makes sense.

I will need to look at other teams' remaining schedules and assume the Giants go 2-0 the rest of the regular season...

Ok I'm back (took me less than a minute)...

If the Giants win out... 10-6 will be at a minimum a 2nd place finish in the NFC East...meaning either Washington or Dallas would win the division since one of them will have one more loss..

That puts us in 2nd place... so the tie-breaker would have to be us vs whoever is outside of our division... and right now we have the better record within the conference.

9204_comical_ali_jpg.jpeg