SportsWrath

Statement game for the Giants defense.

Sephiroth

I have to come out and say it: I'm not a believer.

Yes, its pathetic that we have the 25th ranked defense overall heading into the final third of the season... again. However, if we look more closely at the units, the outlook gets even worse.

Webster looks slow and put of position, and Rolle looks like he's in need of a pay cut... we can find anyone to whiff on tackles like that. In Webby's defense, he's playing on a bad hamstring and with a broken hand. Hosley doesn't appear to be able to make a contribution this year and so far has been a liability. I like what I see out of Stevie Brown, and I love Prince, but they can't carry this overrated unit themselves yet.

As for the linebackers, when Chase Blackburn is your best player, there's not a whole lot more to say.

And for the love of God, if I have to hear about the "vaunted Giants pass rush" again I'm gonna throw up. JPP has 6.5 sacks and that's all you can be happy about with this group. Osi looks like he's done... and he's got better stats than Tuck. Kiwi would probably be good if he stayed at one position for more than a week, but so far he hasn't. Canty and Joseph are 300-lb pussies that get blown off the ball every important down, though Joseph can at least rush the passer. Everybody else is either young with potential or over the hill.

Not feeling good about the final third of our season with this schedule coming up. I hope these guys prove me wrong. For the life of me, I can't figure out why Reese didn't draft an impact player or bring in a solid FA in the offseason. Hope they can tuen it on like they did last tear but I'm certainly not holding my breath.

Yeah, I agree. I don't know what his contract situation is but if he's here next year I hope he's on the line. He's been pretty ho hum at linebacker.

Yep, and I think he plays much better with a hand in the dirt. I think that SassySarah would do better at DE than Justin Tuck is right now, anyway.

I have no idea why they haven't moved Kiwanuka back to hand in the dirt.

This. I think he and JPP give us the best pass rush.. Tuck isn't himself anymore.. it's been a very long time since the cheap shot from Adams.. I just think he's done... Osi goes without saying. I can't fault Reese for picking Wilson, I think the guy is electric.. it's the fucking coaches who are not putting him on the field. Agreed on Rolle needing to be cut.. not just a pay cut... (doubt he'll accept it)... KP should see the field today.

Overall our D sucks.. and I always say Fox and Spags did a whole lot more with less talent. Fewel is mediocre at best.

But looking at the bright side.. we're not the Jets or the Eagles and a win tonight will brighten our lives... at least for a week.

It's official, I have so little confidence this week in a W that I went with the Pack in the SW Pick 'Em league. It's coming down to the wire and it's all about bragging rights. I can't afford to be a Giants homer and lose this one. And I know a lot of the guys in there will pick the Giants.

This. I think he and JPP give us the best pass rush.. Tuck isn't himself anymore.. it's been a very long time since the cheap shot from Adams.. I just think he's done... Osi goes without saying. I can't fault Reese for picking Wilson, I think the guy is electric.. it's the fucking coaches who are not putting him on the field. Agreed on Rolle needing to be cut.. not just a pay cut... (doubt he'll accept it)... KP should see the field today.

Overall our D sucks.. and I always say Fox and Spags did a whole lot more with less talent. Fewel is mediocre at best.

But looking at the bright side.. we're not the Jets or the Eagles and a win tonight will brighten our lives... at least for a week.

I completely agree, it's like you're in my head Nas. I think our defense is getting old and long in the tooth. Especially on that line.

What is with the Rolle hate?

he's had a much better year than any of his previous with the Giants....it's just for what he gets paid, I think everyone was expecting a little bit more....he was the highest paid safety in 2010 when we signed him, I believe, and he makes like 8 million a year on average....

he's had a much better year than any of his previous with the Giants....it's just for what he gets paid, I think everyone was expecting a little bit more....he was the highest paid safety in 2010 when we signed him, I believe, and he makes like 8 million a year on average....

He has his bad moments, but overall has been solid, he leads the team in tackles which is a testament to how much our lb's suck. People seem to hate on him way too much, we have worst players on D that people love, I.e Webster and Boley. Also, Stevie brown has not been has good has people think, he gives up more big plays then he makes, fucking guys been comparing him to Emlen fucking Tunnell

He has his bad moments, but overall has been solid, he leads the team in tackles which is a testament to how much our lb's suck. People seem to hate on him way too much, we have worst players on D that people love, I.e Webster and Boley. Also, Stevie brown has not been has good has people think, he gives up more big plays then he makes, fucking guys been comparing him to Emlen fucking "Tunnel"

Without the extra L he just looks like a transportation mode.

What I've noticed about Rolle is that he doesn't come up on the sweep as he used to. Might be a change in scheme.

He has his bad moments, but overall has been solid, he leads the team in tackles which is a testament to how much our lb's suck. People seem to hate on him way too much, we have worst players on D that people love, I.e Webster and Boley. Also, Stevie brown has not been has good has people think, he gives up more big plays then he makes, fucking guys been comparing him to Emlen fucking Tunnel

Webster has been getting criticism recently. I think the guy is playing too dinged up to be very effective....plus, he is another one that's getting kind of long in the tooth for this league....

Webster has been getting criticism recently. I think the guy is playing too dinged up to be very effective....plus, he is another one that's getting pkind of long in the tooth for this league....

I wasn't that in love with Webster last year, he has been playing through injuries. Webster also isn't comfortable with zone and it's all zone with Fewell.

It's official, I have so little confidence this week in a W that I went with the Pack in the SW Pick 'Em league. It's coming down to the wire and it's all about bragging rights. I can't afford to be a Giants homer and lose this one. And I know a lot of the guys in there will pick the Giants.

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET YOU TRAITOR BITCH!!!