SportsWrath

Dead Wood

Lughead

Given the salary demands, I can't see Umenyiora coming back.

Hixon can't stay healthy for a season it seems, plus we're deep at the position. I'd bring him back at vet minimum at the most...if not, let him walk.

Diehl, I would keep, but he'd certainly only be a backup. I don't think he'd be bad if brought in as a 6th lineman. Depth on the O Line is a concern going into the offseason for certain and adding to that concern I don't know is a good idea.

Blackburn should go. Yeah, he's a superbowl hero...that got him a starting role. Now it's time to head back home...but keep yourself in shape Chase...cause you never know.

I agree with all except Blackburn. How many times has he been thrown on the trash heap? Killing him under the premise that he's never going to have a better year than this year? The guy is making around the league minimum in base salary 800+ grand. This maybe the most stupid single piece of journalism that I have seen in years. And whose going to sign him to a big deal. Just flat out stupid.

I think you have to seriously consider cutting guys like Chris Snee and Kenny Phillips. The salary cap is going to be no joke next year and if we ever want to pay our performing players you have to get rid of the ones who don't. That's Snee for the last two years and Kenny Phillips ever since he injured his knee 24 times.

I think you have to seriously consider cutting guys like Chris Snee and Kenny Phillips. The salary cap is going to be no joke next year and if we ever want to pay our performing players you have to get rid of the ones who don't. That's Snee for the last two years and Kenny Phillips ever since he injured his knee 24 times.

Phillips will be a free agent after this season.

Phillips will be a free agent after this season.

Oh yeah. I don't see him as a priority resigning. Sucks because I thought he was our answer at safety for his entire career. I highly doubt he's back in blue next season.

Agreed. Sad but true.

There's no reason to cut Blackburn though.

I agree with all except Blackburn. How many times has he been thrown on the trash heap? Killing him under the premise that he's never going to have a better year than this year? The guy is making around the league minimum in base salary 800+ grand. This maybe the most stupid single piece of journalism that I have seen in years. And whose going to sign him to a big deal. Just flat out stupid.

Blackburn is earning his salary just based on special teams alone.....plus he'd be the perfect backup linebacker if Reese ever comes around to the idea of making linebacker a priority.

As long as Reese is depending on the bargain bin to fill his linebacking spot, Blackburn remains the best starting option.

First and foremost, we have to consider Eli's salary cap hit jumps from roughly 9 million to 20 million. That's an 11 million increase.

Canty will likely need to restructure. Webster may need to restructure. Rolle would need to, but he'd need to be extended in order for it to make much sense given his deal.

Osi is as good as gone. KP is as good as gone. These two alone will allow for Eli's increased hit. Getting Stevie Brown and Andre Brown both back would be nice. Cutting Bradshaw wouldn't hurt my feelings either. I've grown tired of his injured/non-practicing self.

Oh yeah, and let's not forget our starting LT is a free agent too, who has played pretty well this season and could demand a nice chunk of the cap in his own regard.

Blackburn is earning his salary just based on special teams alone.....plus he'd be the perfect backup linebacker if Reese ever comes around to the idea of making linebacker a priority.

As long as Reese is depending on the bargain bin to fill his linebacking spot, Blackburn remains the best starting option.

Bargain bin or not the guys is having his best season. He made huge key plays during the playoffs and superbowl last year. For me a Giants fan he's become a kind of legend in the sense of what he’s accomplished with the talent level he's had and the adversity he's faced.

In context of the article and FA the guy is making the league minimum. He's been on the FA market a handful of times no one has ever taking a shot at him besides the NYG. To beat the guy down on the premise of some statistical scale is not only shortsighted it's flat and moronic IMO. Shoddy journalism at its best and clear biased against a guy who has made it though in NFL standards the toughest spots.

Bleacher Reports should never be confused with "journalism". Aren't they basically blog posts from the forum members?

Yep, they are terrible, lol. Most of them read like Jack Stroud authored them.

Osi has to go. We will draft DE in the first round again as usual. Whoever is available at 32.

Blackburn is a pure success story. He has been very valuable for us. He might not have the skill set or abilities some of the greats do, but he makes up for that with heart and fight. He belongs on the field and on our team.

KP - good player but cant stay healthy. Dont know what to do with him. We might have to draft safety first round, or throw money in FA - we got Rolle, we need his compliment now.

Whatever happened to the Cruz contract talks?? It suddenly just died down didnt it? I think Coughlin told him to put a lid on it and just play and he will get his money.