SportsWrath

The ONLY Saving Grace Is...

BronxRik

for the first time in many years ....i am actually looking forward to the bye ........it will be the only opportunity to for this team to get its head out of its arse ( and for Eli to get his shit together ).......plus we look tired and lacklustre.....and we need to get very healthy during Dec if we are serious about playing in Jan

I wasn't able to watch the game as I had to fly to Nashville on a moment's notice but I caught a little bit of the 3rd Qtr after landing in Nashville's airport... I had no idea why Randle couldn't catch that fade Eli threw him... that's about the only play I could think of in the 10 minutes or so I was able to watch. Overall fro what I read the Giants O was dreadful... although I saw Brown get some carries and quite successfully...

If anyone can summarize the game for me I'd appreciate it... as in.. wtf went wrong?

I wasn't able to watch the game as I had to fly to Nashville on a moment's notice but I caught a little bit of the 3rd Qtr after landing in Nashville's airport... I had no idea why Randle couldn't catch that fade Eli threw him... that's about the only play I could think of in the 10 minutes or so I was able to watch. Overall fro what I read the Giants O was dreadful... although I saw Brown get some carries and quite successfully...

If anyone can summarize the game for me I'd appreciate it... as in.. wtf went wrong?

Your definition of success must be different than mine.

Brown - 7 Carries for 20 yards.

Also Eli is back to his pitch and pray which isn't helping matters much. That throw to Randle is a perfect example.

If we're talking about the same throw to Randle - the one down the right sideline - it looked to me like Eli threw a back shoulder fade and it was there.....but Randle kept going up field. Frustrating but correctable.

Your definition of success must be different than mine.

Brown - 7 Carries for 20 yards.

Also Eli is back to his pitch and pray which isn't helping matters much. That throw to Randle is a perfect example.

I guess I saw one play for which he ran for maybe 7 yards... I thought the throw was pretty good.. Randle didn't adjust to it as he should and didn't try to catch it with both hands.

In short Nas

Eli was awful ....looked just like that young kid we had at QB in 06

Gilbride's play calling was abysmal and unimaginative .....made me want to kick my dog

Our O line were manhandled by The Steelers ( DD had a poor game )

Our running game was poor ......Brown looked ok until he got hurt

Our WRs couldnt get any seperation and were relying upon dodgy PI calls all night long

Our DTs couldnt get any inside push ( DE's played ok ish .... ) .....but we had no idea of how to stop the run....Herlich had a poor game at MLb too IMO

Rolle and Steve Brown played well most of the night.......

Our CBs were average at best.

Worst of all ...our coverage of kick returns and punt returns was diabolical .........they looked like they were going for 6 on every occasion.

Overall tackling was very poor .......we havent missed that many tackles for a long time ( our best tackler of the night was Weatherford ffs )

TC ran out of ideas and looked like a beaten man half way through the 3rd Q

The refs were on our side all night long .....and we still lost

Glad you missed it ....shame i didnt !

Regards

UK

In short Nas

Gilbride's play calling was abysmal and unimaginative .....made me want to kick my dog

Our WRs couldnt get any seperation and were relying upon dodgy PI calls all night long

Our DTs couldnt get any inside push ( DE's played ok ish .... ) .....but we had no idea of how to stop the run....Herlich had a poor game at MLb too IMO

Worst of all ...our coverage of kick returns and punt returns was diabolical .........they looked like they were going for 6 on every occasion.

Overall tackling was very poor .......we havent missed that many tackles for a long time ( our best tackler of the night was Weatherford ffs )

Regards

UK

After a long night in New Orleans..... you just made Vick Smile.

In short Nas

Regards

UK

If the O line is getting manhandled, running game going nowhere and receivers not getting any separation, there's only so much a QB or OC can do!

2/10 on 3rd down. Could have ran the clock out with a lead in the 4th but went 3 'n' out from their own endzone TWICE IN A ROW giving the ball back to the Steelers in great position.

If the O line is getting manhandled, running game going nowhere and receivers not getting any separation, there's only so much a QB or OC can do!

true ..........but Eli's timing has been 'way off ' for a while now ......and he appears to have lost his confidence ( ever since the half of the SF game .........and the O line was fine then )

2/10 on 3rd down. Could have ran the clock out with a lead in the 4th but went 3 'n' out from their own endzone TWICE IN A ROW giving the ball back to the Steelers in great position.

The game in a nutshell right there. Crush the trick play and then give it right back. Back breaking especially when the D had to be getting gassed. Pit had 10 minutes more on time of possession.