SportsWrath

David Wilson HoF 20??

BlueInCanada

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000082186/article/new-york-giants-rookie-david-wilson-eyes-hall-of-fame

New York Giants rookie David Wilson eyes Hall of Fame

• 0ap1000000061090.jpg

•  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png
  • By Kareem Copeland
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: Oct. 19, 2012 at 09:07 a.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 19, 2012 at 09:24 a.m.

Order the yellow jacket. Call the guy who makes the busts. David Wilson is on his way.

Yes, the New York Giants rookie running back has big plans. Hall of Fame plans.

"I think at the end of my career, I'll be in the Hall of Fame," Wilson told Newsday's Bob Glauber. "I know myself, and I know (when) I have guys around me that feel the same way, which I feel I do. When I get my opportunity, the sky is not the limit. I think it's past it. You have to believe in yourself to do good things. This is how I feel."

Harrison: Week 7 predictions

Elliot-Harrison_110827_65.jpg Ravens or Texans in a battle of 5-1 teams? Can the Jets hang with the rival Patriots? Elliot Harrison forecasts Week 7. More ...

Self-confidence, apparently, is no issue for Wilson. Even if his most famous moment as a professional has been an alleged crying incident after losing a fumble and being benched in the season-opener.

Wilson only has 15 attempts for 87 yards in six games. Offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride, reportedly, rolled his eyes when asked about Wilson's proclamation.

"I'm not even gonna answer that one," Gilbride said.

There's no question about Wilson's athletic ability. He has home-run speed and had an impressive preseason. Fumbling and consistency issues, however, have followed from college.

The saying goes: If you don't believe in yourself, who will?

"I'm like birth control. You have to believe in me," Wilson said. "Like birth control, 99.9 percent of the time I'm going to come through for you.

"I never know when that opportunity is coming, and that's why you have to stay prepared. But when I do get that opportunity, I'm going to get lost in the moment and keep it going. Once I get my chance to go out there and play football and do what I do, I'm not going to want to let go of that."

In my opinion, I don't think the Giants have ever had a running back quite like David Wilson. He's a legit threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball...not even Tiki in his prime (2004-2006) was like that, by that point he had lost a ton of his top line speed.

And yes, I'm fully aware he scored a 95 yard touchdown against Oakland in 2005.

Tiki was a smart runner that waits for his play to develop. He never really had awesome speed. Avg NFL speed yes. Wilson is quick he has talent but if he can learn a little bit of tiki to wait for the play to open up he going to be a star!!

But again this is too early to run your mouth.

oh, yeah he did, he was running 4.3s in college, before he bulked up some.

The vision on that guy though... that was special. Loved watching him wait for the play to open in front of him, it was really a thing of beauty.

In my opinion, I don't think the Giants have ever had a running back quite like David Wilson. He's a legit threat to take it to the house every time he touches the ball...not even Tiki in his prime (2004-2006) was like that, by that point he had lost a ton of his top line speed.

And yes, I'm fully aware he scored a 95 yard touchdown against Oakland in 2005.

The 95 yard td was all Plax and Toomer. Tiki cut once and then jogged down the sideline with 17 and 81 providing a wall of protection. I'll definitely give him field awareness tho. Had that been a younger or less intelligent rb he would've outrun his blockers and gotten caught.

The guy didnt complain or said anything to his teammates or trashed opposition - he only said he believes in himself and his abilities and expects others to do so too. Im glad he believes so strongly in himself. He is hilarious and I find nothing wrong at all in what he said. Even if some player from another team had said it itd be ok. He is only talking about himself and what he wants to be and what feels he is capable of doing. The kid looks good!