SportsWrath

Brown will likely play behind Ahmad Bradshaw

JMFP

Andre Brown may have revived the Giants’ rushing attack over the last two weeks, but Ahmad Bradshaw is now ready to take his job back.

Bradshaw was cleared by doctors on Monday to return to practice this week, according to a source familiar with his situation. Bradshaw missed the Giants’ win in Carolina on Thursday with a sprained neck that he suffered early in the Giants’ win over the Buccaneers on Sept. 16.

Since then, Brown has more than adequately filled in for Bradshaw, rushing for 184 yards on 33 carries and an impressive 5.6 yards per carry with three touchdowns. Bradshaw is averaging 4.3 yards per carry (22 carries, 94 yards), though that average was boosted by a 33-yard, garbage-time run on opening night.

Bradshaw is expected to reclaim his starting job if he’s healthy, though it’s hard to imagine Brown being relegated to the bench. Tom Coughlin has yet to address the situation, but he did say, “There’s a place for everybody.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-andre-brown-play-behind-ahmad-bradshaw-returns-injury-week-article-1.1167519#ixzz27Ro8aVLM

I was going to post this in the other thread but I was going to say "I wonder how everyone is going to react when Bradshaw is named starter when he comes back"

My first reaction is disappointment. Let's pull the 100% healthy, productive back and replace him with the beat up, unproductive back.

It's the right thing to do, but it will be short lived if he doesn't perform. Remember, that's how Bradshaw got his job.

Agreed. Coughlin is giving his vet the opportunity to keep his job but Brown has already earned carries and will get more if the ground game sputters. Hopefully we get a best case scenario and have two backs running hard and effectively.

I suspect Bradshaw will have to run his ass off with the first few carries he's given because if he starts out with a 1 yd gain, a 2 1/2 yd gain, another 1 yd gain.....he's going to get rested and Brown will get a shot.

Competition at this level can be nothing but good. I have to believe Bradshaw has a fire under his ass that will make him go back to how he used to run, just to keep his job. I like it!

I suspect Bradshaw will have to run his ass off with the first few carries he's given because if he starts out with a 1 yd gain, a 2 1/2 yd gain, another 1 yd gain.....he's going to get rested and Brown will get a shot.

Competition at this level can be nothing but good. I have to believe Bradshaw has a fire under his ass that will make him go back to how he used to run, just to keep his job. I like it!

Yeah, this is definitely going to light a fire.

I like Bradshaw alot, but Andre Brown has impressed the hell out of me. If Brown continues to rumble, and Bradshaw's production doesn't pick up, we can point the finger at the offensive line anymore.

I hope Bradshaw does well.....the Giants running game has done very well with 2 effective backs.

David Wilson is starting to find out just how hard it is to get out of the Coughlin Doghouse.

It's way too early to think he's going to rot on the bench because of early struggles. He's being brought along slowly as he should. But the way RB's get hurt in this league, he's definitely going to get playing time as the season progresses. I'm sure that it is really impressed upon him the importance of ball security though....and that's not a bad thing.

postponing the inevitable. saw a stat that said giants have had two 100 yard games in the last 17 games including playoffs and neither of them were from bradshaw.

he was our primary runner when we were dead last in rushing last season.

he will give the job up either by getting outperformed or injured again.

i kind of disagree on the nicks/barden analogy because nicks is a top 5 wr. bradshaw isn't even a top 15 rb

postponing the inevitable. saw a stat that said giants have had two 100 yard games in the last 17 games including playoffs and neither of them were from bradshaw.

he was our primary runner when we were dead last in rushing last season.

he will give the job up either by getting outperformed or injured again.

i kind of disagree on the nicks/barden analogy because nicks is a top 5 wr. bradshaw isn't even a top 15 rb

Everything here is very well said and true.

I think he will be lucky if he gets two touches a game at this point. Good thing he has been active in special teams.

It's way too early to think he's going to rot on the bench because of early struggles. He's being brought along slowly as he should. But the way RB's get hurt in this league, he's definitely going to get playing time as the season progresses. I'm sure that it is really impressed upon him the importance of ball security though....and that's not a bad thing.