SportsWrath

Could Someone Please Give Me A Rundown?

Mr. P

I've been gone for 10 days and would really appreciate if someone would fill me in real quick on how camp has gone.

I started to read reports but reading that many reports all in a row is a bit much.

I know Thomas is hurt and Sash is suspended but that's it.

nothing major has happened pdub - other than the two things you mentioned. Nicks looks like he'll be back soon. A couple of the rookies look real good Douglas, Hosely. A couple of UDFA's are looking very good i.e., Safety Will "the thrill" Hill, WR David Douglas. UDFA Martinek thinks he's going to take the Fullback position away from Hynoski. Can't think of anything else that stands out.

Hosely is ok, stitches to his knee from a cut.

Will Hill is standing out.

Shaun Rogers is stepping up

Canty is doubtful for week 1

Hakeem is running and cutting

David Douglas is standing out at WR

Adrien Robinson is struggling so far but it's ok

I met Tuxk and JPP at training camp

Other then that it's been quiet!!

Here's the best update on the net:

Camp Report: Who Has Impressed?

August 5, 2012 10:50 PM

by Art Staleton

ALBANY, N.Y. — Had a conversation about Chase Blackburn over the weekend and how sometimes in training camp the worst thing a player can be is steady. You know, that’s Blackburn, at least before his thigh bruise kept him on the sideline Saturday.

Blackburn has picked up right where he left off last season, manning the middle linebacker spot with solid play after being annointed the starter in that spot by defensive coordinator Perry Fewell.

So why do I bring this up: because Mark Herzlich – the player chasing Blackburn for his job – has been really impressive in camp. Has he been more impressive than Blackburn? That’s really hard to say because of what we have seen so far. Like I said, Blackburn’s steadiness does not stand out as much as Herzlich’s coming into his own, basically due to the context of their individual stories.

Look, Blackburn intercepted Tom Brady in the Super Bowl and Herzlich was inactive. But if Blackburn stays the same and Herzlich improves, does that mean Herzlich is going to beat him out? Maybe. That’s why this positional battle is so intriguing and it will remain one to watch through the preseason. Besides Herzlich, out of the players who really need to impress, who else has gotten off to a fast start in camp as the Giants took Sunday off before heading back to practice Monday afternoon at UAlbany? Glad you asked.

RECEIVERS
: Top to bottom the receivers have all had their moments. Jernigan has done the most with his opportunities, proving he can play inside and out. Domenik Hixon has been steady – here’s that word again – and Ramses Barden has done nothing to hurt his chances, although he could really use these upcoming preseason games to show his consistency has improved. David Douglas has wowed with his ability to hold onto passes and Dan DePalma stepped up with his best practice so far on Saturday. Rueben Randle has had his moments, but for the most part has been working with the 2nd and 3rd teams. Julian Talley and Brandon Collins have not been bad, but they’ve been overshadowed.

LINEBACKERS:
The aforementioned Herzlich continues to make plays. Spencer Paysinger has been a surprise, considering he has been right in the 1st team mix at OLB since Michael Boley went out with a sore hamstring. While Fewell warned us to not guess the depth chart based on what we see in practice, making plays against the 1st team tends to help in the assessment process. Greg Jones has picked up his play in the last two practices.

SECONDARY:
Prince Amukamara has been everything the Giants expected last season: quick, aggressive, instinctive and not afraid to be out on an island against the 1st team. He still has to show he can do it in games, and that will come, but the Giants have to like what they have seen. Justin Tryon is really scrappy and I could see both he and Michael Coe playing important roles on this team. I’m sure Antrel Rolle would love for Tryon and/or rookie Jayron Hosley to show they can win the nickel corner spot so Rolle can play exclusively at free safety.

Perhaps the best news out of all this is the bit on Amukamara. Would love to see him live up to his hype and become a shutdown corner for the Giants for the next 8 years or so.

Barden still blows.

Oh ye of little faith.

I hope you eat your words and he becomes a monster of a WR that has fly paper for hands. I'm sure you would love nothing better than to be wrong about this guy as well. I do believe this is his last chance to prove he's the man he was drafted to be.

Oh ye of little faith.

I hope you eat your words and he becomes a monster of a WR that has fly paper for hands. I'm sure you would love nothing better than to be wrong about this guy as well. I do believe this is his last chance to prove he's the man he was drafted to be.

His contract has to be close to being up....he'll get picked up by the 49ers next year after a 50 reception, 6 touchdown season.....

His contract has to be close to being up....he'll get picked up by the 49ers next year after a 50 reception, 6 touchdown season.....

Serious!! Barden This glass leg bird feet asshole been taking up the roster for a few years now. We loose guys to make room for this ass hat. I rather want him to fail now that he will be cheap to get back and have him go ape shit on a cheap 3 year future contract. Imagine if we loose Cruz to make room for this ass before last year?!

I'm just a angry fan. LOL