SportsWrath

Peyton Manning

Lughead

32 million roster bonus was due and I think the Colts seriously had to consider this option no matter what Peyton's health was like. The way that team performed last year they need every single penny of cap space they can muster to totally rebuild. They should shop Wayne around too.

Wayne is a FA isn't he? I don't think the money was the only issue here, not by a long shot. I read an article today that raised the question, 'What if the Colts were picking #3 overall?' or 'What if Manning was signed already for a long term deal?' Either case may have led to different decisions being made by the Colts' higher-ups.

The sad reality of the sport. The top, greatest QB in my books. I hope he wins another ring just to rub it on everyone else's face. He deserves that in his legacy. It'll be weird to see him in Different color. The pressure will be on Luck now. RG3 must be rolling on the floor on how lucky he has it. No matter how bad he plays, Luck's performce will blanket RG's bad games.

Last I heard Synder was looking to trade away all of his 1st rounders for eternity to the Rams to get RG3.....

C. Wagon

I can see why... Peyton should end up with a team ready to win now... like the Jets... Although the skins ain't that far but chances are teams want RG3 over Peyton because of age.

Yes, I think Shanahan is going to want to go young and get the franchise QB in RGIII. I've said all along I expect to see Peyton take his talents to South Beach. It will be great for football for Brady and Peyton to be in the same division, and it will be great for the Dolphin franchise who needs this to challenge in the division and for the legitimacy they have lacked since Marino hung up his cleats.

I see the chances of Peyton becoming a Redskin about 1%... that if the market completely dries up for him and the Redskins are the only ones offering. Other than that, no way. Peyton will not want to be in the same division as his brother, and Jim Rome was talking today about how the NFC East is home to DeMarcus Ware, Justin Tuck, JPP, and Jason Babin. Just a slew of awesome pass rushers in this division. But even more than that, you look at the history of how Daniel Snyder has run that organization and I don't see how Peyton is going to want to be a part of that. Why would he go play for an owner who shows bad judgement in coaching hires AND a short leash on those coaches? Too much volatility when you look at that organization's history.

The Dolphins are ready for a new QB. They have a new coach in Philbin (who some may think may make Miami the logical choice for Matt Flynn to land), and they have a big time WR, a pretty good running game, and a superb LT. The Dolphins are a QB away from competing for the division championship, and actually making a run at the AFC title game.

I have heard rumors that Stephen Ross is infatuated with the idea of bringing Peyton to Miami, and what the owner wants trumps what the head coach wants, and that's why I think Peyton is going to be a Dolphin, and not Matt Flynn. I could also see him going to Kansas City, as well. But really those are the only 2 realistic places I think Peyton will land. Not Seattle, not San Francisco, not Washington.

I can see why... Peyton should end up with a team ready to win now... like the Jets... Although the skins ain't that far but chances are teams want RG3 over Peyton because of age.

Another place Peyton won't go unless MAYBE that's the only place left to go. That organization is a circus, the coach is a loud mouth, and it's an instant QB controversy with Sanchez... all of that is just not Peyton's style. I just don't see how he would want to be there. I'm not sure how he'd react to being in the same market as Eli. Could go either way on that one.

Another place Peyton won't go unless MAYBE that's the only place left to go. That organization is a circus, the coach is a loud mouth, and it's an instant QB controversy with Sanchez... all of that is just not Peyton's style. I just don't see how he would want to be there. I'm not sure how he'd react to being in the same market as Eli. Could go either way on that one.

I don't see shared market being a factor nor is Sanchez going to be a controversy... Sanchez will either be a back up or get cut. The reason I don't see him going to Miami is the weather.. playing football in that heat can be suffocating. I remember we played football and it was like 60 degrees... too damn hot for football and that's without pads... I know if I was a pro playing in hot climate would be the last place I go... hot.. relatively speaking that is.

Gotta agree with Jim here...for the most part...in that Miami, KC, and AZ are the top 3 in the mix. I really wouldn't eliminate SF so easily though. Granted, coach said Smith was the guy, but Smith is a free agent if I'm not mistaken and certainly, P.Manning is an upgrade. Throw a talented WR on that team in the likeness of Mike Wallace or even Mario Manningham to play with the pieces they already have....added to a talented offensive line? Don't know...but if the cap allows, SF makes sense to me.

Manning heading to the Jets or the NFC East...I believe are last resorts if for no other reason, not to overshadow Eli, which would happen, despite Eli just coming off his second SB victory.

I could see him going to the Redskins because they are most certainly going to offer him the most money. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think Peyton is that kind of player/person. But I honestly think the Redskins are the most talented team that he could go to, they are very inconsistent, but IMO, they are getting ready to make a push..... and going with Shannahan has to be running through Manning's mind, regardless if it's the NFC East or not.

I don't see shared market being a factor nor is Sanchez going to be a controversy... Sanchez will either be a back up or get cut. The reason I don't see him going to Miami is the weather.. playing football in that heat can be suffocating. I remember we played football and it was like 60 degrees... too damn hot for football and that's without pads... I know if I was a pro playing in hot climate would be the last place I go... hot.. relatively speaking that is.

If Sanchez is there it's a "controversy" for lack of a better term. In any other football market in the NFL, it would not be. But in NY, it will be a daily topic, and if Peyton has a bad game, it will snowball fast. NY is just nuts with the media, and Peyton in NY would just be too much... craziness for lack of a better way of saying it... the Jets just aren't Peyton's style.

Gotta agree with Jim here...for the most part...in that Miami, KC, and AZ are the top 3 in the mix. I really wouldn't eliminate SF so easily though. Granted, coach said Smith was the guy, but Smith is a free agent if I'm not mistaken and certainly, P.Manning is an upgrade. Throw a talented WR on that team in the likeness of Mike Wallace or even Mario Manningham to play with the pieces they already have....added to a talented offensive line? Don't know...but if the cap allows, SF makes sense to me.

Manning heading to the Jets or the NFC East...I believe are last resorts if for no other reason, not to overshadow Eli, which would happen, despite Eli just coming off his second SB victory.

He doesn't really need great receivers. He made Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison better. Like Eli, he'd rather have guys that run their routes and catch the ball than "me-me" superstars.

Yes, I think Shanahan is going to want to go young and get the franchise QB in RGIII. I've said all along I expect to see Peyton take his talents to South Beach. It will be great for football for Brady and Peyton to be in the same division, and it will be great for the Dolphin franchise who needs this to challenge in the division and for the legitimacy they have lacked since Marino hung up his cleats.

I see the chances of Peyton becoming a Redskin about 1%... that if the market completely dries up for him and the Redskins are the only ones offering. Other than that, no way. Peyton will not want to be in the same division as his brother, and Jim Rome was talking today about how the NFC East is home to DeMarcus Ware, Justin Tuck, JPP, and Jason Babin. Just a slew of awesome pass rushers in this division. But even more than that, you look at the history of how Daniel Snyder has run that organization and I don't see how Peyton is going to want to be a part of that. Why would he go play for an owner who shows bad judgement in coaching hires AND a short leash on those coaches? Too much volatility when you look at that organization's history.

The Dolphins are ready for a new QB. They have a new coach in Philbin (who some may think may make Miami the logical choice for Matt Flynn to land), and they have a big time WR, a pretty good running game, and a superb LT. The Dolphins are a QB away from competing for the division championship, and actually making a run at the AFC title game.

I have heard rumors that Stephen Ross is infatuated with the idea of bringing Peyton to Miami, and what the owner wants trumps what the head coach wants, and that's why I think Peyton is going to be a Dolphin, and not Matt Flynn. I could also see him going to Kansas City, as well. But really those are the only 2 realistic places I think Peyton will land. Not Seattle, not San Francisco, not Washington.

I got an email read on jim rome monday.

The only teams that Peyton may potentially play for IMO

Miami

Arizona

Minnesota

San Francisco

Don't think he wants anything todo with Washington, and they will probly get Rg3

I agree Mike Holmgren is not parting with picks, No way are they giving up 4,22 and 37 which is the Rams asking price. I am not sure if RG3 is a fit either, he played in a similar college system has Colt McCoy. Washington needs RG3 more.

If Sanchez is there it's a "controversy" for lack of a better term. In any other football market in the NFL, it would not be. But in NY, it will be a daily topic, and if Peyton has a bad game, it will snowball fast. NY is just nuts with the media, and Peyton in NY would just be too much... craziness for lack of a better way of saying it... the Jets just aren't Peyton's style.

I don't think they keep Sanchez around if they land Manning.. Sanchez sucks. It's a crap shoot and if SF lands him, then it's a wrap... the Giants need their D to be come as ferocious as the 9ers... we bent but didn't break... not my style.