SportsWrath

You are Jerry Reese

Sephiroth

I'm hoping that both realize now what a team first mentality will get you. This is why when I see T2 tweeting about contract negotiations being a business gets me a bit concerned.

Yea I know.. it's amazing that when you say somehing like T2 is doing it shows you're buckling...

Anyone here would resign Steve Smith again?

Man, that's a great question.

On one hand, he DID spurn the Giants, then went to play for the fucking EAGLES where he proved the Giants' staff right by putting together a total shit year and basically doing nothing. Of all the places to go, that was a world-class douche move. Plus, the Giants clearly showed they don't need him, and that it may have been Eli making Smith better instead of vice-versa.

On the other hand, the dude had over 100 catches for us just a few years back, and if he's fully recovered could be a very good #3 option... plus he knows the Eagles' playbook inside and out.

I'd say bring him in for a look, but only sign if he's fully healed and if his head is in the right spot.

Man, that's a great question.

On one hand, he DID spurn the Giants, then went to play for the fucking EAGLES where he proved the Giants' staff right by putting together a total shit year and basically doing nothing. Of all the places to go, that was a world-class douche move. Plus, the Giants clearly showed they don't need him, and that it may have been Eli making Smith better instead of vice-versa.

On the other hand, the dude had over 100 catches for us just a few years back, and if he's fully recovered could be a very good #3 option... plus he knows the Eagles' playbook inside and out.

I'd say bring him in for a look, but only sign if he's fully healed and if his head is in the right spot.

Replace Manningham? Possibility. But I'm good with moving on, too. If you have a choice of Manningham or Smith, who do you take? I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a competition between Thomas, Jernigan, and Barden for the #3 receiver spot next year.

With Osi being under contract for another year, I think he may return. Otherwise, we'd have to release him. That, or we'd have to be willing to find a team to trade for him when he has a year left on his deal. Other teams may simply wait that extra year until he becomes a FA to just sign him. So that'll limit our trade partners. Given the Giants played a bit of hard ball in the whole contract standoff, I don't know that they'd be in a big hurry to release him.

Jacobs may not produce as much on the field, but he's certainly a motivational guy that I think feeds some other players on the team. I don't know that a guy gets paid for that, but I do feel there's some value there. Add to that the fact that he's been willing to restructure his deal to keep other guys here and he's proven to be a team-first guy. Not sure of his cap hit or anything like that, but I'd not be upset if he were back next year. That said, I think we do find another RB to bring in. Ware needs to go. Scott can stay/go...don't care either way.

Agree with the Go No Ware....yeah Scott is a whatever for me as well. Bring back BJ only if the price is reasonable...though they may reward him for being a solid citizen.

Health and Manningham would dictate that. I don't know that SS would be offered anything from the Giants....they tried to lock him up long term once and he chose to try FA...spurning the Giants like that doesn't exactly get you an invitation back.

Exactly...and then painting them as the bad guys when you really did not give them a chance to match. It worked out as Cruz far outproduced him in the YAC that Cruz produced. Smith was a catch and drop down possession receiver; whereas Cruz was a potent threat to break it.

Exactly...and then painting them as the bad guys when you really did not give them a chance to match. It worked out as Cruz far outproduced him in the YAC that Cruz produced. Smith was a catch and drop down possession receiver; whereas Cruz was a potent threat to break it.

It's a good point as to the type of receiver Cruz is versus the type that Smith was. But given our TE situation, y'know...like not having any healthy, having a possession receiver in the middle of the field might not be a bad idea.

It's a good point as to the type of receiver Cruz is versus the type that Smith was. But given our TE situation, y'know...like not having any healthy, having a possession receiver in the middle of the field might not be a bad idea.

i would much prefer a 3rd down, pass receiving RB who could block a little. I think that is what Eli misses most.

My take - if Osi gets by draft day, he'll be here, with more incentives added to the final year of his contract. If he can help them get a draft day deal done, I think they'd pull the trigger and probably move Kiwi back into the DE rotation.

Jacobs is gone. I think they'd like to find a solid #1 RB, making Bradshaw that 2nd back they origianlly envisioned him as. This would prolong his career, as those brittle wheels won't stand up to full time pounding much longer. Ware is fine for the 3rd back but I bet he has some camp competition, too.

How much can Goff and TT be looking for after a season on the IR? I can't see either of them getting bowled over with a big offer, nor can I see them wanting to leave. I see both back. Doesn't mean they wouldn't face competition in camp. An MLB is high on my list of draft priorities and Prince, with a full off season & preseason, will be like getting an extra #1 in camp.

I'd try to sign Ross, too. He got better as he went and you can never have too much quality DB depth, with those 4 WR sets. And again, he should be affordable. If not, if some team wants to give him quality starting CB $$, bye - bye. But I don't see it.

OL has most questions. They all center down to one, though: is Beatty the answer at LT? If not, can he play RT? If so, can Deihl play RT? If answer to both is "no", does Brewer get into the conversation? Because McKenzie is gone, from all accounts. Booth and Petrick aren't going anywhere - Giants don't easily discard players they invest time & $$ developing and these two are developing very nicely. Baas, they have too much $$ into. He's got to play, so hope the off season and full camp, along with good health, lead to improved production. So it comes down to the Tackles. Don't be stunned if we draft one high.

Manningham will probably move on - that catch was worth millions! Good for him but I'm skeptical he'll have great success elsewhere. Learning new systems insn't exactly his strong point and he's not going to find a better QB to get the ball to him. I hoping, probably futilely, that he'll realize there's no place like home. But they won't break the bank for him or any other receiver. For one thing, they believe that Eli can make it work with one or more of the guys on the current roster.

TE will be a FA priority. I don't think they'll want to count on drafting someone who could get it done right off the bat.

I want to go Oline 1st in the draft. With McKenzie most likely gone, I would like to get thet Cordy Glenn guy from Georgia. He can play more than one position on the line, and we need to get youger up there. As for RB, we probably are good with Bradshaw, Ware and Scott. But getting a steal late in the draft is possible. And who knows what kinda free agent we can get for cheap. Same for TE, hopefully we can get one via free agency. I dont know too many TEs comin out in the draft. But as for draft, I say we go this order:

OL

LB

SAFETY

RB

Then BPA from that point.

My take - if Osi gets by draft day, he'll be here, with more incentives added to the final year of his contract. If he can help them get a draft day deal done, I think they'd pull the trigger and probably move Kiwi back into the DE rotation.

Jacobs is gone. I think they'd like to find a solid #1 RB, making Bradshaw that 2nd back they origianlly envisioned him as. This would prolong his career, as those brittle wheels won't stand up to full time pounding much longer. Ware is fine for the 3rd back but I bet he has some camp competition, too.

How much can Goff and TT be looking for after a season on the IR? I can't see either of them getting bowled over with a big offer, nor can I see them wanting to leave. I see both back. Doesn't mean they wouldn't face competition in camp. An MLB is high on my list of draft priorities and Prince, with a full off season & preseason, will be like getting an extra #1 in camp.

I'd try to sign Ross, too. He got better as he went and you can never have too much quality DB depth, with those 4 WR sets. And again, he should be affordable. If not, if some team wants to give him quality starting CB $$, bye - bye. But I don't see it.

OL has most questions. They all center down to one, though: is Beatty the answer at LT? If not, can he play RT? If so, can Deihl play RT? If answer to both is "no", does Brewer get into the conversation? Because McKenzie is gone, from all accounts. Booth and Petrick aren't going anywhere - Giants don't easily discard players they invest time & $$ developing and these two are developing very nicely. Baas, they have too much $$ into. He's got to play, so hope the off season and full camp, along with good health, lead to improved production. So it comes down to the Tackles. Don't be stunned if we draft one high.

Manningham will probably move on - that catch was worth millions! Good for him but I'm skeptical he'll have great success elsewhere. Learning new systems insn't exactly his strong point and he's not going to find a better QB to get the ball to him. I hoping, probably futilely, that he'll realize there's no place like home. But they won't break the bank for him or any other receiver. For one thing, they believe that Eli can make it work with one or more of the guys on the current roster.

TE will be a FA priority. I don't think they'll want to count on drafting someone who could get it done right off the bat.

Manningham is also not a sharp route runner....that pass before the CATCH was out of bounds because he did not maintain his positon running down the numbers. I'm quite sure the Giants will bring this to his attention and offer him a significant uptick to his base salary plus incentives....but if he is looking for top money...then it is BUH BYE...

I want to go Oline 1st in the draft. With McKenzie most likely gone, I would like to get thet Cordy Glenn guy from Georgia. He can play more than one position on the line, and we need to get youger up there. As for RB, we probably are good with Bradshaw, Ware and Scott. But getting a steal late in the draft is possible. And who knows what kinda free agent we can get for cheap. Same for TE, hopefully we can get one via free agency. I dont know too many TEs comin out in the draft. But as for draft, I say we go this order:

OL

LB

SAFETY

RB

Then BPA from that point.

The problem is Giants always draft BPA. I hope they concentrate on O this draft as I think the D is in good shape.

I don't know, but after this win....you might start seeing a bunch of players wanting to come to the Giants. Coughlin has proven himself to be a great motivational and inspirational coach, and Eli has proven himself to everyone in the world that he is a winner, a leader, and a true champion in every sense of the word. People naturally gravitate towards leaders like Eli and TC. The cat is out of the bag and I truly think this core of coaches and players are in the early stages of a dynasty.

This, right here.

Coughlin's reputation has done a complete 180. Now, he's being looked at like a John Wooden type of coach - discliplined, but caring and motivational.

Obviously, this is a team that cares about eachother, and cares about their coach. And, the two biggest guys on team - Tuck and Manning - are big time Coughlin supporters.

You've got to think there are some really talented free agents that might be getting into the sunset of their careers, but can still play, and want a shot at a ring.

I might be stretching here....but this Giants team is starting to resemble the 1970s Steelers - a clutch QB, a rock-solid coach, and a nasty defense.