SportsWrath

Henry Hynoski

Sephiroth

You know, I've been watching Hynoski and I have to say... I'm not sure if the guy whiffs ENOUGH.

Next time he's out there I think Gilbride should give him a red matador cape so that as the defensive player runs by him, it adds a little flair to his game.

Where they actual "Swing Passes" though? Isn't a Swing Pass a Wheel Route? He was just running out routes to the flat. Can someone clarify?

Basically the same thing....to my way of thinking...to me...a "swing pass" is when the back is the primary target..coming out of the back field into the flat running a wheel route...a designed play wherein you are looking to get the ball to a back on the move down field..which this kid was on his for his two catches (btw..he is much faster then I thought and I will disagree with some of the guys here...I think the kid played very well)....and "just running out in the flat" is more a "Safety Value" or the last check down option.

Either way...we haven't had an FB since Comella who was a legitimate "sleeper" threat like Henry H. is...Finn was too small..and had iffy hands...and Hedgecock....not the most nibble dude on the grid.

He made a good contribution last night.

C. Wagon

Basically the same thing....to my way of thinking...to me...a "swing pass" is when the back is the primary target..coming out of the back field into the flat running a wheel route...a designed play wherein you are looking to get the ball to a back on the move down field..which this kid was on his for his two catches (btw..he is much faster then I thought and I will disagree with some of the guys here...I think the kid played very well)....and "just running out in the flat" is more a "Safety Value" or the last check down option.

Either way...we haven't had an FB since Comella who was a legitimate "sleeper" threat like Henry H. is...Finn was too small..and had iffy hands...and Hedgecock....not the most nibble dude on the grid.

He made a good contribution last night.

C. Wagon

Wouldn't the difference be that on a Wheel Route (Swing Pass) the back is facing upfield when he gets the ball, while on the out-route the catch is made with him facing the backfield?