SportsWrath

Interesting playoff scenarios

JMFP

While they don't have stills to use in reviewing plays (don't see how that isn't an option) we have photographic evidence that Ballard 's knee was down in the endzone. Also imo Jennings never had control of the ball. If that is a TD then the Calvin Johnson vs Chicago incompletion is 1000% a TD. I won't completely put the loss on the refs because the D had to step up at the end and it failed miserably, but there's no excuse for how horribly that game was called.

I think the still shows a TD for Ballard too, but at the time none of the replays showed enough to overturn the call. I think the refs did the right thing in that regard.

I think Jennings did have control, and was holding the ball firmly in one hand before it was swatted. It's totally different to the Johnson example where he did not maintain control all the way through making contact with the ground, establishing possession.

I think the still shows a TD for Ballard too, but at the time none of the replays showed enough to overturn the call. I think the refs did the right thing in that regard.

I think Jennings did have control, and was holding the ball firmly in one hand before it was swatted. It's totally different to the Johnson example where he did not maintain control all the way through making contact with the ground, establishing possession.

Thank you, Ed Hoculi.

I disagree. Jennings did not display complete control until he was out the back of the end zone.

I disagree. Jennings did not display complete control until he was out the back of the end zone.

The reason Ballard was O.B., and Jenning got the TD, was a matter of who was catching the ball.

Switch the players.....Jennings knee would have been in, and Ballard would have been considered not in control.

Michael Jordan rules are in effect for Rodgers & Co.

Anyone looking to knock off the Packers needs to deal with their QB, and the refs.....pretty tall order.

But Tree whether its swatted or not makes no difference the receiver has maintain control regardless of what the defender does....the Jennings TD should have been overturned. Ballard....whose namesake if off of mine by an a instead of a u... :smartass: ...his TD should have been a TD originally and would not have been overturned. Conversely since it was ruled an incompletion there was not enough replay imagery to overturn it.

The reason Ballard was O.B., and Jenning got the TD, was a matter of who was catching the ball.

Switch the players.....Jennings knee would have been in, and Ballard would have been considered not in control.

Michael Jordan rules are in effect for Rodgers & Co.

Anyone looking to knock off the Packers needs to deal with their QB, and the refs.....pretty tall order.

Exactly...just about every time MJ took off from the top of the key to dunk ...that motherfucker traveled. Plain and simple. Anytime a player looked at him...and that corn husking cocksucker Bird was an automatic call. Both were touted as great defenders ...but if analyze their play it was almost never a great play when they were mano o mano against a single player...it was when they double teamed another player and they helped out. JESUS Holy CHRIST....Bird and MJ had so many reach ins that were not called..."OH WHAT A GREAT STEAL BY BIRD/MJ..." :jerkoff: so many reach ins not called that they should have gotten rid of that rule. But of course any other player does the same some paid of cocksucker is blowing a whistle.

The NFL will not allow the Rogers Express to be derailed prior to the playoffs. Cocksuckers like Hochuli would have whistled Eli in the grasp as opposed to that Black Referee with integrity ....forget his name. But there you have it...you usually remember a ref if he is biased...not when he lets the players play.

But Tree whether its swatted or not makes no difference the receiver has maintain control regardless of what the defender does....the Jennings TD should have been overturned. Ballard....whose namesake if off of mine by an a instead of a u... :smartass: ...his TD should have been a TD originally and would not have been overturned. Conversely since it was ruled an incompletion there was not enough replay imagery to overturn it.

Not in that situation. As soon as he's got possession (happened 1st) and two feet down in-bounds (2nd) the play is dead. If it wasn't in the endzone it would have been a fumble. If he makes the catch in the air he has to establish himself in the field of play with possession but if he catches it on the run he just needs to "make a football move" ie take two steps.

Not in that situation. As soon as he's got possession (happened 1st) and two feet down in-bounds (2nd) the play is dead. If it wasn't in the endzone it would have been a fumble. If he makes the catch in the air he has to establish himself in the field of play with possession but if he catches it on the run he just needs to "make a football move" ie take two steps.

If that is a football like move....I must be watching hockey man...but it was a TD cause it was called one. :P

Cocksuckers like Hochuli would have whistled Eli in the grasp as opposed to that Black Referee with integrity ....forget his name. But there you have it...you usually remember a ref if he is biased...not when he lets the players play.

That one referee in the Super Bowl will forever be my all-time favorite....best non-call in NFL history.

The NFL will not allow the Rogers Express to be derailed prior to the playoffs. Cocksuckers like Hochuli would have whistled Eli in the grasp as opposed to that Black Referee with integrity ....forget his name. But there you have it...you usually remember a ref if he is biased...not when he lets the players play.

Mike Carey, I believe. Or else his twin brother, the Ladies' Man....

UPDATED:

There are 16 scenarios now in which the Giants win 5, Cowboys win 10, and Eagles win 1. Listed below are remaining scenarios.

Eagles

G: L-W (8-8)

C: L-L (8-8)

E: W-W (8-8) overall and head to head, plus division record

**So, the Eagles must win out and have the Giants beat the Cowboys in week 17. If either the Giants win OR the Cowboys win in week 16, Eagles are eliminated.

Giants

G: W-W (9-7) overall plus head to head with C

C: W-L (9-7)

E: L-W (7-9)

G: W-W (9-7) overall plus head to head with C

C: W-L (9-7)

E: L-L (6-10)

G: W-W (9-7) overall

E: W-W (8-8)

G: W-W (9-7) overall

E: W-L (7-9)

G: L-W (8-8) overall plus head to head with C

E: W-L (7-9)

**So, Giants must either win out OR have the Cowboys lose to the Eagles in week 16 AND the Giants in week 17.

Cowboys

G: WL (8-8)

C: WW (10-6) overall

E: LW (7-9)

C: WW (10-6) overall

E: LL (6-10)

C: LW (9-7) overall

E: WW (8-8)

C: LW (9-7) overall