SportsWrath

Is it Da'Rel Scott time yet?

JMFP

The Redskins are taking the cautious approach with their rookie runner Roy Helu. Shanahan said something to the effect that they didn't want to give him too much so soon. The Giants are in a division race though. 31st in rushing offense. I really don't see any reason to hold the reigns on Scott any longer.

The Redskins are taking the cautious approach with their rookie runner Roy Helu. Shanahan said something to the effect that they didn't want to give him too much so soon. The Giants are in a division race though. 31st in rushing offense. I really don't see any reason to hold the reigns on Scott any longer.

Agreed.

Now you're talking my language! :laugh:

I've been saying it for weeks....I'm assuming, and I do not know this for sure, but I'm assuming the reason Scott hasn't been in is because he either A. doesn't know the playbook which I find kind of difficult to accept, even if he is a rookie or B. they don't think he can block for shit. If he can't block for shit,try running him on 1st and 2nd down, don't pigeon hole him into a role of 3rd down back like you did to Tiki Barber for years. Hell, send him out for a pass a la Sproles...our offense can definitely be sooo predictable at times.

100% agree with this one. Our offense is the most predictable Ive seen among all the games Ive seen. Nothing that will take catch the defense off guard, nothing that will baffle the opposing D, nothing that will make us all go WTF in a good way. Nothing. Same old horseshit with no creativity and lots of retardation. We need an OC with brains. We leave it all to flawless execution and the defense making a mistake and when that doesnt happen we suck balls. I for one would like to see a bit more creativity on defense.

100% agree with this one. Our offense is the most predictable Ive seen among all the games Ive seen. Nothing that will take catch the defense off guard, nothing that will baffle the opposing D, nothing that will make us all go WTF in a good way. Nothing. Same old horseshit with no creativity and lots of retardation. We need an OC with brains. We leave it all to flawless execution and the defense making a mistake and when that doesnt happen we suck balls. I for one would like to see a bit more creativity on defense.

Yes...someone posted a thread about the coaches tape where it shows how little we fans know about the game. I agree with that 100%. But when I can predict with almost exact certainty a sequence of offensive plays as the Giants line up and do their pre snap reads...I say to myself if I can figure it out...what about the opposing DC; position coaches and the individual players themselves. And don't just limit it to the offense...how about a fake FG, punt or KO every now and then. :facepalm:

Preach on.....that's the problem...not so much the plays themselves, but the fact that everyone in the fucking stadium knew what was coming against the Eagles.

I get that Killdrive is worried about Da'Rel Scott's ability to pass block. But I've seen rookie running backs succeed.

I understand it's not always so simple, but if the play is designed to get the ball to Da'Rel Scott, we don't have to fucking worry about his pass blocking skills.

Preach on.....that's the problem...not so much the plays themselves, but the fact that everyone in the fucking stadium knew what was coming against the Eagles.

I get that Killdrive is worried about Da'Rel Scott's ability to pass block. But I've seen rookie running backs succeed.

I understand it's not always so simple, but if the play is designed to get the ball to Da'Rel Scott, we don't have to fucking worry about his pass blocking skills.

Amen...design plays around his strengths...a swing pass...sideline to sideline running....not plays designed for Twinkle Toes, Bradshaw or Me Me Barber circa 2003-2006. :facepalm:

Amen...design plays around his strengths...a swing pass...sideline to sideline running....not plays designed for Twinkle Toes, Bradshaw or Me Me Barber circa 2003-2006. :facepalm:

It would also be refreshing if the linemen weren't constantly pulling.....leaving gaps wide open for defenders to slash through.

That shit worked great when Seubert and O'Hara were in their prime. But ever since we replaced those two cornerstones with Full Metal Jacket, seems like the IQ of this line has dropped about 250 points.

Maybe some hat-on-hat blocking schemes would get the running game out of the gutter.

I liked the Hynoski start...for the life of me, I have been baffled as to why our best blocker, from the fullback position, anyway, has been inactive for half the season. You activate him and boom, you already beat last week's rushing total by triple....and in a game where we couldn't rush a lot because we were down by 30 points as soon as we stepped on the field.

I liked the Hynoski start...for the life of me, I have been baffled as to why our best blocker, from the fullback position, anyway, has been inactive for half the season. You activate him and boom, you already beat last week's rushing total by triple....and in a game where we couldn't rush a lot because we were down by 30 points as soon as we stepped on the field.

I dunno man... those first two or three games of the season, Hynoski whiffed pretty bad on a LOT of blocks.

It would also be refreshing if the linemen weren't constantly pulling.....leaving gaps wide open for defenders to slash through.

That shit worked great when Seubert and O'Hara were in their prime. But ever since we replaced those two cornerstones with Full Metal Jacket, seems like the IQ of this line has dropped about 250 points.

Maybe some hat-on-hat blocking schemes would get the running game out of the gutter.

Agreed....we have a finesse line without finesse...hat on hat...even without ultra beefy linemen might work better. What do they have to lose?

Did anyone else notice that Jacobs ran best behind drive blocking?

All this stutter-step, find a hole, wait for the guard to pull, string along to the outside stuff needs to be retired.

Jacobs is best as straight ahead runner behind drive blockers. That's all, at this point.

I dunno man... those first two or three games of the season, Hynoski whiffed pretty bad on a LOT of blocks.

I dunno, there's not much of a difference between Jacobs running into the back of Snee and Jacobs running into the back of Hynoski, but at least with Hynoski, he can even fall into at least ONE of the guys that are in the backfield when the ball is snapped....and he made a hell of a grab out of the backfield last night, too....