SportsWrath

Amukamura to play on Sunday

Tempest

Yeah, it would be nice for Rolle to go back to safety full time. Personally, I think his play overall has been underwhelming but a lot of that is probably because he is playing out of position on a lot of downs.

Everybody says that because they want to see him ballhawking and returning INT's for TDs and that hasn't happened. When you look at what Rolle has done, though, he's been as integral a member of this defense as anyone. He's a tackling machine and has done yeoman's work having to play the slot receiver as the nickel corner a lot this year. Rolle is balling this year, RunIt... he AND Phillips. Do you guys see a lot of deep ball connections on this team? I haven't.

I agree that we haven't seen the deep ball that has killed the Giants in the last few years. He and Phillips both tackle well too. I'm not killing the guy but yeah, I would like to see some more big plays from the two. They gave Rolle a lot of money and Phillips was a first round pick. I don't think they're playing bad. Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

I agree that we haven't seen the deep ball that has killed the Giants in the last few years. He and Phillips both tackle well too. I'm not killing the guy but yeah, I would like to see some more big plays from the two. They gave Rolle a lot of money and Phillips was a first round pick. I don't think they're playing bad. Perhaps I'm expecting too much.

Believe me I want to see it, too. Maybe this weekend if Rolle gets to play a lot of safety we finally will! It's difficult to really evaluate secondary play because the focus of the cameras is usually on the LOS and QB for most of the play. That's why I think a lot of people don't appreciate what is happening in the defensive backfield as much unless there is an interception. It's hard to cover this skill position players, you know? We see sacks a good deal so we heap the praise on the front four, but a lot of times a guy coming up from the safety and making a sound tackle prior to the ball carrier getting the first down can be just as important in a ball game. BTW, thanks for reading my review and giving me feedback.

Everybody says that because they want to see him ballhawking and returning INT's for TDs and that hasn't happened. When you look at what Rolle has done, though, he's been as integral a member of this defense as anyone. He's a tackling machine and has done yeoman's work having to play the slot receiver as the nickel corner a lot this year. Rolle is balling this year, RunIt... he AND Phillips. Do you guys see a lot of deep ball connections on this team? I haven't.

Isn't this though because Fewell's D is usually far off the line? It seems there is no deep ball but there is plenty of small ball. Death by a thousand paper cuts.

Isn't this though because Fewell's D is usually far off the line? It seems there is no deep ball but there is plenty of small ball. Death by a thousand paper cuts.

There is truth to this statement. I really hate Fewell's defense. He is really not maximizing the talent this team has. I hope it's because he's waiting to unleash it on a team so they are unprepared for it in the playoffs.