SportsWrath

Eli Manning most accurate passer in NFL under pressure

gmenhq

Three weeks ago many of us were ready to run this guy out on a rail.

Now he's our hero.

It's unbelievable. Every time we count this guy out, he does shit like this. And every time I lose faith in the guy, he does things like... win the Super Bowl.

Very true.. and in week one he desreved to be run out of town and since the 2nd qtr against the Rams he's been playing like he's expected to play.. at a high level. Reminds of Plax.. we criticized the shit out of him for not playing like he's supposed to.. we knew what he was capable of but he was half assing it.

I stated before I saw Eli mad.. he was cursing and all I think it was in the 2nd qtr against the rams.. and all I could think about is.. it's about fucking time dude.

so in your opinion, 2 1/2 games of good play in a row wipes away 7 years of inconsistency? the dog truly does find you entertaining.

The Prince :flex: find you way too critical of Eli... his 7 year resume speaks for itself.. not great but not as bad as you believe it is.

Easily the most entertaining post every on this board. I am laughing so hard that I cannot even muster the energy to address it. I''ll let it play out and see where it goes. :D

I'm also guessing that Archie and Peyton came up with this so-called report because I imagine they have a lot of time on their hands. Or maybe it was the superfan...

I wish I could say I laughed seeing Romo getting peeled off the turf.. with his shoulder pads sagging like he has no upper body... I felt bad for the guy.. with a smirk :smartass:

so in your opinion, 2 1/2 games of good play in a row wipes away 7 years of inconsistency? the dog truly does find you entertaining.

That's such BS. HERE

I'm not going to count 2011, because it's still a work in progress. But the last two years, 4,000+ yds. With a one year exception (2007--which weirdly enough, was his worst regular season), steady improvement on completion percentage. 20+ TD passes every full season he's played.

So maybe he's inconsistent on completion percentage, since it's improving. The other is interceptions: until last year, he typically fell between 15-20 ints a year; making last year an outlier.

I don't see any reason to believe his final stats this year will vary much this season from those of previous seasons--with the exception of ints from last year. I expect he'll get around 4,000 yards, 20+ tds, and lower ints than last year, certainly. I'm hoping that this becomes his best year to date and marks the beginning of his peak--so far, so good.

I could take his 4-game stats and multiply by four, but that doesn't factor in degrading weather conditions or strength of schedule. Plus, like every other QB in the league, he's likely to have a stinker of a game or two. That includes Tom "4 ints against Buffalo" Brady.

His in-game play starts slow, which makes him seem streaky. But a lot of that has to do with Gilbride trying offensive plays early on to see what will work--Gilbride admitted that himself. So is that Manning being streaky, or random play selection preventing a rhythm?

Of course, NONE of this has to do with what the thread is about, which was about performance under pressure. You would be a fool to argue that Manning is not good in that aspect of the game.

suits the dog just fine...if you think eli was so good week 1 against the redskins, well then the dog would count 3 1/2 games...but since he was pretty mediocre that day, then the dog supposses you have a different expectation for what is good play and what isn't...assessing QB play not your strong suit the dog is sure...

my my.... yet another person who fails to read before they respond.

The Yankees have given me so much to be proud of, they could not win for the next 5 years, and Ill have a smile on my face.

Listen, I just dont want you to upset your mom. Its bad enough she has a 35 yr old living in her basement. Now she worked hard on your breakfast. Run.

ha ha ha...the dog is sure the yankee organization is taking solice in knowing that you are "proud" of them...that line is too funny. you are proud as if you have something to do with their success. love it.

she better work hard on the dog's breakfast, it takes a lot of energy explaining and teaching the basics to a baffoon...

ha ha ha...the dog is sure the yankee organization is taking solice in knowing that you are "proud" of them...that line is too funny. you are proud as if you have something to do with their success. love it.

she better work hard on the dog's breakfast, it takes a lot of energy explaining and teaching the basics to a baffoon...

The Yankees take great pride in putting a good product on the field for their fans. So, yes, we are all proud of each other.

How does it feel to not have any loyalty towards anything but being the biggest douche you can be?

Its BUFFOON........you buffoon. :rolleyes:

Only when they see the size of my johnson.

so, by your own admittance, women often faint in disgust when they "see the size of your johnson." the dog admires your openess and willingness to share such atrocities...

now, the dog needs to get back to discussions that extend beyond the 7th grade level...please email bigblue should you need to continue with this...

That's such BS. HERE

I'm not going to count 2011, because it's still a work in progress. But the last two years, 4,000+ yds. With a one year exception (2007--which weirdly enough, was his worst regular season), steady improvement on completion percentage. 20+ TD passes every full season he's played.

So maybe he's inconsistent on completion percentage, since it's improving. The other is interceptions: until last year, he typically fell between 15-20 ints a year; making last year an outlier.

I don't see any reason to believe his final stats this year will vary much this season from those of previous seasons--with the exception of ints from last year. I expect he'll get around 4,000 yards, 20+ tds, and lower ints than last year, certainly. I'm hoping that this becomes his best year to date and marks the beginning of his peak--so far, so good.

I could take his 4-game stats and multiply by four, but that doesn't factor in degrading weather conditions or strength of schedule. Plus, like every other QB in the league, he's likely to have a stinker of a game or two. That includes Tom "4 ints against Buffalo" Brady.

His in-game play starts slow, which makes him seem streaky. But a lot of that has to do with Gilbride trying offensive plays early on to see what will work--Gilbride admitted that himself. So is that Manning being streaky, or random play selection preventing a rhythm?

Of course, NONE of this has to do with what the thread is about, which was about performance under pressure. You would be a fool to argue that Manning is not good in that aspect of the game.

And Tony Romo has a better completion percentage and overall QB rating. Less fumbles and INT's too.

Just sayin... :D

By the way, almost every OC starts the game off trying to figure out what works. But we didn't call Joe Montana streaky, did we? And Peyton? I don't think so.

And lets not even bring Tom "4 ints against Buffalo" Brady into this discussion.

Eli's inconsistent.

And the fact that he is often inaccurate is what has prevented him, and will continue to prevent him, from being "elite."

And Tony Romo has a better completion percentage and overall QB rating. Less fumbles and INT's too.

Just sayin... :D

Romo:com% 65.1,QB rating 95.3, int 5, fumbles 3

Manning:com% 64, QB rating: 105.6, int 2. fumbles 2

just sayin.... :D

so, by your own admittance, women often faint in disgust when they "see the size of your johnson." the dog admires your openess and willingness to share such atrocities...

now, the dog needs to get back to discussions that extend beyond the 7th grade level...please email bigblue should you need to continue with this...

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had to explain to you that it wasn't "in disgust" they were fainting in. :rolleyes:

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize I had to explain to you that it wasn't "in disgust" they were fainting in. :rolleyes:

start from the point in the thread when you first interjected in an attempt to be clever, and the dog is certain you will realize what is going on...again, do please try and keep up.

start from the point in the thread when you first interjected in an attempt to be clever, and the dog is certain you will realize what is going on...again, do please try and keep up.

See, this is the Dog's problem: He is always on the defensive. He claims this is Giants fans' problems. That we are always on the defensive about our team. I'm simply having a little fun with the Dog and he gets all sassy with the Storm! :cry:

Romo:com% 65.1,QB rating 95.3, int 5, fumbles 3

Manning:com% 64, QB rating: 105.6, int 2. fumbles 2

just sayin.... :D

You are comparing THIS SEASON'S stats?

I honestly did not want to compare these stats because it is

UNFAIR TO MANNING.

Seriously, as Fishguts has pointed out in many threads, the Cowboys...

HAVE NO OFFENSIVE LINE AND NO RECEIVERS

So everything Romo is doing he is essentially doing by himself. :D

That's such BS. HERE

define performance under pressure (and the dog is being serious)...is it the defined by performance when being rushed by defenders, or is it defined as performance when trailing late and needing to come up big in the end?

and by the way, to highlight brady's 4 pick day, and the dog can count on one hand how many times he has had a bad performance in his career, is odd and has no place. here is the thing, if the dog is so off about manning, then why do these issues and debates continue to pop up? if he is so good, then why are people constantly making excuses for him not delivering overall (see the following: Gillbride's system...Gillbride's playcalling...losing burress...shockey being a malcontent....tiki barber was a bad lockerroom influence...coughlin is out of touch...jacobs is injured...WR are injured...jacobs is injured again...running backs fumble...wr don't understand the system....lineman are hurt....he has a bad foot...he is a slow starter....jacobs just got hurt again....he lost his security blanket in burress...he lost his security blanket in smith...(he has more security blankets than Linus)...etc...etc...). Every year it's the same. at some point, the dog would imagine it is more exhausting to list excuses than it is to accept that he is a solid QB held back by his constant inconsistencies...

define performance under pressure (and the dog is being serious)...is it the defined by performance when being rushed by defenders, or is it defined as performance when trailing late and needing to come up big in the end?

and by the way, to highlight brady's 4 pick day, and the dog can count on one hand how many times he has had a bad performance in his career, is odd and has no place. here is the thing, if the dog is so off about manning, then why do these issues and debates continue to pop up? if he is so good, then why are people constantly making excuses for him not delivering overall (see the following: Gillbride's system...Gillbride's playcalling...losing burress...shockey being a malcontent....tiki barber was a bad lockerroom influence...coughlin is out of touch...jacobs is injured...WR are injured...jacobs is injured again...running backs fumble...wr don't understand the system....lineman are hurt....he has a bad foot...he is a slow starter....jacobs just got hurt again....he lost his security blanket in burress...he lost his security blanket in smith...(he has more security blankets than Linus)...etc...etc...). Every year it's the same. at some point, the dog would imagine it is more exhausting to list excuses than it is to accept that he is a solid QB held back by his constant inconsistencies...

Linus? :LMAO:

You are comparing THIS SEASON'S stats?

I honestly did not want to compare these stats because it is

UNFAIR TO MANNING.

Seriously, as Fishguts has pointed out in many threads, the Cowboys...

HAVE NO OFFENSIVE LINE AND NO RECEIVERS

So everything Romo is doing he is essentially doing by himself. :D

Dude Romo is a great QB. Throws a better ball than Manning.

But who the heck cares. This isn't Madden or fantasy football. It's the NFL.

Let's compare the TEAMS since 2000:

Giants: 101-79

Cowboys: 90-90

Giants: 3 losing seasons...2 of them they won less than 7 games

Cowboys: 5 losing seasons...All 5 of them they won less than 7 games, including 5 win seasons three times

Giants: 6 seasons winning 10 or more games

Cowboys: 3 seasons winning 10 or more games

Giants: 6 playoff appearances, including 2 SB appearances and 1 win

Cowboys: 4 playoff appearances, no SB play

NOTE: The Cowboys made the playoffs in 2006 with a 9-7 record, while the Giants missed the playoffs in 2010 with a 10-6 record.

I happened to have picked 2000 arbitrarily, but now I see it's dirty because you guys rattled off three straight 5 win seasons starting 2000...well, those seasons did happen.

It's been a long time since the Cowboys have had anything on the Giants.

-Z