SportsWrath

Hello, Badegger

RandolphScott

I think The Dog is underestimating the Cards a bit.

That is a team that lost 2 very close games, and were clearly desperate to beat the Giants at home. They came out with playoff-level intensity.

the dog has said all along that the cardinals are a solid team. not great, not bad. solid as in a 500 caliber team. but, as has been pointed out, they are 1-3...the eagles 1-3...the rams 0-4...the dog would temper enthusiasm for the 3-1 record when the wins came against a combined record of 2-10, particularly given this has been the same old story for the last 3 years. good start against weak competition, weak finish against strong competition. which reminds the dog, someone start a fire gillbride thread immediately...oh wait, those only come out when little eli throws 4 picks and the team implodes...

I didnt say they cant come back.........just that we knocked the snot out of them.........not even sure our players can take it to that level when we play them again

that was an emotional beat down.............have you ever seen the show Cheaters..........it was like a Cheaters beat down

they were pulverized........Vick looked like he'd been run over by a truck

You can only play the teams on your schedule and your record is who you are. Right now one could say gthe redskins are better than us because they beat us, so we'll just see what the final standing have to say about that.

As for now, trying to be unbiased, most I think like the Giants for nthe division because of quarterback play.

Excuse me if I don't play taps for the Eagles. Andy starts slow every year. Then he racks off 8 in a row and wins the east.

I'm not throwing dirt on their grave just yet.

Me too, Blu...but damn...their safety and linebacker play is awful.

Its so bad, I compared it to the Giants LB and safety play of 2009.

you're partially right...the dog said and does believe that the cardinals are a solid team. never said the giants would lose to them. at this point, based on yesterday, the dog's point last week still stands - the NFC East at this moment in time is a playoff space filler. all of the teams have been a tad underwhelming. the redskins have been the most consistent to date, but the dog isn't so sure they have the stamina this year to hold on (they are not far off from taking hold of that division in a year or so in the dog's opinion). the giants have gotten the job done but haven't shown the dog that they will do anything to change the recent trend of crashing midseason, particularly when the schedule gets tough. the eagles, well, really nothing can be said about their efforts to date. still think they can't be discounted but the whole is getting deeper by the minute (and they are one loss away from frustration sinking that ship all together), and the cowboys have too many weaknesses to put together a consistent effort to date...again, it is early, but right now the dog would say this division will be a true war between weak "after thought" teams...

Hmm....You made a post yes, but you actually didnt say ANYTHING.

Im not putting the Giants in the SB at this point. The Giants have won close games that couldve gone either way. They need to dominate a few teams for me to feel a little better about them. I think they might stink and lose to Buffalo on a defensive collapse. Its possible - although they should be able to handle Seattle. I still think the Eagles are a top class team - except for a couple bad losses and Vick being knocked out against Atlanta. They have the players to put together a run. The Skins are overrated - we were even more pathetic the opening week and handed them a win. They will run out of steam and FAST. The Cowboys - well - I think their lack of a ground game will cost them dearly because Romo isnt capable of putting together a consistent run. The Cowboys - they are going nowhere.

Hmm....You made a post yes, but you actually didnt say ANYTHING.

Im not putting the Giants in the SB at this point. The Giants have won close games that couldve gone either way. They need to dominate a few teams for me to feel a little better about them. I think they might stink and lose to Buffalo on a defensive collapse. Its possible - although they should be able to handle Seattle. I still think the Eagles are a top class team - except for a couple bad losses and Vick being knocked out against Atlanta. They have the players to put together a run. The Skins are overrated - we were even more pathetic the opening week and handed them a win. They will run out of steam and FAST. The Cowboys - well - I think their lack of a ground game will cost them dearly because Romo isnt capable of putting together a consistent run. The Cowboys - they are going nowhere.

sooo, you said the dog's post didn't say anything, and yet your post says pretty much the same thing the dog's did...ok.

Me too, Blu...but damn...their safety and linebacker play is awful.

Its so bad, I compared it to the Giants LB and safety play of 2009.

I think San Fran attacked them the same way Gilbride did.

They are going to have to scrap that wide nine because their LBs and Safeties can't make the plays that the system requires, and their corners arent the brick wall the media made them out to be.

• 4 months later...