SportsWrath

Eli Manning

Guest StrahansGap

Right from the start of the season it was same old Eli. Cunting his way through games, doing his shoulder shrugs and his head bowing. But sometime right after halftime of Week 2 when they played the Rams, Eli had this look in his eyes and on his face that said, "You know what? Fuck this. Let's do it"!

He had the same face vs the Eagles and the same face today. SOMETHING or SOMEBODY is motivating this guy. He seems like a man possessed.

I know Golfingguy might bust my balls because i'm praising Eli, but this was a big win today. Great comeback, great spirit, great pride, great win!!!!!!

I think he's playing for and channeling his Brother........

Right from the start of the season it was same old Eli. Cunting his way through games, doing his shoulder shrugs and his head bowing. But sometime right after halftime of Week 2 when they played the Rams, Eli had this look in his eyes and on his face that said, "You know what? Fuck this. Let's do it"!

He had the same face vs the Eagles and the same face today. SOMETHING or SOMEBODY is motivating this guy. He seems like a man possessed.

I know Golfingguy might bust my balls because i'm praising Eli, but this was a big win today. Great comeback, great spirit, great pride, great win!!!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's Gilbride's playcalling.

For the first 1.5 games of the season, Eli had a million audibles at the line, 20 pre-snap reads, "Omaha" bullshit, etc. Since they've gone to a quicker tempo he's been on fire. I haven't heard "Omaha" once in the past two weeks, thank God.

For the first 1.5 games of the season, Eli had a million audibles at the line, 20 pre-snap reads, "Omaha" bullshit, etc. Since they've gone to a quicker tempo he's been on fire. I haven't heard "Omaha" once in the past two weeks, thank God.

Not only that, they've been getting the plays alot quicker into the huddle. No more of the 1 and 2 seconds and snap the ball bullshit.

Guest StrahansGap

Good point. He was getting bad with that Omaha shit. He was saying it so much, It was almost like he was shouting it before he got to the line of scrimmage!

Have to give Coughlin credit here too. It took him a long time, but it's almost like he scrapped everything and went back to the old drawing board. And part of that meant reevaluating his OC and his QB.

Not for nothing, but Tom Brady has a very good ground game at his disposal. It's a different offensive philosophy completely.

That said, Eli is not in Tom's class. That's not an indictment. The only QB's in Tom's class are Peyton Manning and guys that are in the Hall, like Joe Montana. I'm very happy with Eli. He is a great competitor, and he can beat any team on any given Sunday. He has gotten better every year. I think he has not plateaued yet.

In our division, who would you rather have? You have Vick who's never won anything, gets hurt too often, and has questions about his ability to be a bonafide passer once his speed starts to leave him.

You have Romo, who has shown a knack for choking away big games, and an inability to lead his team back from the jaws of defeat, who also is not as durable as Eli.

You have Grossman, and I don't even need to get started.

Under Eli, we haven't had a losing season. We have a Super Bowl win, which is something that the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, Philadelphia Eagles, Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Cincinatti Bengals, Seattle Seahawks, and Carolina Panthers have NEVER had in their entire existence, nearly half the league. Eli should be beyond comparisons at this point to Peyton, Brady, Brees, and the rest. What we have is a great QB, and what he did yesterday is something only a few QB's in the NFL could do... so many of them would screw it up.

And I'm sick of hearing about Romo being better than Eli. Romo lost that game yesterday to the Lions. Romo has one playoff victory to his credit. ONE. What am I missing? Fucking stats? Give me the guy who wins me the game in the 4th quarter, that knows what he sees at the LOS, reads the defense like a book, and can deliver the ball anywhere on the field. When his receivers are on the same page as Eli, the Giants offense is tough to stop.

:WS:

I remember when Eli was 95% potential, and 5% flashes of greatness.

Then, he hit a new plateau - he became a good QB.

Right now, Eli is entering a period that Phil Simms and Steve Young indicated were the best years of their career.

I'm wondering whether or not he's about to take another step up....his yearly stats are pointing in that direction, and what I've seen over the past 2 1/2 games has been very encouraging.

If I had a choice of any QB to lead my team down the field at the end of the game, I'd go Peyton, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and Eli....probably in that order.

2 TDs in less than one minute in the no huddle...that's Kick Ass Good.

Agreed. Ive been a Gilbride hater from the start and that opinion hasnt changed. He is a fuckwad! I was all the time saying we should use the hurry up and no huddle a lot more and the Giants offense suddenly looks ominous. Its when Gilbride gets time to fart that our offense starts sputtering. We need to speed things up on offense - show a sense of urgency instead of looking like a bunch of sea lions mating at the line of scrimmage.

Agreed. Ive been a Gilbride hater from the start and that opinion hasnt changed. He is a fuckwad! I was all the time saying we should use the hurry up and no huddle a lot more and the Giants offense suddenly looks ominous. Its when Gilbride gets time to fart that our offense starts sputtering. We need to speed things up on offense - show a sense of urgency instead of looking like a bunch of sea lions mating at the line of scrimmage.

Pix?