SportsWrath

Eli Manning

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

Right from the start of the season it was same old Eli. Cunting his way through games, doing his shoulder shrugs and his head bowing. But sometime right after halftime of Week 2 when they played the Rams, Eli had this look in his eyes and on his face that said, "You know what? Fuck this. Let's do it"!

He had the same face vs the Eagles and the same face today. SOMETHING or SOMEBODY is motivating this guy. He seems like a man possessed.

I know Golfingguy might bust my balls because i'm praising Eli, but this was a big win today. Great comeback, great spirit, great pride, great win!!!!!!

Right from the start of the season it was same old Eli. Cunting his way through games, doing his shoulder shrugs and his head bowing. But sometime right after halftime of Week 2 when they played the Rams, Eli had this look in his eyes and on his face that said, "You know what? Fuck this. Let's do it"!

He had the same face vs the Eagles and the same face today. SOMETHING or SOMEBODY is motivating this guy. He seems like a man possessed.

I know Golfingguy might bust my balls because i'm praising Eli, but this was a big win today. Great comeback, great spirit, great pride, great win!!!!!!

Did you see him him yank Bradshaw into position by the collar when they were trying to run a hurry-up and Bradshaw was busy jabbing with the defense?

-Z

I'm framing this one.

I think whatever girl problems he was having from a few weeks ago are now over...... :confused:

:smartass:

Lol...you got me on that one....

Maybe his girl problems got passed the stage where he cares and its messing with his head to the stage where he's just pissed about it?

-Z

I wasn't able to see the game, only checked the stats when I got home.

Looking at the box score, It seems Eli carried this team today.

Where the heck is the running game? 54 yards? are you kidding me?

With no running game, Eli better do it or it will be left undone.

during the 4th.. i think there's an injury or missing player on the Card's D-line, which gave Eli a good 4-5 sec in the box... that's when he was killing it.... our O-line still need a lot of work and for some odd reason. Eli just isn't as good as i always thought he is......... sorry guys, i'm slipping off the wagon.....

during the 4th.. i think there's an injury or missing player on the Card's D-line, which gave Eli a good 4-5 sec in the box... that's when he was killing it.... our O-line still need a lot of work and for some odd reason. Eli just isn't as good as i always thought he is......... sorry guys, i'm slipping off the wagon.....

Did Baas come back in or was Boothe at Centre for the rest of the game?

They went into the non-huddle with Dockett off the field too, which was a smart move. Eli had all day back there.

Lack of a ground game doesn't help.....

AZ focused on stopping the run.. we have to give credit where credit is due.. our team (both teams really) battled.. and we pulled it off.. a W is a W and this was NOT an ugly or sloppy win... Eli came thru. Can't say the same for Romo.. or Vick for that matter.

Did Baas come back in or was Boothe at Centre for the rest of the game?

They went into the non-huddle with Dockett off the field too, which was a smart move. Eli had all day back there.

I think Boothe played out the game....and did a good job after that first play disaster.

-Z

Doesn't seem to hold Tom Brady back.

Not for nothing, but Tom Brady has a very good ground game at his disposal. It's a different offensive philosophy completely.

That said, Eli is not in Tom's class. That's not an indictment. The only QB's in Tom's class are Peyton Manning and guys that are in the Hall, like Joe Montana. I'm very happy with Eli. He is a great competitor, and he can beat any team on any given Sunday. He has gotten better every year. I think he has not plateaued yet.

In our division, who would you rather have? You have Vick who's never won anything, gets hurt too often, and has questions about his ability to be a bonafide passer once his speed starts to leave him.

You have Romo, who has shown a knack for choking away big games, and an inability to lead his team back from the jaws of defeat, who also is not as durable as Eli.

You have Grossman, and I don't even need to get started.

Under Eli, we haven't had a losing season. We have a Super Bowl win, which is something that the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Jacksonville Jaguars, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals, Philadelphia Eagles, Tennessee Titans, San Diego Chargers, Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings, Atlanta Falcons, Cincinatti Bengals, Seattle Seahawks, and Carolina Panthers have NEVER had in their entire existence, nearly half the league. Eli should be beyond comparisons at this point to Peyton, Brady, Brees, and the rest. What we have is a great QB, and what he did yesterday is something only a few QB's in the NFL could do... so many of them would screw it up.

And I'm sick of hearing about Romo being better than Eli. Romo lost that game yesterday to the Lions. Romo has one playoff victory to his credit. ONE. What am I missing? Fucking stats? Give me the guy who wins me the game in the 4th quarter, that knows what he sees at the LOS, reads the defense like a book, and can deliver the ball anywhere on the field. When his receivers are on the same page as Eli, the Giants offense is tough to stop.

I wasn't able to see the game, only checked the stats when I got home.

Looking at the box score, It seems Eli carried this team today.

Where the heck is the running game? 54 yards? are you kidding me?

With no running game, Eli better do it or it will be left undone.

I can explain that........every team and his brother knows the Giants go into a shell against weak opponents..............no downfield throws ........8-9 in the box..........no one can run into 8-9 in the box

Blame it on Kill-Drive.............you have to stretch the field early, and not worry about Eli's stats.........he's under a long term contracts........Stats are for losers

Then why did we go scoreless for 5 of them? The whole offense is like a rollercoaster.

bingo...don't look now but you are agreeing with the dog in a way (not so much that the offense is a rollercoaster, but eli is)...if the past 7 years is any indication, eli will no doubt have his fair share of mediocre games the rest of the way, and his fair share of flat out bad games the rest of the way, and the majority here will scramble to line up which excuse fits best for this season...

bingo...don't look now but you are agreeing with the dog in a way (not so much that the offense is a rollercoaster, but eli is)...if the past 7 years is any indication, eli will no doubt have his fair share of mediocre games the rest of the way, and his fair share of flat out bad games the rest of the way, and the majority here will scramble to line up which excuse fits best for this season...

I've been commenting on Eli's inconsistency for as long as this board has been up.