SportsWrath

Steve Smith

Nas

I appreciate what he did for us, he decided to leave. Move on.

For some reason I feel bad for him... I remember when I was livid when he left.. I said I can't see him with another team.. he just looks out of place... maybe he'll fit in eventually but I don't see it..

Remember how we all talked about how some of Eli's INTs last year were passes that bounced off the receiver's hands? :rolleyes:

Hate to say it but if Cruz doesn't start keeping his eye on the football it's gonna happen to us. He had that one drop that bounced 15 yards into the air and landed safely on the grass. But on his TD (the long one) he had his eyes upfield before he caught the ball.

The dude has some skills, but he really needs to play much much smarter or else we will all be shaking our heads. But the kid didn't fuck up and he had a great game.

Hate to say it but if Cruz doesn't start keeping his eye on the football it's gonna happen to us. He had that one drop that bounced 15 yards into the air and landed safely on the grass. But on his TD (the long one) he had his eyes upfield before he caught the ball.

The dude has some skills, but he really needs to play much much smarter or else we will all be shaking our heads. But the kid didn't fuck up and he had a great game.

Correct but that's what game-time experience is about. His 2nd TD was a thing of beauty.. he was held before the ball got there.. and he was double-teamed.. still made the catch... and crossed the goal line.. and fucking Eli was throwing the ball with authority... I don't know man.. i highly doubt the Giants don't know about this message board... I have a feeling they're bypassing the troll-filled GMB and come here to see what real fans say.

For some reason I feel bad for him... I remember when I was livid when he left.. I said I can't see him with another team.. he just looks out of place... maybe he'll fit in eventually but I don't see it..

He clearly wanted to leave so fuck him. When he got the offer from the Eagles he didn't try to get a counter offer from the Giants. I doubt the Giants would have matched it anyway but clearly there was some bitterness.

He clearly wanted to leave so fuck him. When he got the offer from the Eagles he didn't try to get a counter offer from the Giants. I doubt the Giants would have matched it anyway but clearly there was some bitterness.

I blame his dirtbag agent more than anything.

The Giants approached him last season, when he was healthy, to work something out, but he was looking to be among the top WR's in the league. No disrespect to Steve, but he's not Calvin Johnson.....his agent gave him some bum fucking advice. And so, the minute he got an agressive deal from Philly, they jumped on it.

Then, he got injured, and all bets were off.

I've beaten up Reese alot over what happened, but its over.....Steve Smith and his agent were the ones who pulled the trigger to go to Philly, so, I'm done with him. The Pride of Paterson had a great game yesterday, and I'm looking forward to this season with the guys we have.

I blame his dirtbag agent more than anything.

The Giants approached him last season, when he was healthy, to work something out, but he was looking to be among the top WR's in the league. No disrespect to Steve, but he's not Calvin Johnson.....his agent gave him some bum fucking advice. And so, the minute he got an agressive deal from Philly, they jumped on it.

Then, he got injured, and all bets were off.

I've beaten up Reese alot over what happened, but its over.....Steve Smith and his agent were the ones who pulled the trigger to go to Philly, so, I'm done with him. The Pride of Paterson had a great game yesterday, and I'm looking forward to this season with the guys we have.

No doubt but the agents works for him. I guess this is where greed takes you. The only part that pisses me off is he acted like he wanted to be a Giant so badly but never gave them a chance on the Eagles' contract. It's very possible the Giants would have matched it. Maybe he should get a new agent.

No doubt but the agents works for him. I guess this is where greed takes you. The only part that pisses me off is he acted like he wanted to be a Giant so badly but never gave them a chance on the Eagles' contract. It's very possible the Giants would have matched it. Maybe he should get a new agent.

I can totally see this happening... Resigns with the Giants next year too.

I agree....ultimately, if he wanted to remain a Giant, he could have given his agent some clear directions.

This was definitely a crap sandwich, and I think Reese, Smith, and his agent are responsible for the ingredients.

Either way, what's done is done.....yesterday helped me to move on.

I think Sethi put it best....

Let the name of Steve Smith be stricken from every book and tablet, stricken from all pylons and obelisks, stricken from every monument of the Meadowlands. Let the name of Steve Smith be unheard and unspoken, erased from the memory of Giants fans for all time.

I can totally see this happening... Resigns with the Giants next year too.

Seeing his lack of production with the Eagles and the fact we have wide receivers that are better than him, I'd be perfectly happy watching him rot on the Eagles.

Seeing his lack of production with the Eagles and the fact we have wide receivers that are better than him, I'd be perfectly happy watching him rot on the Eagles.

When he played for us he was excellent.. and he has the record. He doesn't have the same chemistry with Vick.. maybe not yet.. and they have Maclin and Jackson ahead of him anyway.