SportsWrath

Free Agent WRs?

Sephiroth

Well, once again, we're down to scrubs at a very important position heading into... week 3.

I know we'll get Barden back soon, but he hasn't really shown us anything. Anybody else out there available? Do we have to stoop to a Terrell Owens' level when he recovers from ACL surgery?

I hate to say it... and it's actually NOT a joke this time... but do we look at bringing back Sinorice Moss? He was in the Eagles' system last year.Can we trade for anyone?

I don't think an injured Nicks, Cruz, and Stokely get it done for the remainder of the season. Manningham sucks.

Well, once again, we're down to scrubs at a very important position heading into... week 3.

I know we'll get Barden back soon, but he hasn't really shown us anything. Anybody else out there available? Do we have to stoop to a Terrell Owens' level when he recovers from ACL surgery?

I hate to say it... and it's actually NOT a joke this time... but do we look at bringing back Sinorice Moss? He was in the Eagles' system last year.Can we trade for anyone?

I don't think an injured Nicks, Cruz, and Stokely get it done for the remainder of the season. Manningham sucks.

Oh come on man.. Manningham is alright.. Nicks are Cruz are fine too.. shit Nicks is a fucking beast. And let's not forget about the dump-offs to ware.. and our running game. Why would we go for someone who's recovering from a torn ACL? Sinorice Moss? I better not see him in Giant's uniform again.. I don't study those things but I'm sure there were young healthy guys out there.. they don't have to be superstars... it just means Gillie has to make us a run-first team.. and we're good at it.

A trade would only make sense if you could get a difference maker, a guy who could put you in the playoffs and, 1) I doubt there are any of those guys available and 2) we're more than one player away right now.

I think we have to accept that this is not our year, make the best of it by evaluating and developing our young talent and getting our O line to mesh.....and remember, bad and painful as this year might get, we'll be right back in it next year. It's not like we're a team at the beginning of a long, slow rebuilding process.

No point in giving away any part of our future to bring us from 6-10 to 8-8 this year.

A trade would only make sense if you could get a difference maker, a guy who could put you in the playoffs and, 1) I doubt there are any of those guys available and 2) we're more than one player away right now.

I think we have to accept that this is not our year, make the best of it by evaluating and developing our young talent and getting our O line to mesh.....and remember, bad and painful as this year might get, we'll be right back in it next year. It's not like we're a team at the beginning of a long, slow rebuilding process.

No point in giving away any part of our future to bring us from 6-10 to 8-8 this year.

Well said. As stated before the season, I would consider this season a success if we keep Philly from succeeding... The sheer # of injuries this early in the season is just astonishing... but we're a defense first team.. we get back Prince soon and who knows... we may just be one really good CB short of being really dominant defensively.. Rookie Jones is developing and it's the games in December that counts.. assuming we don't implode in October and November... Then all the O has to do is play old fashion grind it out kindda football.. which we're more than capable of... and Eli can be fucking brilliant... and we all know a solid running game is a QB's best friend.

Oh come on man.. Manningham is alright.. Nicks are Cruz are fine too.. shit Nicks is a fucking beast. And let's not forget about the dump-offs to ware.. and our running game. Why would we go for someone who's recovering from a torn ACL? Sinorice Moss? I better not see him in Giant's uniform again.. I don't study those things but I'm sure there were young healthy guys out there.. they don't have to be superstars... it just means Gillie has to make us a run-first team.. and we're good at it.

Nicks is very good, borderline Pro Bowl. Cruz seems like he could be serviceable. Manningham is dumb as a brick, and is more suited for a number 3 role where he runs fly patterns and quick outs... stuff that you don't have to be smart for.

Gilbride is half the problem. I don't think he'll change his scheme... he'll try to "square peg" the player to failure.

I don't think any of those guys on that list are great, but they'd be serviceable... hell, Moss or T.O. may actually still be able to play. I never thought I'd say I'd like to see them in blue because on a personal level I hate them both, but we may not have a choice.

I always liked Finneran, however.

Don't be suprised to see Da'rel Scott get some action this week in the passing game.

Yeah, that's the sort of thing you can start to experiment with, start to get an idea of what these young players can do and give them a chance to get better at it. And if and when Barden gets healthy, give him a long look and find out once and for all if he's ever going to develop or if it's time to cut bait.

13 Ramses Barden WR 25 6-6 224 3 Cal Poly-S.L.O.

80 Victor Cruz WR 24 6-0 204 2 Massachusetts

87 Domenik Hixon WR 26 6-2 197 6 Akron

12 Jerrel Jernigan WR 22 5-8 189 R Troy

82 Mario Manningham WR 25 6-0 185 4 Michigan

88 Hakeem Nicks WR 23 6-1 208 3 North Carolina

84 Brandon Stokley WR 35 6-0 192 13 Louisiana-Lafayette

15 Devin Thomas WR 24 6-2 221 4 Michigan State

No, we're fine... look at all the young talents we have(with one old fart at 35)..

No, we're fine... look at all the young talents we have(with one old fart at 35)..

I honestly think that Stokley will, in all likelihood, end up being our #3 this year. I was surprised by his athleticism coming basically off the couch. And Eli and him seem to have a rapport...probably from Manning family parties :laugh:

I just have this feeling that once Eli gets comfortable with a guy, he's going to keep throwing it to him. We saw it with Steve Smith from 07 on, saw it with Manningham when Nicks was down and we had no one else last season. And he just doesn't seem to have that same comfort level with guys like Cruz and Thomas.

You can make a list a mile long but they were back ups for a reason. To think you can just plug the next name in there and not lose anything is unrealistic.....and we're facing the same thing with DBs! In fact, running back, QB and OL are the only healthy units and our OL is still learning to play together. It's starting to remind me of that old Monty Python bit when the guy in a sword fight gets one limb after another chopped off and keeps saying, "alright, then I'll fight you with one arm! alright, then I'll fight you with one leg....".

You can make a list a mile long but they were back ups for a reason. To think you can just plug the next name in there and not lose anything is unrealistic.....and we're facing the same thing with DBs! In fact, running back, QB and OL are the only healthy units and our OL is still learning to play together. It's starting to remind me of that old Monty Python bit when the guy in a sword fight gets one limb after another chopped off and keeps saying, "alright, then I'll fight you with one arm! alright, then I'll fight you with one leg....".

:laugh:

Those players all have talent. I don't think the drop off from Hixon to any of those guys is that big.

It actually isn't that hard to replace a WR... the biggest problem is learning the plays and these guys have been here...besides Devin Thomas showed great motor and great skills.. the team went with Hixon because he was the veteran of the two.

"It's just a flesh wound!"