SportsWrath

Only one poster has posted more then 40 threads a day

BlueInCanada

We're doing the pendulum thing--swinging way too extreme in either direction.

Are we going anywhere this year? Probably not. Sure, there's a chance, but too much will have to swing our way, and I see no evidence of our luck changing.

However, I'm real optimistic for next year: we have a lot of young guys that will be experienced next year, our line will gel eventually, and we'll be getting players back we won't have this year.

Coughlin and co. are frustrating at times, but we have won with them. I've been critical of Fewell, but he's not a terrible defensive coordinator. He's not Spagnuolo, to be sure; but he isn't Sheridan or Lewis, either. If he makes better use of the players he has, he could be good.

I'm not going to waste my time about Gilbride. You guys are going to believe what you believe.

It's not the greatest coaching staff ever, but I would take it over a good chunk of the dross we see around the league.

Finally, I don't get the complaints about Reese's drafts. We've gotten at least two quality starters from each draft since he's been in charge, and a couple that were off the charts. Yes, recently we've been dropping a lot of the later round players, but I kind of expect that: do you guys realize how bad your team has to be in order to keep all your picks for a given year? Or, for that matter, how awful your 1st and 2nd round picks in subsequent years have to be to not beat the previous year's 5th?

That's not to mention how having so many starters from one draft effects you long term--We lost how many players from the 2007 draft this year because of FA? You can't keep them all. A steady addition of 2-3 players per draft allows us to keep more players, while not having bottle-necks in the cap.