SportsWrath

How does T2 affect Osi's status???

JMFP

We have an embarrassment of riches at DL.

If there's one position that could entice someone to deal a good CB, it would be for a great DE.

I'm thinking Osi's status might have changed tonight.

There once was a lot of CB depth, just sayin...

But I see your point, Joe. He could be on the block now.

I don't want to just give Osi away.....but somewhere in the NFL there is a team with a crappy pass rush.

I would guess that Osi doesn't nearly have as much value as we would like....I think we'd have a hard time finding a team to give us even just a 3rd for him.....aging, injury prone, and fairly one dimensional pass rusher,

Doubt he gets traded, still a valuable member of the team. We've been spoiled over the last few years with the number of productive DE's we've drafted or signed. Umenyiora is definitely worth a first or second round pick simply because he is a proven threat on the line.

Plenty of teams in need of a pass rushing DE of Umenyiora's quality.

I bet Reese's line of thinking is that an incredible pass rush will mask our secondary's deficiencies.

But truth be told, a corner tandem of Ross and Webster with Prince hopefully stepping in by mid-October isn't the worst thing in the world.

I am deflated. I do think a HEALTHY Ross is a good CB. T2 is a very good to great CB, though. I just hope Coe or Witherspoon is up for this challenge. And I really hope that Prince is on the fast track to getting healthy, and he is as good as his draft position suggests. Prince really is the key in all this. If we get him back before the bye week, and he's ready to play and gets sufficient reps to know what he's doing out there prior to the 2nd half of the schedule, AND he's really good, we can absorb the loss of T2 and still make a big run. But we can't afford another injury there.

I know this, if they are thinking Joe Burnett must step up, they might as well resign CC Brown.

Joe, it might be better just to sign a corner like Kelvin Hayden or Lito Sheppard to strengthen the group. I'm not a fan of Lito, but we need a proven corner to play the nickel and to provide insurance in the case of another injury. The chances of us going through the entire schedule without another corner getting hurt is unlikely.

As for a trade scenario, look at the Buccaneers. Aqib Talib hasn't actually been a model citizen, but his trial for the assault charge doesn't start until after the season. There is no doubt that Talib is a stellar, top tier corner. Osi would seem to be a fit on the Bucs. Right now, they have a guy named Michael Bennett starting at DE as the number 1 guy on the depth chart. He was waived by the Seahawks in 2009 and he had only 1 sack and 13 tackles last year despite playing in 13 games (2 starts). The Bucs have Da'Quan Bowers behind him, but he's a rook, and Adrian Clayborn, another rook, is projected to start on the other side. A Osi for Talib deal could be beneficial for both teams.

I am deflated. I do think a HEALTHY Ross is a good CB. T2 is a very good to great CB, though. I just hope Coe or Witherspoon is up for this challenge. And I really hope that Prince is on the fast track to getting healthy, and he is as good as his draft position suggests.

Witherspoon left the game with a knee injury as well. ( punt late in the 3rd or early 4th ). I don't know anything more though.

It is really hard to envision Prince giving us much this year. There was no rookie mini camp or OTAs and he only practiced twice in camp.

The good news is that we actually look like we have kids that can play some LB. Jones and Herzlich where both really active last night.

I though Bass looked much better as well.

The Deon Grant signing is huge right now.

I am deflated. I do think a HEALTHY Ross is a good CB. T2 is a very good to great CB, though. I just hope Coe or Witherspoon is up for this challenge. And I really hope that Prince is on the fast track to getting healthy, and he is as good as his draft position suggests. Prince really is the key in all this. If we get him back before the bye week, and he's ready to play and gets sufficient reps to know what he's doing out there prior to the 2nd half of the schedule, AND he's really good, we can absorb the loss of T2 and still make a big run. But we can't afford another injury there.

I know this, if they are thinking Joe Burnett must step up, they might as well resign CC Brown.

Dude? :rules:

You caught the sarcasm, right?

Yea I did... There are a few names that are not to be uttered. The mere mention of those names brings back horrible memories. That dude is one of them... the other one shaves the same last name.

Joe, it might be better just to sign a corner like Kelvin Hayden or Lito Sheppard to strengthen the group. I'm not a fan of Lito, but we need a proven corner to play the nickel and to provide insurance in the case of another injury. The chances of us going through the entire schedule without another corner getting hurt is unlikely.

As for a trade scenario, look at the Buccaneers. Aqib Talib hasn't actually been a model citizen, but his trial for the assault charge doesn't start until after the season. There is no doubt that Talib is a stellar, top tier corner. Osi would seem to be a fit on the Bucs. Right now, they have a guy named Michael Bennett starting at DE as the number 1 guy on the depth chart. He was waived by the Seahawks in 2009 and he had only 1 sack and 13 tackles last year despite playing in 13 games (2 starts). The Bucs have Da'Quan Bowers behind him, but he's a rook, and Adrian Clayborn, another rook, is projected to start on the other side. A Osi for Talib deal could be beneficial for both teams.

Talib is going to be suspended by the league, and after the Plax fiasco, well this guy could be worse. No way.

Talib is going to be suspended by the league, and after the Plax fiasco, well this guy could be worse. No way.

Perhaps he will. But his trial isn't until after the season, and he has maintained his innocence. Goodell may suspend him anyway, which will be met with an automatic appeal by the Players Association. He could be another Pacman Jones, who knows, but one thing is for certain, the guy is a baller.

Speaking of Pacman Jones (I'm getting desperate, aren't I?)

I bet Reese's line of thinking is that an incredible pass rush will mask our secondary's deficiencies.

But truth be told, a corner tandem of Ross and Webster with Prince hopefully stepping in by mid-October isn't the worst thing in the world.

this is true

in 2007 a NY team won the Super Bowl with those two fellows at CB.....how bad could they be.....

well neither will make 100 tackles, but if the RBs are getting that far we are going to have to overhaul the front 7 again

this is true

in 2007 a NY team won the Super Bowl with those two fellows at CB.....how bad could they be.....

well neither will make 100 tackles, but if the RBs are getting that far we are going to have to overhaul the front 7 again

Not really. Sam Madison was our other CB.

-Z

Doubt he gets traded, still a valuable member of the team. We've been spoiled over the last few years with the number of productive DE's we've drafted or signed. Umenyiora is definitely worth a first or second round pick simply because he is a proven threat on the line.

Plenty of teams in need of a pass rushing DE of Umenyiora's quality.

He may be worth a 1st or 2nd to US, but I'm fairly certain if they could have traded Umenyiora for a 1st at any point last season, or especially the past month or so, the Giants would have done it.