SportsWrath

Giants Sign DT Jimmy Kennedy

BleedinBlue

From TrueBlue.com:

The Giants signed DT Jimmy Kennedy, a former first-round pick, to a contract.

Kennedy confirmed the report when he tweeted “Giants!”

Kennedy, 31, who last played with the Vikings from 2008-10, has recorded 125 tackles and eight sacks in eight seasons.

He is a Yonkers, N.Y. native who was selected 12th overall by the Rams in the 2003 draft.

He once had a promising pro career, he's a talented athlete. Not much injury history there either. Not sure why he's bounced around so much... guess he just never put it together.

Not a bad signing. Worst case, he's a camp body, best case he finds some late-career motivation, ala Dan Wilkinson. .

From TrueBlue.com:

The Giants signed DT Jimmy Kennedy, a former first-round pick, to a contract.

Kennedy confirmed the report when he tweeted “Giants!”

Kennedy, 31, who last played with the Vikings from 2008-10, has recorded 125 tackles and eight sacks in eight seasons.

He is a Yonkers, N.Y. native who was selected 12th overall by the Rams in the 2003 draft.

Purely political :P

Did he attend Boston College???

He's a Penn State product.

In an interview he said, "I’m not sure of my role yet (on the Giants). I’m 303 pounds, so I can play anywhere on the defensive line. I’m just grateful to be part of a great club who view me as a talented, dominant defensive lineman".

Hopefully, this guy has something to prove and will end up like the Robbins pickup we enjoyed for those few years. He spent the last two years with the Vikes, so at the least, hopefully he can enlighten the coaches on some of their schemes.

In an interview he said, "I’m not sure of my role yet (on the Giants). I’m 303 pounds, so I can play anywhere on the defensive line. I’m just grateful to be part of a great club who view me as a talented, dominant defensive lineman".

No shortage of confidence for a guy who's been a journeyman.