SportsWrath

Is John Carney Available??

JackStroud

with them moving the tee up 5 yds this would be a great time to bring Carney back to the team.

He was absolutely a stunning100% from about 38 yds in, and no worse than Tynes from 48 in.....Tynes is no sure thing for a PAT

I loved the way the guy hit a perfectly straight ball with no pull or slice.

Also, at his age he is no threat to Tynes in the long run. I'm convinced Tynes has some kind of compromising pictures of Coughlin

dude Carney went to the pro bowl for us 2 yrs ago

not a lot of chokers in the pro bowl....age is not a huge factor in kicking....George Blanda was kicking til he was 50

percentage wise Tynes might be the worst FG kicker we have ever had

did you forget the chippys he missed in the GB game a few yrs ago

he has a hook to his kicks that makes him inherently unreliable

He's 47 years old and even with the new kickoffs being from the 35 he still can't kick it to the goal line. Carney was a good kicker once upon a time. But that time was a loooooong time ago.

We heard that same argument the last time they brought in Carney and his kick offs were actually deeper by a few yds than Tynes and I think he hit about 44 FGs in a row

Nonsense

Jack, you are badly misremembering. Carney sucked at kickoffs when he was with us last. And the only time Coughlin ever sent Carney out for a FG that was longer than 45 yards was when we were playing a game on the road indoors on artificial turf.

Jack, you are badly misremembering. Carney sucked at kickoffs when he was with us last. And the only time Coughlin ever sent Carney out for a FG that was longer than 45 yards was when we were playing a game on the road indoors on artificial turf.

you are remembering wrong my friend......there was a huge uproar that Carney was going to kick it to the ten

his kicks were inside the 5 often inside the goal line

he would not have made the Pro Bowl picked by his peers if he could not kick off adequately

you are remembering wrong my friend......there was a huge uproar that Carney was going to kick it to the ten

his kicks were inside the 5 often inside the goal line

he would not have made the Pro Bowl picked by his peers if he could not kick off adequately

Once again Jack is delusional.

Here are the kick off stats for the 2008 season. Link

Carney was ranked 43 out of all the kickers in average kickoff yards with only three touch backs the entire season. Out of the 79 kickoffs that Carney made, 73 were returned with the average of them making 21 yards.

The reason Carney made the pro-bowl wasnt his kick off ability in fact he was in the bottom half of the league in terms of kick offs, he made the pro bowl because he made 35 out of 39 kicks, with the highest field goal kicking percentage in the league.

Carney was ranked 43 out of all the kickers in average kickoff yards with only three touch backs the entire season. Out of the 79 kickoffs that Carney made, 73 were returned with the average of them making 21 yards.

The reason Carney made the pro-bowl wasnt his kick off ability in fact he was in the bottom half of the league in terms of kick offs, he made the pro bowl because he made 35 out of 39 kicks, with the highest field goal kicking percentage in the league.

LOL. Jack I expect an apology.

hmmmm he should have returned his salary

We have Lawrence Tynes ..........a guy you have to turn your head away every time he attempts a PAT......I actually cringe in fear each time Tynes lines up for a PAT

LOL. Jack I expect an apology.

You know what.....I'm not really concerned with where the ball lands on KO's......sometimes a few yds shy is a good thing.....it limits the angles for the returner, and screws up the timing for the blockers

also hang time counts on KO's.........I'd rather have more hang time and less deep......gives the tacklers more time to line up on the receiver..........do you have Carney's hang time stats for 2008?.......thought not

on the other hand guys who make an adventure out of a 35 yd field goal drive me NUTS

hahaha, I remember that. I thought of it as bad karma for the Joe Horn incident against us.

The thing about Carney was that he was pin point accurate from inside 40 but we hardly dared trying anything else outside of that with him. Isn't that the year we carried both Tynes and Carney? Tynes got injured or something?

On a side note, does anyone else here see a problem with us even attempting 55 yard field goals with Tynes? That should be an area of the field where we are either punting or depending on distance to the 1st down, going for it?

hmmmm he should have returned his salary

We have Lawrence Tynes ..........a guy you have to turn your head away every time he attempts a PAT......I actually cringe in fear each time Tynes lines up for a PAT

See this is Jack logic.

I never once said Tynes was better but he goes on a hissy fit of "Hurr durp you proved me wrong so I'm gonna avoid the argument entirely"

This is why no one on here takes you seriously Jack, you are proven wrong time after time yet you always try to cover up by changing the subject entirely.

Is Tynes a good kicker? No, I never said that even though you had to bring him into the discussion, why?

Is Carney the answer? Fuck no he's retired and out of football, plus since leaving the Giants he's kicking game has gone to hell 18 for 23 in two years, or 73%.

Dont worry Jack will come back with some Jack logic that we have all come to know.

You know what.....I'm not really concerned with where the ball lands on KO's......sometimes a few yds shy is a good thing.....it limits the angles for the returner, and screws up the timing for the blockers

also hang time counts on KO's.........I'd rather have more hang time and less deep......gives the tacklers more time to line up on the receiver..........do you have Carney's hang time stats for 2008?.......thought not

on the other hand guys who make an adventure out of a 35 yd field goal drive me NUTS

LOL.

I see a problem with Tynes period

I hate to say it but you may have seen the last of Tynes. I don't wish this on anyone but that hit had ACL written all over it.

If his ligaments were not affected by that shot, he must be Superman.

I'm sure the thigh injury is a cover story so other teams do not think we are major league desperate while we search for his replacement.

ok start throwing the rocks but I call it as I see it

blame it on Coughlin........why did he not have another place kicker on the roster for garbage time when you have The Family Guy blocking for him