SportsWrath

Antrell Rolle and Corey Webster Restructure contracts

Dragon

Are Bonus checks a way around the cap? or does it count against the cap?

Bonus's are spread out over the time of the contract.

so say I am earning 5 mil a year and my contract is for 3 more years. I count 5mil against the cap right now. The team needs to free up some cap room. SO I Ngotiate for them to lower my salary to 1 mil this year and I will take a 4 mil bonus. I get that 4 mil bonus now but the cap charge for that 4 mil is spread out of the 3 years.

so instead on counting 5 mil toward the cap I now count 2.34 mil against the cap this year. I didn't lose any money but the team gained 2.66 mil in cap space.

so basically they are taking the risk of getting butt rape if they get injured and cut... they are seriously team players.

Not really as far as I understand it. The value of the bonus is spread over the life of the contract but the bonus is given to them now. The team is actually taking the risk because if Rolle got injured tomorrow and they wanted to cut him they would have paid out 4 million in a bonus that they otherwise would not have had to pay if he were cut before the season started.

so basically they are taking the risk of getting butt rape if they get injured and cut... they are seriously team players.

No, quite the opposite - they get their cash now instead of waiting for it to be paid as salary. Had they been cut during the season, they never would have seen some of that money.

Giants should take a collection at one of the home games from the fans for every player who restructures like this to help the team.

If everyone at the game ponied up just a dollar, that be at least 75-80 grand.

But I agree, I'll be pissed if they're doing this for Osi.

Giants should take a collection at one of the home games from the fans for every player who restructures like this to help the team.

If everyone at the game ponied up just a dollar, that be at least 75-80 grand.

But I agree, I'll be pissed if they're doing this for Osi.

A collection basket??? You mean the steep ticket price?? Giants has one of the most expensive ticket price in the league. It's the salary cap they have to deal with.

Why didn't Eli re-structure a bit.......its his contract and Vick's prison sentence that allowed the Eagles to do this to us

Because he is making only 8 million this year. If you are going to be a mongo at least be a knowledgeable one.