SportsWrath

Eagles tried to get Moss too

Treehugger

Report: Eagles reached out to WR Moss after he filed papers

Turns out recently retired Randy Moss had a few employment options.

The Philadelphia Eagles made an offer to Moss shortly after he retired, and the New England Patriots were open to the receiver returning, the Boston Herald reported Wednesday, citing sources.

Once Moss made up his mind, apparently that was it. He filed his retirement papers with the NFL immediately after his decision. However, he could file unretirement papers, a la the unsigned Tiki Barber.

Moss was in Boston recently and visited Patriots owner Robert Kraft to offer condolences about his wife's passing. The Herald reported the gesture helped smooth over some hard feelings to the point there was casual talk of a Moss return -- until the club acquired Chad Ochocinco.

My link

Yeah....I thought that was weird as well. There's a story on PFT that says the Eagles won't talk about what's wrong with Jeremy Maclin and I wonder if it isn't something serious.

Here's their story:

One reason that the Eagles may have made an offer to Randy Moss? They still don’t know what’s going on with Jeremy Maclin.

Or at least they aren’t telling anyone.

Maclin is working out on the side of practice after returning to the team Tuesday. The Eagles still won’t say what the mysterious illness is that has bothered Maclin since March.

Andy Reid said that doctors are “upbeat” about Maclin, but all tests aren’t in yet.

Translation: We’re stonewalling.

This issue has plagued Maclin for months. It’s enough of a concern to keep him out of the start of training camp after dealing with it for months.