SportsWrath

Do you want Osi to stay or go

JackStroud

Thumbs up or down on keeping Osi  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would like to see Osi Reamin a NY Giant

if he gets injured he will suffer the fate of ohara and seubert

I agreee with Osi on this faux contract deal........only the gauranteed money counts

He already pocketed $21,000,000.00 over the last 3 years alone.

He already pocketed $21,000,000.00 over the last 3 years alone.

When he signed that contract he was one of the best paid DEs. So because the value of a DE is magnified he wants more money on the tail end? From a team already over the cap and needing room? What exactly did Osi think was going to happen? The more I think about it the more I think this entire situation is being manufactured by Osi.

When he signed that contract he was one of the best paid DEs. So because the value of a DE is magnified he wants more money on the tail end? From a team already over the cap and needing room? What exactly did Osi think was going to happen? The more I think about it the more I think this entire situation is being manufactured by Osi.

The sad part is he knows our cap situation.. it's like he has no loyalty.. and all greed. he signed a $41M contract.. how much more do you want? Honestly I don't think I want Osi back on the team anymore... he does more talking than playing and it's sad for once a favorite of mine.

The sad part is he knows our cap situation.. it's like he has no loyalty.. and all greed. he signed a $41M contract.. how much more do you want? Honestly I don't think I want Osi back on the team anymore... he does more talking than playing and it's sad for once a favorite of mine.

Kudos on repeating my point. He knows he has no chance at getting more money with the Giants which is why the Giants told him to go out and find a trade partner. And they know he can't find it. Sure there are plenty of teams willing to take him on with his current contract. The Giants would be one of those teams too.

I hope the front office and Osi can reach a compromise. But business is business. There isn't any loyalty between team and player and if Osi feels he's outperforming his current contract and wants to try and get a raise more power to him. The team doesn't hesitate to release a player if they're underperforming so all is equal if you ask me. Osi has the ability to take over a game from time to time but as others have alluded to on this board, he can be a bit one dimensional and can be taken out of plays and games altogether on his bad days. I wouldn't call him "elite" but he's still a damn good player and brings a unique element to the pass rush and defense.

I just want the soap opera to end as soon as possible. We haven't seen our team beat the Eagles in six tries and they are better on paper today than they have ever been. This isn't the way to start a year if you're trying to reestablish yourself as a divisional and conference force.

Don't reward Osi for crying But pay him next year if he performs well and give Tuck double what they give Osi unless JPP gets 10+ sacks and dominates then we can screw Osi over or trade him for a 2 and a 5.

I don't know if there is a Monster.com for GMs but you should really try and find it

Giants MUST keep Osi.

Look with Shockey, he was a washed up, injured player at a replaceable position.

Tiki? Star but again, interchangeable position.

Osi? He is a pro bowler pass rusher, this is a very important and difficult position which you really can't plug in somebody like at RB.

This is compounded by us already losing Cofield, you lose Cofield+Osi in one offseason, your DL takes a hit. I don't care about our "depth" because injuries occur, and we cannot go easy on the DL because our linebackers are average.

Giants treat Osi like he is Shockey they are making a big mistake.

Giants MUST keep Osi.

Look with Shockey, he was a washed up, injured player at a replaceable position.

Tiki? Star but again, interchangeable position.

Osi? He is a pro bowler pass rusher, this is a very important and difficult position which you really can't plug in somebody like at RB.

This is compounded by us already losing Cofield, you lose Cofield+Osi in one offseason, your DL takes a hit. I don't care about our "depth" because injuries occur, and we cannot go easy on the DL because our linebackers are average.

Giants treat Osi like he is Shockey they are making a big mistake.

We took a much MUCH bigger hit in 2008, and still had a decent season from our line. Lost both starting DEs, and only fell off because the remaining TWO were worn down.

Look, we drafted Joseph and Austin to be starters, not career backups; and it sounds like we got starters. And before I hear that DTs need a couple of years to develop, I'll remind you that Cofield became our starter his rookie season. We have Canty, who seemed to be much better last year than the previous year. We just signed Gabe Watson--who would make a nice 4th. We're in better shape at DT than we were in 2008, and 2009 for that matter. We were prepared in the event that Cofield moved on.

In 2008 we lost Osi and a HOF'er in Strahan. We had to replace them with Tuck, a Kiwi coming back from injury after playing LB the previous season, and Tollefson. I'm not ripping those guys: they did yeoman's work that season, but still that is a world of difference in talent from year to year. This year we have to worry about replacing one starter at DE, possibly, and have Kiwi and JPP to do it.

We were never going to be able to keep four all-world DEs indefinitely. Not possible. And I agree that a healthy, HAPPY Osi is an asset to any team. But that doesn't appear to be happening, so we may as well cut our losses if we can get what we want.