SportsWrath

Which coach would YOU play for?

Guest StrahansGap

And then proceeded to win a SB......lol

See, Id probably say the same thing Strahan said. But id have mad respect for TC because that strict discipline paid off.

Being a jerk and Winning the SB are not related... TC is old school.. sorry that mentality should not apply nowadays. Personally... I bust my ass when I feel respected... and I think that holds true for a lot of people.

Being a jerk and Winning the SB are not related... TC is old school.. sorry that mentality should not apply nowadays. Personally... I bust my ass when I feel respected... and I think that holds true for a lot of people.

Oh, most definitely. But you consider running a tight ship, disrespecting players?

Oh, most definitely. But you consider running a tight ship, disrespecting players?

Players are not school children.. and even those I speak to with respect... TC treats them like he owns the team.. he doesn't.

Players are not school children.. and even those I speak to with respect... TC treats them like he owns the team.. he doesn't.

A HC should act with owbership. He wants the best product ojn the field, much like the owner does.

Im not saying Rex CANT win one, he just hasnt yet. So its all just hot air until then.

wait, who here attends giants team meetings and is on the sidelines during the games?

how do we know he speaks to them like children or treats them like he owns the team.

I took Strahan's incident as a clue...

so you took strahan getting fined for not being 5 minutes early(i agree that is stupid) and gathered that he talks to the players like children?

No. It was a general statement... having heard the comparisons and what not. If you recall the SB documentary.. Strahan praised him for changing.. for softening up to his players.. etc.

You play to win championships, therefore I'd play for Coughlin.

you really think Coughlin would have won that Championship without Spagnuolo?

We will likely never win another with this guy at the helm........he brings everybody down mon'

The only one who pretends to like him is Eli, and thats pure political BS

I could stomach the guy just a bit more if he would remain calm and collected on the sidelines..........every two minutes the cameras cut to Coughlin cursing, gesturing, throwing tantrums........thats ok once in a while but if done constantly its a real turnoff

I'd rather play for Coughlin. Rex is an emotional rollercoaster and there are no tracks.

I would really rather play for Marvin Lewis because no matter what I do, that check is still coming to me.

Dick Vermeil.

Always had success and took the shitty Eagles to the SB along with flipping a shitty Rams team and making a power house offense. Really good players coach as well, all his previous players had nothing but good things to say about the guy.

But to actually answer your question between Coughlin and Sexy Rexy?

I dont know, I would lean towards Coughlin because of the SB success and the chance of the repeat however I think if I just wanted to have a "fun" time I would go with Rexy.

Guest StrahansGap

I think this entire argument is based on the changing times. Back when I played high school football in the 90's, I had a coach just like Coughlin. He didn't take any shit and nobody fucked around in practice. He ran a tight para-military squad and the players respected him... including me. But as the years went by, kids became more spoiled and had a much worse work ethic. Hard work and dedication soon yielded to comfortability and laziness. He knew it (i had a number of conversations with him about it , years after graduating). He retired before he wanted to, because of it. Those kids from that era are now in the NFL and they have been very vocal in their likes and dislikes. Spoiled little fucking brats if you ask me.

Only a select few players react positively to the old school regimes. Eli being one of them. His dad plyed in the nfl and was from the old school mold. Now, they are few and far between.....