SportsWrath

Well....David Carr is back with the Giants

BleedinBlue

Sounds to me as if the Giants are shedding as much salary as possible.

QB David Carr announced via his Twitter account that he is returning to the Giants.

The 32-year-old backup played for the team in 2008 and 2009 before heading to San Francisco last season. Carr played in nine games for the Giants, throwing just 45 passes.

“NY, round 2, can’t wait to get back, Great Staff, Great Players, Best Fans in the game…and what an amazing city. 2much 2 pass up,” Carr Tweeted.

The Giants already have three QBs on their roster: Eli Manning, Sage Rosenfels and Ryan Perrilloux.

Carr’s acquisition could eventually be bad news for Rosenfels, who for the time being remains on the roster. He is slated to make $3 million this season.

-------------

Giants have also brought in another offensive lineman yesterday for try outs. C Josh Beekman (Chicago Bears) and have been talking to TE Ben Patrick (Arizona Cardinals)

Sage is a better backup and is journeyman-type starter material. I wonder if Reese is planning on dealing him (Sage) for a late-round pick or servicable backup at another position?

Carr is the better backup.

You think? Sage actually had starter duty in Texas and was pretty good, and he clearly outplayed Tavaris Jackson and should have been the starter in Minnesota.

Carr couldn't beat out Alex Smith and whoever took over when Alex Smith sucked.

I always thought of Carr as the classic pre season hero.

As a late and very dear friend of mine used to say, "H that boy is too much for radio and not enough for TV" --- done in a solid Athens, Georgia accent of course.

I think there might be some truth to that but regardless let them compete. It is good for everyone around them as well if it adds some juice in second half of pre season games.

I think Carr is more experienced and seasoned. He started how many years behind the worst offensive line in the history of the NFL? Given some protection, he showed flashes of why he was a #1 pick, even during the regular season. 30-45 300 some yards 3 TDs and no INTs? That's not shabby.

What exactly has Rosenfels ever done?

I always thought of Carr as the classic pre season hero.

As a late and very dear friend of mine used to say, "H that boy is too much for radio and not enough for TV" --- done in a solid Athens, Georgia accent of course.

I think there might be some truth to that but regardless let them compete. It is good for everyone around them as well if it adds some juice in second half of pre season games.

I think we missed out on Vince Young... Granted Eli is durable..

You think? Sage actually had starter duty in Texas and was pretty good, and he clearly outplayed Tavaris Jackson and should have been the starter in Minnesota.

Carr couldn't beat out Alex Smith and whoever took over when Alex Smith sucked.

Like Booyah mentioned above.....tough to judge based on the situation in San Fran.

I think Carr or Rosenfels is fine, but I thought Carr did well in the limited chances he got with the Giants.