SportsWrath

Boss, Kiwi, Bradshaw, Smith and Cofield

hlb37

My choices would be Cofield and Smith.

The other 3 wold be hard to give up but in the end, Boss is probably more replacable than the others. The league has lots of good solid tight ends out there. You know there will be some movement in that area of the market and the Giants could pick up somebody decent.

I always feel Kiwi has been hard done by, I'd let him go so that he can go somewhere where the depth chart isn't as stacked as ours, and let him be a starter elsewhere. Bradshaw scares me right now, because i see a running back that has discovered fumblitis and i think his body is in stage one of breaking down.

Smith's skill set as a receiver is so necessary for this team, to me he's a no brainer. I think most people think would look at Cofield and say he's not much, but I think he's as key as the other guys. He had a great season last year, and his strength is against the run. IMO, he's better than Canty and we backed up a Brinks truck to pay that guy.

I think the best way to answer this would be, if you were another team, who would the first guy off this list you would pick. And I think Cofield will be gone within an hour of free agency starting. Hell, I'm betting he will be.

You're my boy, Boo! I didn't read far enough down to see how geniuses such as ourselves think alike.

If you have only two choices you have to go with the players that are the least replaceable. We all saw how our offense sputtered with out Steve Smith. Smith has a knack for finding holes in the secondary and just plain old getting open. He's not flashy but he sustains drives. He's our Wes Welker.

And Chris Canty is overpaid and sucks, you got that right. He was one of those guys that only played well against the Giants so we, for some reason, broke the bank for him to get him on our team. :confused:

You'll resign Bradshaw, Smith, and Boss.

Boss won't command much money. Blocking te's are a dime a dozen, and a te who avg's about 30 catches a year isn't going to score big in fa.

Bradshaw can be explosive so he's hard to let go, his fumble problem may keep his price down enough to budget.

You'll resign Bradshaw, Smith, and Boss.

Boss won't command much money. Blocking te's are a dime a dozen, and a te who avg's about 30 catches a year isn't going to score big in fa.

Bradshaw can be explosive so he's hard to let go, his fumble problem may keep his price down enough to budget.

I have a very good feeling Bradshaw will not suffer from fumbilitis.. my guess is he'll change the way he carries the ball the same way Tiki did.. and quite frankly it's not easy to hold on to the ball when you have pads between your body and the ball.. you lose the "feel" for the ball...

I have a very good feeling Bradshaw will not suffer from fumbilitis.. my guess is he'll change the way he carries the ball the same way Tiki did.. and quite frankly it's not easy to hold on to the ball when you have pads between your body and the ball.. you lose the "feel" for the ball...

all coughlin did for tiki was change how he held the ball.

one would think that would be a focus for every rb that comes to the team.

and here you are again, wondering if bradshaw has a fumble problem.

I'm thinking, if it could've been fixed, it would've been by now.

He was a starter all of one yr. Thats the yr he had his fumble problem.

The real question is, one would wonder why the crapboys havent figured out Marion Barber is not good. lol

He was a starter all of one yr. Thats the yr he had his fumble problem.

The real question is, one would wonder why the crapboys havent figured out Marion Barber is not good. lol

he's always had an issue, relative to the number of carries.

I'll give you that.. we didn't have to wait till the season is over to correct a very correctable problem.. but as you understand there are quite a few not-so-bright people in high positions out there.. just look at our previous president :rimshot:

You're my boy, Boo! I didn't read far enough down to see how geniuses such as ourselves think alike.

If you have only two choices you have to go with the players that are the least replaceable. We all saw how our offense sputtered with out Steve Smith. Smith has a knack for finding holes in the secondary and just plain old getting open. He's not flashy but he sustains drives. He's our Wes Welker.

And Chris Canty is overpaid and sucks, you got that right. He was one of those guys that only played well against the Giants so we, for some reason, broke the bank for him to get him on our team. :confused:

Remember that first line next time you call me a dumbass :thumbs:

you've actually been in agreement with most of my posts. :smartass:

Yeah, I take what other fans say into consideration nearly as much as I have succumbed to Giant homerism. I've been known to agree with the Dog at times, too. Him and I see eye to eye on Jacobs, especially.

I always thought Italian hotdog was a good contributer to sportswrath

HLB thinks using the 3rd person when one refers to oneself has a certain fuck you quality all of its own.

HLB has always secretly admired the Italian Hotdog's use of this modest form of literary insult.

Smith and Kiwi. Smith is a very sure handed receiver and consistent nightmare for opponents. Kiwi prior to injury last year was looking like a complete monster. My only issue with him is his health.

Smith and Kiwi. Smith is a very sure handed receiver and consistent nightmare for opponents. Kiwi prior to injury last year was looking like a complete monster. My only issue with him is his health.

I LOVE Kiwi, but with JPP, I think that kid has much more potential. I think he'll be reaching it soon too.

I think it has to be Boss and Smith.

Boss has nobody behind him except Pascoe, I think the lack of viable TEs makes him the no brainer 1st choice. Plus he's tailor-made for the Giants version of Gilbride's offense.

Smith has more depth behind him, but he's still the most irreplaceable free agent on the offense.

Bradshaw has fumblitis and injury concerns. I wouldn't give him the money he probably thinks he's worth.

Kiwi I'm pretty high on (I think he was better at LB than most of you do... and he'd be a motherfucker playing outside in a 3-4), but I think he wants a chance to start and will walk regardless of the Giants offer. Cofield is good (4 sacks for a DT is fairly good pressure), but there's so much talent around and behind him, he's clearly the most replaceable guy in the thread subject.

I think it has to be Boss and Smith.

Boss has nobody behind him except Pascoe, I think the lack of viable TEs makes him the no brainer 1st choice. Plus he's tailor-made for the Giants version of Gilbride's offense.

Smith has more depth behind him, but he's still the most irreplaceable free agent on the offense.

Bradshaw has fumblitis and injury concerns. I wouldn't give him the money he probably thinks he's worth.

Kiwi I'm pretty high on (I think he was better at LB than most of you do... and he'd be a motherfucker playing outside in a 3-4), but I think he wants a chance to start and will walk regardless of the Giants offer. Cofield is good (4 sacks for a DT is fairly good pressure), but there's so much talent around and behind him, he's clearly the most replaceable guy in the thread subject.

You're nuts. You have Canty and that's it. He's average at best. Other than that you have Rocky Bernard and a few more or less rookies (Joseph will be 2nd year but with barely stepping on the field, he's essentially a rookie still). Cofield is the MOST irreplaceable guy.

You're nuts. You have Canty and that's it. He's average at best. Other than that you have Rocky Bernard and a few more or less rookies (Joseph will be 2nd year but with barely stepping on the field, he's essentially a rookie still). Cofield is the MOST irreplaceable guy.

Your right that Coefield is a beast and has been great for us, but your underestimating our stud youngsters