SportsWrath

Boss, Kiwi, Bradshaw, Smith and Cofield

hlb37

If you want our defense against the run to be non existant, you get rid of Cofield. I'll leave it at that.

Fair enough that could be the case, but I think Reese will let him go because he beleivea Joseph can be the guy to help stop the rub and free things up for Eveyone

Fair enough that could be the case, but I think Reese will let him go because he beleivea Joseph can be the guy to help stop the rub and free things up for Eveyone

Yes, a second year player that barely stepped on the field last year will come in, wet behind the ears, and dominate the line of scrimmage like Cofield does.

I thought we were talking about this year? We need Cofield for the immediate present if we want to continue to make runs at the SB. A tight end of Boss's caliber is out there, he can be replace if necessary. And you've seen the great luck we've had at acquiring FA defensive tackles. Other than Big Freddie Robbins, we've had no luck.

Not sure why Canty gets all that hate on here. Dude is pretty damn good at his job, which is taking up blockers for guys like Osi, Tuck, JPP and Cofield can get sacks.

Cofield is replaceable. He's gonna get overpaid severely...so is Kiwi and he's pretty overrated too.

Not sure why Canty gets all that hate on here. Dude is pretty damn good at his job, which is taking up blockers for guys like Osi, Tuck, JPP and Cofield can get sacks.

Cofield is replaceable. He's gonna get overpaid severely...so is Kiwi and he's pretty overrated too.

You mean like Canty and Bernard are overpaid? :rolleyes:

I'd rather overpay a guy who actually does something.

Lol we know Coefield is a savage, but sometimes you just have to part ways and Coefield is gone.

It makes way more sense to part ways with a tight end we don't even utilize and of which there will be a replacement in free agency.

It makes way more sense to part ways with a tight end we don't even utilize and of which there will be a replacement in free agency.

I agree with the second part, I'd rather get a new TE since

Boss has

Concussion problems and we can find an equal replacement for him, I can't see us resigning Coefield though unless we cut Canty somehow, and btw Canty is definitely above average

Why pay a different TE in free agency? I don't think Boss will command a king's ransom in free agency, so might as well just resign our guy, who's familiar with the system. Overall, I think our TE's are unimpressive after Boss and I would support bringing in a second free agent TE that could play in two TE sets and be insurance for Boss, given the injury history there. I doubt it would happen, but there's also no logic in letting Boss walk to sign another TE for what will likely be similar or more money. I think a guy like Bo Scaife or Dante Rosario could be good fits here and both are free agents. For information, the prize UFA TE's are Zach Miller (OAK), Kellen Winslow, and Randy McMichael.

Why pay a different TE in free agency? I don't think Boss will command a king's ransom in free agency, so might as well just resign our guy, who's familiar with the system. Overall, I think our TE's are unimpressive after Boss and I would support bringing in a second free agent TE that could play in two TE sets and be insurance for Boss, given the injury history there. I doubt it would happen, but there's also no logic in letting Boss walk to sign another TE for what will likely be similar or more money. I think a guy like Bo Scaife or Dante Rosario could be good fits here and both are free agents. For information, the prize UFA TE's are Zach Miller (OAK), Kellen Winslow, and Randy McMichael.

I don't believe Winslow is available,Tampa signed him to a six year deal in 2009. Marcedes Lewis has been franchised by Jacksonville, Randy McMichael is not that good. Owen Daniels is the best TE available. I don't think we need another TE though. We have Pascoe, who fits what we do, Boss is a decent red zone target.

Well, you can only choose two out of the guys that were listed....lol. I'm choosing Smith and Cofield. That's why, in that scenario we'd have to pay a different TE in free agency.

Again, if we are going to pay a free agent TE, we might as well pay Boss. Boss is not going to break the bank, his performance isn't going to pay him in the top 5 of all TE's in the NFL. Might as well pay him if we are going to pay anyone. There is no reason why we can't resign Boss and resign Smith and Cofield. But I agree with some of the others, I think Cofield is a goner. I'm hoping for Smith and Kiwi to sign reasonable contracts so they can re-establish their value.

Again, if we are going to pay a free agent TE, we might as well pay Boss. Boss is not going to break the bank, his performance isn't going to pay him in the top 5 of all TE's in the NFL. Might as well pay him if we are going to pay anyone. There is no reason why we can't resign Boss and resign Smith and Cofield. But I agree with some of the others, I think Cofield is a goner. I'm hoping for Smith and Kiwi to sign reasonable contracts so they can re-establish their value.

Well, then you're missing the main idea behind the thread. He said if you can ONLY choose 2 of those out of that list to resign, who are they? Mine certainly isn't Boss, despite the fact we might not have to pay him as much as some of the others. I choose the two most important pieces to the team over the tight end who wouldn't command a lot of money and is easily replaced by another tight end who equally wouldn't command a lot of money.

Oh. Well I guess I'm not playing by the rules then! :D

I guess if I were to pick two, it's going to be Bradshaw and Smith. But realistically, I think Boss, Smith, and Bradshaw will all resign, Cofield is gone, and we have a coin flip chance of resigning Kiwi.

Oh. Well I guess I'm not playing by the rules then! :D

I guess if I were to pick two, it's going to be Bradshaw and Smith. But realistically, I think Boss, Smith, and Bradshaw will all resign, Cofield is gone, and we have a coin flip chance of resigning Kiwi.

Ya, you're right though, chances are we'd be able to afford Boss. I don't think Kiwi would want to be a Giant though, he's totally gotten the shaft since the day he was drafted...