SportsWrath

Boss, Kiwi, Bradshaw, Smith and Cofield

hlb37

If rumors of an impending compromise between the small and big market NFL owners are true, these 5 will automatically become unrestricted free agents.

If you could afford only two, who would they be??

For me Boss is clearly number 1 here. He is an accomplished in-line blocker and brings a decent presence to the passing game. To me the line and a blocking tight end are ALWAYS more important than the RB position.

Number two was not as obvious, but I think I would go with Cofield here. Again winning at the point of attack ( line play ) is the key to both a good Offense and a good Defense.

I'm not going to include Smith because I think he is going to come back on a short team friendly contract based on the injury.

Boss is clearly the #1. Like you said he has progressed really well as a blocker and can make big drive extending catches and has held on to a ton of balls that he easily could have lost because of a big hit right after making the catch. After him....Kiwi adds a dimension to the defense being he can go from a down line position or step back and create confusion pre-snap. I'd target him #2.

Agreed, Boss is clearly #1. Im not comfortable with any other TE. Beckam hasnt played enough. And as said, he is a pretty darn good in line blocker.

#2 is real tough, because although our WR's are good and fairly deep, Smith has been money, especially in the slot, for years. Hasnt complained about money ever and is oh so reliable. Like Osi up above said, we have 2 young DT's that can probably contribute right away, but how valuable has Cofield been? REAL valuable. Hard to see that guy go.

Ahmad and Kiwi, although I love them, I think we got adequate if not more than adequate replacements for em.

I'm not going to include Smith because I think he is going to come back on a short team friendly contract based on the injury.

Great point.

One thing is sure, FA will be crazy if the rumor pans out. You would basically have a pool that is 2 1/2 to 3 times larger than normal.

One of my buddies and I are probably going to put a 50 spot on the bottom 8 long shots to win it all the day an announcement is made. After week 8 we will look to dump 4 or 5 teams. My guess is we will get our money back and get a free look at 2 teams going into the playoffs.

I'd love Boss to come back, but his head scares me. The dude seems to get crushed every time he catches the ball and I'm not sure his head can take much more. I guess i'd still have him #2 on the list since we have no other TEs other than Pascoe.

Smith would be #1, but i'm figuring he comes back to eventually be 100%

Cofield can take a walk. don't like him. the guy doesn't get nearly enough pressure up the middle considering who he is surrounded by. i think he's extremely overvalued by Giants fans, and that we have 2 kids who will be way better. that dance he does is fucking stupid as all hell too. the slob gets 1-2 sacks a year and acts like he just won the fucking SB

I'd love Boss to come back, but his head scares me. The dude seems to get crushed every time he catches the ball and I'm not sure his head can take much more. I guess i'd still have him #2 on the list since we have no other TEs other than Pascoe.

Smith would be #1, but i'm figuring he comes back to eventually be 100%

Cofield can take a walk. don't like him. the guy doesn't get nearly enough pressure up the middle considering who he is surrounded by. i think he's extremely overvalued by Giants fans, and that we have 2 kids who will be way better. that dance he does is fucking stupid as all hell too. the slob gets 1-2 sacks a year and acts like he just won the fucking SB

I am not that big on Coefield either, only 4 sacks last year and 54 tackles, with our line and scheme those numbers should be alot higher. He got moved quite easily in the run game too. Like has been said we have two young guys, that can replace him. Austin is the true 3 tech that we need. The two guys for me would be Boss, and Smith.

Smith and Bradshaw.... Smith is valuable.. and I'm not one who things an injury that's had time to heal is going to destroy the dude's career.. and Smith is a GREAT team player.

And then Bradshaw.. little dude got heart.

Boss is average at best.. Cofield I like a lot but the two I selected come head... and Kiwi.. well I like him too but he's also average... although not his fault he's been all over the place in terms of position.

Smith and Bradshaw.... Smith is valuable.. and I'm not one who things an injury that's had time to heal is going to destroy the dude's career.. and Smith is a GREAT team player.

And then Bradshaw.. little dude got heart.

Boss is average at best.. Cofield I like a lot but the two I selected come head... and Kiwi.. well I like him too but he's also average... although not his fault he's been all over the place in terms of position.

Boss and Kiwi are average? I dont think so. Kiwi is hella valuable being that he can play 2 positions.

Boss and Kiwi are average? I dont think so. Kiwi is hella valuable being that he can play 2 positions.

I do... because Kiwi can't play both positions at once.. and at each position.. he's pretty average. Yea he's versatile.. but I'd rather have an impact player at each of those positions.

I do... because Kiwi can't play both positions at once.. and at each position.. he's pretty average. Yea he's versatile.. but I'd rather have an impact player at each of those positions.

Kiwi wasnt average at DE, far from it in all honesty.

It's just he has had very little playing time behind guys like Tuck and Strahan. I guarantee you the day FA opens up Kiwi is getting starting money somewhere and he will be in the pro-bowl before we know it.

smith and bradshaw.

If they kep Bradshaw, I think once the fumbles are cured, he'll be Tiki like( minus the trash talkin' lol). I love Ahmad. Its just that behind our Oline, and possibly paired w/ Jacobs, the others on our roster could be very procuctive. Im interested to see this Da'Rel Scott kid.

It's just he has had very little playing time behind guys like Tuck and Strahan. I guarantee you the day FA opens up Kiwi is getting starting money somewhere and he will be in the pro-bowl before we know it.

Agreed, he did very well when he played DE.

If they kep Bradshaw, I think once the fumbles are cured, he'll be Tiki like( minus the trash talkin' lol). I love Ahmad. Its just that behind our Oline, and possibly paired w/ Jacobs, the others on our roster could be very procuctive. Im interested to see this Da'Rel Scott kid.

I love the Darel Scott pick

My choices would be Cofield and Smith.

The other 3 wold be hard to give up but in the end, Boss is probably more replacable than the others. The league has lots of good solid tight ends out there. You know there will be some movement in that area of the market and the Giants could pick up somebody decent.

I always feel Kiwi has been hard done by, I'd let him go so that he can go somewhere where the depth chart isn't as stacked as ours, and let him be a starter elsewhere. Bradshaw scares me right now, because i see a running back that has discovered fumblitis and i think his body is in stage one of breaking down.

Smith's skill set as a receiver is so necessary for this team, to me he's a no brainer. I think most people think would look at Cofield and say he's not much, but I think he's as key as the other guys. He had a great season last year, and his strength is against the run. IMO, he's better than Canty and we backed up a Brinks truck to pay that guy.

I think the best way to answer this would be, if you were another team, who would the first guy off this list you would pick. And I think Cofield will be gone within an hour of free agency starting. Hell, I'm betting he will be.

smith and bradshaw.

Agreed, both are 1,000 yard players at their respective positions, smith has proven time and again to be Eli's safety net. Losing either or both of those players would be a huge and imediate loss to the Giants. Smith is irreplaceable, perhaps Jacobs could regain his old form with more carries, perhaps not, but as nas said, dude is all heart, he fumbles but I'd take an ounce of heart over a pound of talent.

As someone else mentioned, Boss' head injuries scare me, it's getting to the point the guy needs to consider leaving the game, great player and I love his game, but he is taking serious shots to the head and getting concussions a lot.

I've already come to terms that Kiwi's days as a Giant are numbered.

If rumors of an impending compromise between the small and big market NFL owners are true, these 5 will automatically become unrestricted free agents.

If you could afford only two, who would they be??

For me Boss is clearly number 1 here. He is an accomplished in-line blocker and brings a decent presence to the passing game. To me the line and a blocking tight end are ALWAYS more important than the RB position.

Number two was not as obvious, but I think I would go with Cofield here. Again winning at the point of attack ( line play ) is the key to both a good Offense and a good Defense.

If I only have two I'm choosing Steve Smith and Barry Cofield. Boss would be the easiest to replace, IMO. He's a good tight end, probably top ten in the league, but for how often we use him, he isn't worth it over Smith and Cofield.

And to those scoffing at Cofields 54 tackles and 4 sacks....that's GOOD for a defensive tackle. A lot of experts thought he was a Pro Bowl snub.

BTW, who are these defensive tackles we are replacing them with? Chris Canty.....and......and.....and.....? Who? Rocky Bernard? LMAO. The fact is, you've seen nothing from Linval Joseph as of yet....you've seen nothing from Marvin Austin as of yet....Chris Canty isn't that good.....and Rocky Bernard sucks. Who is going to come in and play at a level even close to Barry Cofield?? The defense NEEDS Barry Cofield this season. You guys are nuts for wanting to keep Boss ahead of Cofield. I think we could pencil in Bear Pascoe as the starting TE and not miss a beat.

That said, the tight end isn't utilized enough in Gilbride's offense.

Agreed, both are 1,000 yard players at their respective positions, smith has proven time and again to be Eli's safety net. Losing either or both of those players would be a huge and imediate loss to the Giants. Smith is irreplaceable, perhaps Jacobs could regain his old form with more carries, perhaps not, but as nas said, dude is all heart, he fumbles but I'd take an ounce of heart over a pound of talent.

As someone else mentioned, Boss' head injuries scare me, it's getting to the point the guy needs to consider leaving the game, great player and I love his game, but he is taking serious shots to the head and getting concussions a lot.

I've already come to terms that Kiwi's days as a Giant are numbered.

shit man thats crazy because thats 100% exactly how I feel about the situation in every way mentioned is the exact way i look at it

Strahan hasn't been here in a while.. and Osi is no superstar.. I like Kiwi but I asked to select two players from the list.