SportsWrath

LeSean McCoy: "Osi is overrated and soft"

JMFP

The NFL lockout has brought to the surface some boiling blood between Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora and Eagles running back LeSean McCoy, players on arch-rival teams who clearly have no use for each other.

McCoy, after hearing that Umenyiora in a sworn affidavit accused the Giants of reneging on as promise to either produce a new contract or else trade him, ripped the veteran by tweeting Umenyiora is “Overrated n soft’’ and only the Giants third best defensive lineman.

This, Umenyiora said Friday, is not going to end well for McCoy, who opened his mouth on the field last season but has now made the mistake of going public.

“The first game we played them that’s when it started and the second game it really escalated,’’ said Umenyiora, who accused McCoy of ripping into his African heritage. “He’s taken it to a different level now with these comments he’s making. I really believe that was something between me and him on the football field and that’s something me and him were supposed to keep on the football field. He commented in a very inappropriate manner at a very inappropriate time. He’s going to pay for that. That was just stupid.

“He said a couple of things he shouldn’t have said. I’m not going to play innocent now, I got into it with him, too, now. I definitely called him a couple of names also. He said some things he shouldn’t have said and now he’s taking it to a different level.

“It’s definitely personal between me and him.’’

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/umenyiora_threatens_eagles_rb_M2Rw3MSWGtVQqEhVxR5ZQJ#ixzz1PuzhtkTb

I think Osi takes too much criticism in that department. Osi is a good player. Everybody wants every defensive end in NY to be Strahan. Strahan is an all-time great, and there are not many DE's on any team that defenses the pass and the running game at an elite level. Nobody gives Jared Allen a bunch of crap, they laud him as a great player. But he's pretty much just a great pass rusher, and not nearly as great against the run. Can't we just appreciate Osi for what he is? Plus, I thought he did a pretty good job against the run last year.

If Osi gets a shot at this guy, I feel bad for McCoy. He's going to jack him up.

if, if, if...

if osi isn't nursing some injury when they play...

if osi doesn't whine his way out of NY before then...

if osi isn't 14 yards deep in the backfield every play....

the dog thinks there are a lot of ifs to be addressed on all of this...

if, if, if...

True dog, but after all this, he's still accomplished more than McCoy. McCoy is good, and will be a good player for the eagles for a while. But shut your mouth until you do something in ths league.

Fuck him up Osi. :smartass:

The RB who has helped the Eagles fuck us up for the last two years.

Thats why I said hes good and will help the egirls in the future. But TT92 is right, keep your mouth closed if the guy youre talkin about has accomplished so much more.

Thats why I said hes good and will help the egirls in the future. But TT92 is right, keep your mouth closed if the guy youre talkin about has accomplished so much more.

If he was trash talking about what Osi has accomplished then I would agree, but McCoy is saying Osi's overrated and soft. When you look back on Osi's injury plagued career then I would agree, Osi isnt a bruiser player he's a finesse pass rusher who isnt know for making any sort of big hit.

The overrated thing can go either way, I personally think Osi is over rated by the media but is still a very good DE.

If he was trash talking about what Osi has accomplished then I would agree, but McCoy is saying Osi's overrated and soft. When you look back on Osi's injury plagued career then I would agree, Osi isnt a bruiser player he's a finesse pass rusher who isnt know for making any sort of big hit.

The overrated thing can go either way, I personally think Osi is over rated by the media but is still a very good DE.

I wouldnt say he's soft, but mayne a tad overrated by the media.

if, if, if...

If the GIants don't play the Eagles late in the season when Osi inevitably falls off.

Definitely not a player that comes on strong when needed.

And you guys are nuts, Mccoy is already a hell of a running back. I'd rather have him over either Bradshaw or Jacobs. 1000 yard rusher with 7 touchdowns, a LEGITIMATE threat in the passing game (78 receptions, nearly 600 yards), and *gasp* 2, yes, 2 (!) fumbles in 2 years.

All in only 15 games and a 5.2 ypc average.

And you guys are nuts, Mccoy is already a hell of a running back. I'd rather have him over either Bradshaw or Jacobs. 1000 yard rusher with 7 touchdowns, a LEGITIMATE threat in the passing game (78 receptions, nearly 600 yards), and *gasp* 2, yes, 2 (!) fumbles in 2 years.

All in only 15 games and a 5.2 ypc average.

Thats nothin' compared to Jacobs 5.4 YPC a couple years back......................... :P

you know what, i'm glad this McCoy kid said what he said,,,,, gonna give extra fire power to the whole Defense to go head hunting...

like the old chinese saying goes... " you fuck with me you fuck with my whole family"... :05-mafia:

I thought that was a Mexican saying? :smartass:

Yeah, and an egirl says it to boot. Thats the team we need to beat, and beat bad. :furious:

you know what, i'm glad this McCoy kid said what he said,,,,, gonna give extra fire power to the whole Defense to go head hunting...

like the old chinese saying goes... " you fuck with me you fuck with my whole family"... :05-mafia:

the dog never understood this. you have a hated division rival who has owned you in recent years, knocked you out of the playoffs on your turf when you were the defending champ and number one seed and handed out one of the most embarrassing losses in recent years...what extra incentive is needed? if it takes a player talking trash in the offseason to serve as motivation, then there are issues (not saying this is a giant thing, just a pro sports thing in general)...

and what is the code of honor when it comes to talking trash? on the field, acceptable...off the field, not? perhaps Osi can share with mccoy the chapter in the player handbook that specifies when, where and what type of trash talking is acceptable and above reproach...perhaps mccoy just needs mentoring...Osi can work on starting this mentoring program no doubt when he is injured mid season or while he is camping out 15 yards behind the QB each play...

the dog never understood this. you have a hated division rival who has owned you in recent years, knocked you out of the playoffs on your turf when you were the defending champ and number one seed and handed out one of the most embarrassing losses in recent years...what extra incentive is needed? if it takes a player talking trash in the offseason to serve as motivation, then there are issues (not saying this is a giant thing, just a pro sports thing in general)...

and what is the code of honor when it comes to talking trash? on the field, acceptable...off the field, not? perhaps Osi can share with mccoy the chapter in the player handbook that specifies when, where and what type of trash talking is acceptable and above reproach...perhaps mccoy just needs mentoring...Osi can work on starting this mentoring program no doubt when he is injured mid season or while he is camping out 15 yards behind the QB each play...

You always try and dice things up in your favor. :rolleyes:

Those losses, in those fashions, are definitely enough fuel to want to beat them. He said EXTRA fire power.

If there is a season, hopefully this will be extra motivation for Osi.

Lord knows we only needed one fucking defensive play in the 4th quarter to win that 2nd game.

Thanks for bringing that up, Joe :TD:

Don't hold your breath.

Spot on.

Yes the Eagles have owned us in recent years... I take solace in the fact we're the ones with something in our trophy case for the past 15 years or so.